Results 1 to 20 of 43
Thread: Guild Wars 2 resources
11-08-2013, 06:32 PM #1
Guild Wars 2 resources
This thread is supposed to provide people with a concise source of information about everything ranging from official sources to more specific topics like PvP builds or crafting guides. It is supposed to co-exist with Duke's Useful Hints and Tips thread. Opposed to Duke's thread, this will be more like a glossary of links to other sources on the internet with a structure consisting of a couple of main topics.
- Areanet's Guild Wars 2 webpage. The developers will announce upcoming changes and other news concerning the game here. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/ Also home of the
- Official forums. A good starting point if you are looking for information or support from both the community or the developers themselves. https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum
- Leaderboards. Lists rankings of PvP, WvW, and PvE achievement points for both NA and EU region. https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na
- Guild Wars 2 wiki. Still the #1 address for getting quick access to information about different aspects of the game. Can be called from within the game by typing "/wiki topic" into chat, with "topic" being a key word of your choice. Lists upcoming changes to the game on the frontpage. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
Other forums/boards and GW2 web communities:
- Gunnar's Hold Community. The heart and soul of the GH WvW community. Access to the private discussion sections requires registration and guild membership validation. http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/forum.php
- Guild Wars 2 reddit. Information black board and community discussion. Check this page for the latest rumors and trading post hypes. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/
- Guild Wars 2 WvW Community. With a focus on - you guessed it - WvW. http://www.gw2wvw.net/
- Guild Wars 2 Guru. Useful forum sections for PvP and PvE parts of the game. http://www.guildwars2guru.com/
- Wooden Potatoes. Great guides and lots and lots of lore information. http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes
- Guild Wars 2 Online. A bit dated, but contains a lot of good videos about basics and advanced concepts of PvP. http://www.youtube.com/user/GuildWars2Online
- Sitting On A Couch. An extremely well done series of podcasts, each with a focus on one of the professions covering both PvE and PvP aspects of the specific class. Feature knowledgeable guests for topic specific discussions. http://sittingonacouch.com/
- Tales of Tyria. Concluded, but has been said to be an entertaining look at a range of aspects of the game. http://www.talesoftyria.com/
Databases and APIs:
- Guild Wars 2 Stuff. Event timers for all servers and maps. http://us.gw2stuff.com/en
- Gunnar's Hold GW2 Stuff page. http://us.gw2stuff.com/events/gunnars-hold
- Divinitiesreach.com. Yet another event timer getting data from the GW2 API. http://divinitysreach.com/map/en/
- Guild Wars Temple. Another temple event timer page, lists a selection of popular events. http://guildwarstemple.com/
- GW2timer. Timer page, also lists many minor events. http://gw2timer.com/
- Millenium. World vs. World matchups, rankings and predicted rankings. http://mos.millenium.org/
- Guildhead. http://www.guildhead.com/
- Guild Wars 2 database. http://www.gw2db.com/
- Argos Soft. Galleries of armor, weapons, dyes. http://argos-soft.net/
- Guild Wars Archives – Dulfy. Vast amount of well written guides, item galleries and generally useful information. http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/
Guild mission guides:
- Guild bounties http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/
- Guild rushes http://dulfy.net/2013/03/17/gw2-guil...mission-guide/
- Guild challenges http://dulfy.net/2013/04/20/gw2-guil...mission-guide/
- Guild puzzles http://dulfy.net/2013/04/28/gw2-guil...mission-guide/
- Guild Wars 2 spidy. Item database and trading post graphs. http://www.gw2spidy.com/
- GW2TP. For all your flipping needs. http://gw2tp.net/
- Guild Wars Trade. http://www.guildwarstrade.com/
- jha4ceb's guide to flipping. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ng-Money-from-
Online tools and other resources:
- Guild Wars 2 LFG. Looking for group tool. http://gw2lfg.com/
- Guild Wars 2 Interactive Map. http://gw2cartographers.com/
- Guild Wars 2 Dungeons. Comprehensible guides for dungeons, including descriptions for all paths as well as shortcuts. http://gw2dungeons.net/
- GW2Hero. Lists all events on a world map. http://gw2hero.com/
- GW2 Overwolf apps. Applications/plug-ins providing overlays for GW2 like browsing GW2 Spidy, checking boss timers, or armor galleries without requiring users to alt-tab out of the game. List of apps on the Official Wiki. Requires Overwolf.
