Calvin and Hobbes -- what was that strip?

I have a vague recollection of a particular Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. It's been itching at the back of my mind for days, but Google Image Search has thus far failed me.

The trip has Calvin at his desk in the classroom. He asks a question of the teacher, something along the lines of "what is the point of life when we're all going to die anyway?" The teacher responds pragmatically, possibly with an instruction to start some classroom activity. The last panel has Calvin muttering or thinking to the effect that, actually, he really needs an answer to his question first.

Anyone recognise it?

For everyone else, here are a couple great strips/panels I've come across during my search:

EDIT: This one is close, but definitely not the one I was thinking of. A variation on the same theme:

Last edited by Lethe; 31-03-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    "I still havenít forgiven C. S. Lewis for going on all those long walks with J. R. R. Tolkien -- and failing to strangle him." (Clive James)

Found it!

Now I can die in peace.
    "I still havenít forgiven C. S. Lewis for going on all those long walks with J. R. R. Tolkien -- and failing to strangle him." (Clive James)

/threadclose
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

meet me in the treehouse, *hobbes out
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

"the operator of toast is a person"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    For future use, in case you hadn't already found this handy strip searcher.

http://michaelyingling.com/random/calvin_and_hobbes/
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR
    The Red Blades, a Battle Brothers AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post

well if that isnt one of the coolest places on the interweb. thanks!
    soo glad the thread wasnt closed
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post

Looks like a handy resource, thanks! Although I'm not sure it would've helped me in this case because I wasn't sure about *any* of the exact words in the comic.

It's interesting how memory works -- or my memory, at any rate. Although I wouldn't say I have a 'photographic' memory, I notice that when attempting to recall quotes or lines from a book, I will usually have both (a) a general idea of the content I am attempting to retrieve, hopefully including some distinctive keywords or phrases that I can plug into Google and (b) a visual or geometrical representational component, that is to say I will know that the text in question was e.g. on the right-hand page and near the bottom, or having certain distinctive visual features in relation to the text preceding and following it.
    Last edited by Lethe; 01-04-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    It's interesting how memory works -- or my memory, at any rate. Although I wouldn't say I have a 'photographic' memory, I notice that when attempting to recall quotes or lines from a book, I will usually have both (a) a general idea of the content I am attempting to retrieve, hopefully including some distinctive keywords or phrases that I can plug into Google and (b) a visual or geometrical representational component, that is to say I will know that the text in question was e.g. on the right-hand page and near the bottom, or having certain distinctive visual features in relation to the text preceding and following it.
    same here.
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think you could name any song that I've listened to at least few times and I could give you most of the lyrics (works best on Tom Waits songs).
    And some of these songs are ones I've last heard like 10-15 years ago. :d

And yet sometimes I forget to buy something I've remebered to buy before going to shop. Stupid, stupid brain.