I'm really in the spacey pewpew mood now so I'm going to channel that enthusiasm into trying to learn Evochron Mercenary at long last. I used to be an enormous fan of Wing Commander and Tie Fighter and this game appears to be a modern iteration of Privateer, with optional multiplayer.
New EVE rebalance coming up, apparently. From CCP: http://community.eveonline.com/devbl...log&nbid=72890
Included in that:
-New mining Frigate. Capable of some defense and better mining than current T1 frigs.
-Better missile frigs
-New T1 Destroyers, including Drone boats for Gallente as T1 Destroyers.
Now this is the stuff I had hoped CCP would do. They get these things rolling and I am definitely coming back T1 Gallente Destroyer Drone Boat? Take all my money!
If WOW would be like EVE Online, i would be playing it like a freak, but is not...
I have to admit, I've NEVER heard Eve compared with WoW before, as an open PvP sandbox, it's about as different as you can get from that.
1. EVE is not hard (in fact it's one of the easiest MMORPGs on the market player skill-wise)
2. EVE is not complicated, it's only vast(and lacks simple no-nonsense guides), but no one forces you to learn all the different faces of it at once
3. EVE is not mining, EVE is not missions, EVE is not PI, if you don't like something just don't do it, there are many other things to do instead
4. EVE is not a spreadsheet, every game has complicated code to represent seemingly simple actions like hitting an enemy with a sword, it's just that in EVE most of the code is visible to the player
5. EVE is not murder, hisec is about as safe as walking city streets(Hulkageddon is an exception, but affects only one specific group of people)
6. EVE does not require moths of skill training to be effective in PvP, unless it's 1 vs. 1 which rarely happens, you can easily hero tackle/scramble from day 2-3 of the game
7. EVE is a great game, but CCP is a garbage company who don't deserve the money you would pay them. Don't play EVE
If we compare CCP to Blizz, EA, Ubifot, man they are saints lol.
Greed is only one of seven deadly sins.
So I just started playing EVE again a little over a month ago, reactivated my old main and all that, but seeing as my old main was a total, 100%, carebear I've been really bored. Basically, all I've been doing is logging in every day or two to update my skill queue while I'm slowly training up to get ready for frigate-level pvp. Having never been in low-sec for very long, and never having ever been in null-sec, I've been looking for a corp to join that would show me the pvp ropes and do so in a somewhat friendly manner.
I've thought about joining the Goons, but as much as I want to join them for their history of doing everything for fun I'm also wary of joining them because I'm worried that they're not too welcoming of people who are both their favorite targets(carebears) and total pvp noobs. A buddy of mine joined up with a null-sec corp a while ago, which is part of why I restarted, but he hasn't done anything with them yet and they seem to be pretty well silent when it comes to offering advice, so I don't really want to join up with them.
Is RPSH in the need of another bait & tackle player? I'll toss a limited API key in you guys' direction so you can look over my character's skills and see what all I can do if need be. Just as a quick rundown I'm able to fly mining barges and mine the newbie stuff(Veld, Scord, Pyrox, Plag) with strip II's, I currently fly an almost fully deadspace/faction fitted Drake for LVL4's and can easily train up to HAMs if you want me to fly a Drake in pvp, and I have pretty much all of the universal turret and launcher control skills at level 3. Basically my character is a jack of most trades at this point, but outside of making my mission-fitted Drake the best that it can be I'm scattered around skill-wise. The upside is that I've got the majority of the core stuff trained up so it's fairly easy for me to get into a new ship and fit it out with decent gear, and I've got skills that can make me money regardless of what's going on.
Hey have you seen this? Damm.
Well to be fair, putting some poetry on some pretty background usually has that effect.
Eve still looks pretty, even though the video is mostly cut together cgi (still done with their engine, but eh..)
i kinda like these intro videos they did for alliance tournament
"we still crave the rush that comes with the fear of death" thats what pvp is all about right there
The Eve opening video with the quotes about you being immortal and having all the potential in the universe is like the most inspiring game opening ever.
Originally Posted by Batolemaeus