- Guide to exploring the world on ownedcore. For all you map exploration or speedrunning needs. http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/...all-areas.html
Builds and build calculators:
- Basic PvE DPS Rotations - an overview. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...r_all_classes/
- Into The Mists. http://intothemists.com/calc/
- Guild Wars 2 Skills. http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/
- Death and Taxes theory crafting forums. http://www.dtguilds.com/forum/viewfo...860/m/6563292/
- MetaBattle Wiki. Database for builds. http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
- Top GW2 tournament builds. http://forums.intothemists.com/index...nament-builds/
- Guild Wars 2 Resource Maps (currently in beta). Another node map site, includes information for all servers and gives a count of the different nodes present on each map. http://gw2nodes.com/
- Dynamic Crafting Guides. Updating with current trading post prices, allow to factor in karma vendors. http://gw2crafts.net/
- Skill point to gold values. Lists various ways of turning skill points into gold. http://gw2sp2g.herokuapp.com/#Mystic%20Forge%20Recipes
Tweets and blogs:
- Duke. Who's the rad Norn commander that leads all his troops over a cliff? Duke, ya damn right. http://duke-w.tumblr.com/
- The tales of Vlupius. tumblr blog written by everyone's all-time favourite pun machine. http://vlupius.tumblr.com/
- Official Guild Wars 2 twitter. https://twitter.com/GuildWars2
- RPS Guild Wars 2 twitter. https://twitter.com/RPS_GW2
Last edited by Squiz; 09-06-2015 at 06:30 PM.
11-08-2013, 06:32 PM #2
post reserved for future additions
Last edited by Squiz; 11-08-2013 at 06:47 PM.
11-08-2013, 06:32 PM #3
further reserved post
Last edited by Squiz; 11-08-2013 at 06:47 PM.
11-08-2013, 07:13 PM #4
This is an excellent idea Squirrel - thanks. I think both this and Duke's thread are important resources - as a fresh 80 I'm eager to discover all the game's secrets and a thread like this is one of the best starting points. The "inside information" in Duke's post is as much a destination as the other sites linked to here so maybe over time, the topics in Duke's thread might get indexed here with all the resources - assuming it's possible to link to a specific post within a thread.
Maybe there's even an argument for making the two threads into one mega-thread with the first posts being the contents/index list like here and the following posts containing Duke's topics and other contributions and comments. A sort of one-stop destination for everything. Or should that be ***EVERYTHING***!!??
On that note, another useful event timers related resource (oriented to Gunnar's Hold since we live here) would be...
12-08-2013, 12:29 AM #5
12-08-2013, 08:39 AM #6
Thanks Duke. I am a bit undecided at the moment about the whole link afair. Maybe keep those links that explain a specific trick? In any case we should try to avoid redundancy.
12-08-2013, 09:38 AM #7
12-08-2013, 10:33 AM #8
12-08-2013, 05:26 PM #9
23-09-2013, 12:44 PM #10
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
found this new event timers website yesterday from gw2 reddit, direct link for gunnars hold map: http://divinitysreach.com/map/en/2014/
It works with the original event api and updates every 15 seconds, plus has some more features.
Before I was using: http://gw2.thelazy.net/events.html
http://us.gw2stuff.com/events/gunnars-hold was nice because you can track events, but it caches the api so the updates are slower.
23-09-2013, 01:06 PM #11
The DR one is nice, but I do like to be able to see the timers too so I know what's up next. I've been mostly using GW2stuff; it's small delays aren't so large that one could miss an event, especially now that most of the HP bars have been buffed.GW2: Saphnabylni & co.
23-09-2013, 01:24 PM #12
GWstuff is already listed above, will add divinitiesreach.
04-11-2013, 10:40 AM #13
Added ghnodes.com to the list of crafting resources.
04-11-2013, 11:46 AM #14
you should add this too, since it means that you can guest and find them anywhere
http://gw2nodes.com/Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
Steam ID: Hawksbane
04-11-2013, 12:43 PM #15
I've seen this one too but was reluctant to add it due to the "beta" tag. Will add it now.
11-12-2013, 09:31 AM #16
Tweetiti, known in GW2 also as (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel, Liltweetie, Tweet Manstalker and Tweetfanny Adams
- Gunnar's Hold Community Node Map. An editable map for locating resource nodes, particularly useful for finding Orichalcum and Ancient Wood nodes. http://www.ghnodes.com doesn't work anymore
Subscribe to our @RPS_GW2 Twitter
11-12-2013, 10:19 AM #17
Thanks Tweetiti, I have removed the entry from the list. The domain seems to have expired. I would suggest using gw2nodes.com instead.
Oh and I hate formatting bullet points in forum posts.
11-12-2013, 05:36 PM #18GW2: Saphnabylni & co.
03-04-2014, 10:15 PM #19
24-04-2014, 06:29 PM #20Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
Steam ID: Hawksbane