Distributed computing

Is anyone here participating in any distributed computing projects? I've decided I want to contribute something to science, and some of these distributed computing projects seem an easy way to do that. I've signed up for a few that use the BOINC client (seti, rosetta, einstein and the two CERN projects), which seems a relatively straightforward way to contribute to a few different projects. I've previously contributed to folding@home, but I like the variety of projects on BOINC.

Anyone doing anything similar, or any tips for good projects?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    How about mining bitcoins for me? I would use them responsibly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's a few games that playing them help scientists to do science.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ggest-problems

I've taken part in several such projects in the past, mainly on BOINC, however I stopped doing so after witnessing the effects on my energy bill. Depending on where you live and/or how you pay for energy, that may be a non-issue, though.

However, I suppose it would no problem in setting up RPS Group(s) for people who are interested.
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I only ever participated fairly briefly in Seti@Home and Folding@Home, perhaps 15 and 10 years ago respectively. My impression is that distributed computing was a big thing back when it was a novel concept, and back when the internet was still populated largely by nerds. These days the geeks have bitcoin, and most people have lives.
    Last edited by Lethe; Today at 01:52 PM.
    "I still havenít forgiven C. S. Lewis for going on all those long walks with J. R. R. Tolkien -- and failing to strangle him." (Clive James)