Results 1 to 20 of 136
14-06-2014, 11:38 AM #1
[HabitRPG] Looking for Group to improve ourselves IRL
A few weeks back I've created an account to HabitRPG ( https://habitrpg.com ), which is a website (+ mobile app) to apply gamification to your life. Once you've created an account, you can set yourself some daily tasks to perform, habits (negative one you want to get rid off, or good ones you want to do more) and todos.
Then the RPG aspect kicks in. In your account you have an avatar, with a level (+ associated XP bar) and a health bar which is affected by your self-reported progress :
- When you do your dailies, perform a good habit, or finish a todo, you get rewarded by gold and XP
- When you miss a daily, or get back into a bad habit, you lose health.
- With your gold, you can buy items to boost your stats, which improves rewards you get (sword), limit damage you take if you fail (armor), heal you (potions), ...
That's the basic aspect of it. It doesn't work for everything (for me, dailies work great, habits less so), but it definitely helped me improve (for example : getting to bed before 23H30 is one of my daily).
However, there is another element that can help people to improve : peer pressure. HabitRPG does include it, in a great way.
You can set up a party with other users, and go on a quest, where what every member of the party do will help or hinder the quest. For example if you're fighting a boss, when someone miss a daily, everyone in the party lose health (and yes, everyone in the party can die if one or 2 people are too careless). On the other hand, every time you perform a good thing, the boss takes damage. There are also some additional stuff like spells you can use to buff your party, debuff the boss, or heal the party.
So, I'm looking for some giraffes that would be interested to try HabitRPG out. If some of you pick it up, maybe a few will find it useful enough to keep at it. Then, later on, we would be able to set up a party and perform the quests. Partying with strangers is possible in HabitRPG, but i would find even better if i could do it with such an awesome group of people as the RPS community
A few additional notes :
- Creating an account is free, and all the basic functions are free, but the site uses a system similar to F2P games. There is a hard currency (diamond) that you can only buy with dollars which is used to pay for cosmetics items and pets.
- I know this thread should in the general "gaming" forum, but i wanted to check interest in that thing that is not an actual game before eventually moving it in the greater RPS community.
- It's also possible to create guilds in HabitRPG. As far as i know, it's mostly a place to chat in HabitRPG between like minded people, but if there is enough interest, we could set up an RPS guild (could help to set up new parties)
- If you're like me and are worried about privacy issues : I asked people in the game chat, and they replied that it's not possible for your party members to know what are your dailies/tasks. They only know whether you did them or not (and the associated results for the quest). So if you have some habits you want to keep track of but don't want people to know about them, you should be OK.
14-06-2014, 01:16 PM #2
14-06-2014, 04:20 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
This seems pretty cool. I try to adhere to a schedule as much as I can, but getting SCORNED by Giraffes might be what I need.
14-06-2014, 06:39 PM #4
Sounds interesting, but im way too lazy to keep up with any habits or routines.
14-06-2014, 06:51 PM #5My old sig didn't meet with the community guidelines. This one does but isn't anywhere near as interesting to read.
14-06-2014, 08:35 PM #6
14-06-2014, 08:50 PM #7
15-06-2014, 07:23 AM #8
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
I'll give it a go, maybe it will curb some of my procrastination.
17-06-2014, 03:46 PM #9
19-06-2014, 03:02 PM #10
could you cheat in an attempt to get a world first boss kill
29-06-2014, 11:35 AM #11
So 2 weeks in, has anyone picked up HabitRPG, and found it useful ?
29-06-2014, 06:21 PM #12
29-06-2014, 08:40 PM #13
29-06-2014, 09:03 PM #14
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Maybe Eso has to see at least one character die before he changes his ways... the awesome power of guilt.
30-06-2014, 09:35 AM #15
30-06-2014, 10:59 AM #16
30-06-2014, 11:15 AM #17
What about if you actually worked In a Tavern? Technically you could just put your character in the tavern and not be accused of ignoring your duties. :PSteam - Nick
30-06-2014, 11:39 AM #18
30-06-2014, 06:11 PM #19
13-07-2014, 04:18 PM #20
I've signed up for this. Do we have some sort of guild set up?