Folk ARPS - Arma 3 for everybody

If you are looking for a group of light hearted but organised people to learn and play Arma with then look no further than the resident arma group - Folk ARPS (FA).

We run two sessions a week on Sunday and Tuesday at 19:20 UK time that are open to anyone and you won't need half a tonne of mods either. If you want to join us or find out a bit more then go to this address:

www.folkarps.com

Here you will find all the relevant information about when, where and what. Any questions you have can be posted on the forum there or sent to one of the hosts (admins). The links are all on that page, have a quick read.

If you want to see the kind of stuff that we get up to have a look at this you tube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/folkarps

Alternatively come join us on Discord (no installation required) and have a chat.

Happy Armaing

audiox and all the rest of FA

Useful links:
    TS3 Details
    A quick Q&A
    The forum
    Ask me about our line of DCS World flight nights!
    Next session is 21 May 20:00 GMT

For those who missed it, or fancy a re-read, here is the article Rock Paper Shotgun did on FA last autumn.

Days without a friendly fire incident: 0

Obscure Node
    As someone who joined in for these many many many moons ago, how easy is it to get back into? Been looking for a reason to play some ARMA3 and this might jus Ltd be what I need

I've been in a similar position and I find that these events are not all that hard to get back into.
    Dirt Rally: The League!
    "Having a creative vision doesn’t mean rejecting good ideas when you recognize them. In fact stubbornly sticking to the original vision in the face of better ideas is a sign of an insecure or egotistical artist, and is the kind of thinking that got us Daikatana." - KillahMate

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgey87 View Post
    As someone who joined in for these many many many moons ago, how easy is it to get back into? Been looking for a reason to play some ARMA3 and this might jus Ltd be what I need
    It's incredibly easy! Just make sure to do the following:

1. Set up Teamspeak: Link
    2. Set up Mods: Link CBA ShackTacUI
    3. Have Fun

You might want to brush up on the controls before session if you're rusty. I strongly recommend you use the ShackTacUI mod, which is invaluable, and requires CBA to work. Other white-listed mods are in the forum post, but any other mods are not allowed. You don't need any DLC. Remember to set up a PTT key in Teamspeak.

Nim

Quote Originally Posted by Nim.Was.Taken View Post
    It's incredibly easy! Just make sure to do the following:

1. Set up Teamspeak: Link
    2. Set up Mods: Link CBA ShackTacUI
    3. Have Fun

You might want to brush up on the controls before session if you're rusty. I strongly recommend you use the ShackTacUI mod, which is invaluable, and requires CBA to work. Other white-listed mods are in the forum post, but any other mods are not allowed. You don't need any DLC. Remember to set up a PTT key in Teamspeak.

Nim
    You don't actually need any mods either. Just be there on teamspeak and you're good to go. You don't need to set up cross channel comms either if you don't plan on leading (and chances are you don't).

So it's even more easy! Which is good as you're too busy too game. Even in the future.
    Dirt Rally: The League!
    "Having a creative vision doesn’t mean rejecting good ideas when you recognize them. In fact stubbornly sticking to the original vision in the face of better ideas is a sign of an insecure or egotistical artist, and is the kind of thinking that got us Daikatana." - KillahMate

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If you are unsure join our discord chat and ask a ton of questions.

Go here - https://discordapp.com/invite/0Z8wIyiaekveqtZ4

No installation required.
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community.
    BF4 Platoon admin
    Steam: Bodge
    Battlelog/Skype: Bodgemonkey

Obscure Node
    I shall pop into Discord this evening then pre shenanigans. Won't be playing but will bug people with questions etc.

So yeah, that is now the most viewed video (that is not a Year In Review video....) in the history of FA. Wooo, milsim!
    Last edited by audiox; 25-03-2016 at 04:38 PM. Reason: 12k > 2.5K