Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Natural Selection 2 Bi-weekly meetups.

Hello. So I and a few others tries to play NS2 bi-weekly but the more is the merrier so we are kindly reaching out a hand to anyone whom wants to join us :) We have so far been playing on Sundays but since this clashes a bit with our lives we are gonna try to play on Mondays instead and see if works out better.

The only thing you have to do is to join the Rock Paper Skulk-group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpskulk) on Steam and look at the event-list to see when the next scheduled game is. At the moment of writing the next meetup will be on this upcoming Monday the 21st at 20.00 CET.

For VoIP we use the Rock Paper Shotgun-Mumble Server and we resides in the Natural Selection 2-channel.

Information on how to setup Mumble and the Rock Paper Shotgun-server can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rps...79816612620800

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely, Jesper a.k.a. best_jeppe

I am glad to see that there were some people that turned up for the event and even though we might not have won that many matches it was still a blast to play with you! :)

Now we had a little snaffu where after we were done playing we noticed that there was a player in the Mumble-channel that we werent aware of which we apologize for.

Next time however if you join the channel and we are already playing and you cant vocally get a connection with us then send a message to either me or someone else playing. Usually our Mumble-names are the same in Steam so look in the members-section of the Steam-group Rock Paper Skulk to see whom are playing and send a message so we can get you in to the game :)

The next gaming-session will be on Monday the 4th of April at 20.00 CET which to say is in 2 weeks so mark that down in to your calendars! I will post a reminder a few days prior to the event so you dont forget.

Hope to see you in the Battlefield!

Sincerely, Jesper

Playing NS2 last Monday was a blast! Alot of teamwork on the servers. I do feel the long pause though, my fade's spikes used to be pointier... Still, what a great game and such a welcome change of pace after almost 200h of Rocket League! Looking forward to April 4th!

Reminder, on this upcoming Monday April 4th at 20.00 CEST we will be playing some NS2-goodness so be sure to be there! :)

Sincerely, Jesper

Network Hub
    Also, one cannot join servers if the recently added tutorial hasn't been finished. Found that out the hard way last time, wasn't amused. It's not that long to do, but one might want to keep that in mind before trying to join the party.
    Steam: Crux
    BNet: Crux#2901

It started out a bit rocky but that final match was epic and fourtunately I recorded the whole thing as well. I would describe it as NS2 at its finest. The audio is a bit crap with my mic being waaay to high and the game sounds and everyone else a bit low so keep that in mind.

The whole last match can be watched here and it was a beauty: https://www.twitch.tv/best_jeppe/v/58636172

The next gaming session is planned to be at Monday April 18th at 20.00 CEST so be sure to be there :)

Thanks to all of you whom turned up tonight! Hope to see you next time.

Sincerely, Jesper.

Thanks to everyone whom showed up for the bi-weekly NS2-War. Even though we lost the last game (and the previous ones but the commander screwed us on that one) it was a really exciting and fun match with our own Kwisats as commander. And even though he by his own account hadn't commanded for about 2 years he approached the task like he had commanded for every day for the last couple of years....but since we lost under his rule we have to court-martial him of course :)

In all seriousness though, I hope everyone had fun and shows up and the next time which will be May 2nd at the usual 20.00 CEST. I am for one looking forward to it!

Sincerely, Jesper

Such a shame that the commander of the second game left and even sold all the ips! There was potential that game... Commanding yesterday was a joy though! Very responsive and communicative folks on the server. Alas that it was not enough to win the game. Still, I had fun. As for the court-martial... You are a tad late. I'm already far into the southern rim of Andromeda bathing in the light of red giants, on a beach made of kryptonite sand. And all with your life insurance moneys (so many died... so often!)

Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Such a shame that the commander of the second game left and even sold all the ips! There was potential that game... Commanding yesterday was a joy though! Very responsive and communicative folks on the server. Alas that it was not enough to win the game. Still, I had fun. As for the court-martial... You are a tad late. I'm already far into the southern rim of Andromeda bathing in the light of red giants, on a beach made of kryptonite sand. And all with your life insurance moneys (so many died... so often!)
    Yeah, he was a real dill hole. Well, now maybe when you get back from your RnR you can keep on commanding if our teams are at a pinch. You command Marines and I command Aliens :)

I've heard great things about this from Crux, and will aim to join the next one. Monday the 2nd of May, right?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    I've heard great things about this from Crux, and will aim to join the next one. Monday the 2nd of May, right?
    Great to hear word is spreading! Yes, Monday 2nd it is!

I shall join you. I am an overly cautious but devious Lurk (.. and in the game).

I'm out of practise, but have played Natural Selection since the early days of the original mod, and wear the hallowed Black Marine Armour from winning an NS2/Overgrowth contest a few years before the game came out.

Yeah, that's right. You may touch the armour.

I've an overactive imagination and a love for old-fashioned RTS gameplay, so I lean more toward the 'take over the entire map, INFEST EVERYTHING, grind the enemy down, build complex defenses, micromanage the gorges, WEBS! WEBS AND CLOGS, AHHAHAHA' approach of pushing the marines into a 'GAME OVER, MAN! D:' situation.

This doesn't often actually work, so don't let me command.

If you'd like potentially a small bump in attendance numbers on Monday, I can stick it in the main Steam group's calendar. That way people get a notification when it's starting.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

@Jakkar: You are certainly welcome and I too suffer from the "Take over the whole map!"-mentality which rarely works in NS2 :)

@Krathor: That would certainly be appreciated :)

And just to be clear, this upcoming Monday May 2nd at 20.00 CEST we will again put on the Armor or crawl in to our eggs for glorious victory!

Guild Wars 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Oh, nice! Thanks for the exposure Krathor! If things keep picking up we'll soon be able to run our own dedicated RPS-Servers again 😁. Let's hope we can get some new blood to give NS2 a whirl. Too bad the guide section of our old sub-forums is not as readily accessible anymore... Should anyone have any questions regarding the game, feel free to ask here or in the chat.

@Jakkar
    Touching THE armor would mean I'd never be able to wash my hands again. And you know what would follow: Dirty marine eating his space lunch... lack of hygiene... disease, infection, infestation... new playable lifeform: Marine Alien! So yeah, I'm totally gonna tut-a-tut-a-touch you!

Psssst, if there's anything you want to copy over, you can still access the old subforum.
    Guild Wars 2:

Thanks Krathor :)

What a great turnout! I hope everyone was enjoying themselves and was not scared away by my terrible comming! Twelve people... Would never have thought to see that day again!

btw: I would love to jump into a game of PS2 sometime after hearing those stories about base building and hives (kinda reminds me of another game...). If I can find the time I'll try to join some Wednesday or another.
    Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 02-05-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Obscure Node
    Had a great time, thanks for the announcement and the warm welcome!