Rock, Paper, Shock Rifle (UT Pre-Alpha)

Last night i finally managed to get over my laziness and install the new UT (https://www.unrealtournament.com/) to test it. Turns out it's surprisingly good for a "pre-alpha" game! There's a few maps, some completely textured and done, others still WIP, all the weapons are in place, the physics and movement... There's even some free stuff on the marketplace already I suppose almost everything will change in the long term, but it's already great fun to play.
    There's DM, TDM, CTF, Duel and "Showdown" right now, with the later being some sort of CA (read - you only get to die once) BUT with pickups (you don't spawn with all weapons, HP and armour).

The game is very pretty, with the typical "Epic" design of surfaces, textures, weapons and everything else, and it runs super smooth on my medium-to-good rig. And what i like most is that it kind of is Good Old UT with new graphics and only a couple of new "tricks" such as the "slide" that you execute when you duck while moving, a "Mario stomp" kill, wall-walk move and a slope-climbing move (for all i know these might have been added to the old UTs with a patch at some point). Everything else is the same - the same weapons (so far, new might come from the marketplace) and same mechanics except maybe the minigun alt-fire which now pushes people back (and the new flack alt-fire arc is very weird, i can't get used to it), dodge and wall-dodge, different armours and shield belts...

All in all i've played it for maybe 4-5 hours tops so far but i as i said i am impressed by how well it all works considering this is not even alpha yet. I've learned that i still suck very hard at UT* and i've got a ton to learn but it's also enjoyable and an oh-so-needed breath of GOOD arena shooter after all the CoD/BF clones drowning the FPS lately. And since there's the option to have "friends" and play together i've decided to start this here thread and try get some teams organised, maybe run some CTF or some such if enough people are interested. There's also these "hubs" that kind of group up a few servers together under a theme or some such, i am not entirely sure how they work but i am pretty sure in the future we can setup an RPS hub with a few different servers in it... Research must be done!
    Also, if people show interested in all this i will make a Discord server for chat and voice comms, it's quite an excellent tool!

So if anyone's interested in playing together, say so here and let's learn UT together! :)
    My Epic launcher nickname is "Lyesainer", feel free to add me...

*I am more of an Quake player and even tho i've never really got to a pro level i had some skills at some point. I've always found UT interesting and pretty but i never got to learn the movement in the game, especially the dodge and wall-jump skills. I am too old to go "pro" anyway now, so i just don't care if i suck :P
    You can get hyped by uber skills here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVN...P_TPES&index=4
    Last edited by Hunchback; 28-03-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenus. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Can't believe the amount of attention this is getting!

:|
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenus. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

I do keep checking in on the pre-alpha every now and then, it's good to see how fast it's moving along and that it still firmly holds the UT feel, but I've learned in this age of early access to not spend much time playing them until they are fully cooked otherwise I don't play them much when complete.
    Steam ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Origin ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Battle.net ID : Sp4rkR4t#1773
    uPlay: Sp4rkR4t

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've tested it a bit earlier, though not for a month or 2.

I'm same name on Epic client than here so feel free to add me and can maybe play at some point (will be away for few days though).