Spud's Quest - One for the retro fans
The hero that is Simon 'Maia' Roth linked me here, so here goes:
Spud's Quest is a puzzle adventure game for Windows that draws it's inspiration from retro classics like the Dizzy series, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid. The game is currently about 70% complete.
The game has received approval and backing from the Oliver Twins, the creators of Dizzy (Quote on Kickstarter page).
Players take on the role of Spud and his friend Prince Charming, who has been cursed by an evil wizard and turned into a frog. The pair set on a journey to uncover four ancient stones that have the power to banish the evil and remove the curse.
- A large fantasy game world featuring varied locales and characters
- Four dungeons brimming with puzzles and enemies
- Day / night / weather system that affects characters schedules
- Abilities / Powerups to further your progress
- Control switching mechanic (Spud / frog)