Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vermintide?

Activated Node

Vermintide?

Vermintide is a Warhammer Fantasy themed game, heavily inspired by Left 4 Dead, but with fun melee mechanics that quite drastically alter the feel of the game. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but there should be some videos out there.

Anyone else here playing it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'm very interested in this one but need to save money currently so unlikely to grab it until at least christmas.

Not sure how quickly it'll get repetitive so can't justify the release cost.

Network Hub
    I'm loving it so far and would definitely be up for a few runs with RPS guys.

Network Hub
    Grabbed it for 20e from GMG. I'm also up for playing it, although I'll probably wait for the actual launch next weekend before trying it.
    Steam: Crux
    BNet: Crux#2901

Obscure Node
    Came here wondering the same thing. If anyone wants to play with my son and I this weekend my steam name is 'DeFrank'. Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tomdefrank/

Full disclosure. We've only played for about an hour so far but that's long enough playtime for me to feel confident in saying that we suck pretty hard.

Edit: If anyone is on the fence about getting it wondering if the (mostly) melee combat is fun or not, I would say "holy shit yes".
    Last edited by DeFrank; 22-10-2015 at 06:39 PM.

got the game yesterday, played a few rounds, loving it.

I would also point out that yesterday there were 21k people playing, not bad at all, not bad at all

Alas, for the prices charged for multiplayer toys.

For a singleplayer world I can dig into for hours, exploring, learning its secrets, I can justify a high price - but for a multiplayer toy, I've grown jaded and cautious with my coins. Evolve, Titanfall, Minimal, Depth, Super Monday Night Combat - these arena combat toys with no meaningful singleplayer content, just bots...

I just don't like people enough. I just don't enjoy playing with randomly quickmatched trolls enough. I play too little to justify the cost. Thus I must always wait until the price drops to the five to eight pounds mark to not feel that I'm throwing cash into the pit.

I do wish I could justify giving money to people for fun and interesting games, but when those games elect to provide only the tuned, repetitive arena battle experience, quality-dependent upon its own unproven community... It asks too much faith in the faith of too many disappointments.

Vermintide is a co-op multiplayer game, not an 'arena combat' game. It's generally assumed that you get the most out of such games by playing them with friends (or at least a select group, rather than randos), which is what we're trying to arrange here.

Also, all of those arguments can be made in favour of multiplayer games, against single player games. A game being multiplayer only does not make it shallow or bad - a game being shallow or bad makes it shallow or bad.
    Steam

Warframe: Awesomeclaw

Network Hub
    Just started playing it today, would love to play with some RPS folks, my profile if you want a grumpy dwarf to venture forth with: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010175312
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Activated Node
    Hey folks,

Looking forward to playing some of this game - I'm certainly up for joining you for some good coop rat splatting. Feel free to add me on steam if you fancy joining up for a game - my profile name is 'naetharu'

I've just got it so would be interested in joining up with some people, as I have no regular online friends to play with :(
    Having said that I have two kids and unsociable hours which explains why.

But if anyone wants to add me my profile is Jorumrat. If anyone sees me online/in game at reasonable time feel free :)

Obscure Node
    I am looking for some more people to play Vermintide with. I have played a bunch already so I am pretty experienced. My steam profile is here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971007707 and I'm in the UK so feel free to add me if you want to play.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MozzerV12 View Post
    I am looking for some more people to play Vermintide with. I have played a bunch already so I am pretty experienced. My steam profile is here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971007707 and I'm in the UK so feel free to add me if you want to play.
    I'm adding you guys, maybe we'll find some time to play together. Would it be possible to create a steam group for RPS Vermintide players ?

My steam profile : http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrtiax/

Network Hub
    Still in the process of flipping my sleeping schedule around, so I'm gone early'ish in the day. But if I'm online/away in Steam or in some channel in Mumble just come poke me, I'm probably up for playing.
    Steam: Crux
    BNet: Crux#2901

Obscure Node
    Really shocked by the lukewarm Wot I Think on the main page! Haven't had this much fun with a new game for years.

Shall we start a community for this?

Shall it be called Rock Paper Skaven?

Yes! I'd love to play with some RPS folks that want to have fun first (on Hard mode :P ) and worry about loot second. I'm having a great time with this, but it would be even better with friends (most of mine either use macs or are still playing WoW, ugh). Here's my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Elusiv3Pastry

Rock Paper Vermin sounds better :D

I'd like to participate in some Rattus skull cracking.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/caseworks/

Obscure Node
    Here's a Steam Group for us:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RatPaperShotgun

It's public, so's anyone can join. Help yourselves!
    Last edited by Thumbs; 30-10-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Hmm, been eyeing this a lot. Had great fun playing L4D1 and 2 with a dedicated group of friends who have sadly since all but disappeared from gaming. If we get a regular group going I would definitely shell out the money for this :)
    "Time is a companion, travelling with us on the journey of life, to remind us to cherish each moment as it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

Join the group and begin! There is also a channel on the mumble server if you don't want to use the ingame (though it is pretty decent as far as I can tell)