Yes, please! I am around the community Mumble quite often and almost exclusively playing WvW at the moment, I'd like to help out a bit.
Originally Posted by Timofee
In other news: We had a GH server meeting on Mumble yesterday evening where the current situation the server is in was discussed. In brief, a list of the results of the meeting:
- Nearly everyone stated that they and their guilds will stay on the server.
- We aim to increase the WvW part of the GH population. To this end, there will be an increased effort to get people interested in this play mode:
- Since many people seem to be confused about what to do in WvW and bounce right off of it, introductory events are being planned where some more experienced WvWers will act as guides for the basics (like tactics, map awareness, communication, siege placement, jumping puzzles) of the play mode. Video tutorials have also been mentioned but I have no idea how long it will take to get those done.
- Invitations to the community site / forum will be posted in /s chat in Lion's Arch and other larger hubs. The idea is not to recruit players into guilds, but to inform people that there is an organised community where everyone is welcome. Guilds that are trying to recruit players can do so in a subsection of the community forum as well, which is a great way to present themselves.
- A free trial weekend is coming up where players can invite their friends (or foes) to try the game. This is a great opportunity to show people around and give them a helping hand. During the weekend there will be lots of possibilities to get introduced to WvW.
In other words: Gunnar's Hold is looking forward. We've got a great community going and will try everything to keep it alive and kicking.
If you would like to join in the fun, visit the Gunnar's Hold server forum, post in here, or send me (or the other RPS WvWers) a PM.