Oh yes, I remember now. When I was reviewing the unreported games I decided that a draw was the fairest result given that both remaining men were killed in turn 7 (I should probably have mentioned that at the time). In any case, you and Lagnut will both be promoted for season 5.
Also, Icebrain has once again generously offered to provide a copy of his advanced tactics guide as a prize in season 5. This will be awarded to the lowest-ranked active player in the bottom division at the end of the season.
I think I'm going to give it a miss this time, I was starting to find it a bit of a struggle to work up the motivation last season.
Cheers for all the organizing WombatDeath, hopefully I'll work up the motivation for a future season.
We've got 22 players for season 5, which is splendid. Still room for more if anyone's recently bought the game and wants some friendly opposition - sign-ups will close on Sunday.
I am going to die a horrible, pitiful death.
I'm in! First time in any kind of league, go easy ;)
Just put my name down. I haven't played the game since about a week after it came out but I was horribly addicted to it when I did play.
Time to bring back the addiction!
im in! same scenario here mackem - played with my bro and a mate for a couple of weeks relentlessly, been distracted since
time to get brutalised
I'm in, hurt me gentely please.
I'm in this thing too. Might be the nudge I needed to play this game more.
I might be new, but I will fight with all I've got :)
gl & hf !
Season 5 has now begun! This time we have five divisions of seven players each, and the new players have been added to the league in the order in which they registered their participation. You can now start issuing challenges and playing your matches - click here to see the league tables.
Important: each player has the responsibility of challenging every player above him/her in the appropriate division. That means that, for instance, Rodeoclown in division one has to issue two challenges: to echodb and ComradePenguin.
If you are unsure who you should be challenging, look at the second tab on the spreadsheet. You need to issue a challenge for each game in which you are Player 1. If you're still unsure, post in this thread or send me a PM.
Game rules and league procedures
1) Each game must conform to the following settings:
Mode: Dark Elimination
Map type: symmetrical
Turn limit: eight turns
Turn duration: five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
Visibility: vis at time zero
Team strength: four men per player
Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.
2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must state the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in game [game ID]".
Example: "ColOfNature has challenged WombatDeath in game 123456".
3) After each game has been completed, the player accepting the challenge must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] by [number of men killed by victorious player] men killed to [number of men killed by defeated player]".
Example: "ColOfNature has defeated WombatDeath in game 123456 by 4 men killed to 2".
In the event of a draw, the format is "[Challenging player] and [challenged player] have drawn in game [game ID], killing [number of men killed per player] men each."
Example: "ColOfNature and WombatDeath have drawn in game 123456, killing 3 men each".
I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game.
4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Monday 05 December). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 18 December GMT.
5) We're all reasonable people, probably, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or dead, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.
6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will use my discretion and award points to one, both or neither player, depending on the circumstances.
7) At the end of the season the final results will be used to determine the divisions for season 5, according to a fiendishly cunning set of rules which I will arbitrarily put together at some point.
8) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, whimsy and iron-fisted authoritarianism.
Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.
How to create a game with the correct settings
This may be useful to those newer to Frozen Synapse:
1) Log in to server UK1.
2) Click the 'Multiplayer' button at the top of the screen
3) Click 'Create a game'
4) Set the game mode to Dark Extermination
5) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
6) Ignore the scary warning and click 'OK'
7) Click the 'Generate symmetrical' button
8) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side, go back to (7) and repeat until you're happy
9) Click the 'Submit' button
10) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
11) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
12) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 8 (and the 'Turn length' to 5000, which is the default)
13) Enter your opponent's username
14) Enter 'RPS Dark Extermination League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
15) Click the 'Submit' button
16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in point 2 of the post directly above this one.
RodeoClown has challenged echodb in game 377543
RodeoClown has challenged ComradePenguin in game 377545
Pirate_PL has challenged epoc923 in game 377540
I was also trying to challenge bleachpedro3 but I got "Could not find player" error.
agentorange has challenged Unaco in game 377580
TailSwallower has challenged Urthran in game 377621
TailSwallower has challenged tpiece in game 377622
Epoc923 has challenged Wowza in game 377663
Epoc923 has challenged Modomahu in game 377667
Epoc923 has challenged BlazeL in game 377671
I tried challenging JulianBenson but that name could not be found :/
Pirate_PL has defeated Epoc923 in game 377540 by 4 men killed to 1
I think it was supposed to be: Pirate_PL has defeated Epoc923 in game 377540 by 4 men killed to 1
Appologies Pirate, I miss read the rules post and have changed the result.