Results 361 to 380 of 463
Thread: Pinball FX
22-06-2014, 09:18 PM #361
If my count is right, we had a total of two players this week! Since kinglug was one of them, I'll let you figure out, who managed to win this ;)
Well, but I still have to congratulate him: congrats to kinglug!
New scores, pt 1
New scores, pt 2
Old scores, pt 1
Old scores, pt 2
Table of the week #30:
The next round will last until sunday, the 22th of june, 21:00 GMT.
This is usually the point where I post the poll for the week after the next challenge. There won't be a poll this time or after that. I've decided that we had a good run with these competitions and it's time for me finally wrap it up.
It ran way longer than I ever thought possible and the only reason are you guys, that participated every week, for 30 weeks now. It's incredible! The RPS community really is something special and I'm glad I did this and I don't regret a minute I spent on these competitions and their organization. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did.
With this I now start the last weekly challenge of this group. Do your best one last time!
(well, in this group. You should always keep doing your best at everything else :) )
23-06-2014, 07:26 PM #362
23-06-2014, 11:27 PM #363
Its been a good run, thanks to Bexo for running the competition and all the people that have taken part.
24-06-2014, 01:37 AM #364
Thanks for putting this together, it was a swell time and made me play the game way more than I probably would have otherwise. A big thank you to everyone who added me on Steam and made these competitions happen, as well. I wish I had participated more, but the times I did were worth it. Cheers.
24-06-2014, 04:54 PM #365
- Join Date
- Dec 2013
Thanks for running this, I've had quite a good time. Good luck to everyone on Tesla.
25-06-2014, 12:27 PM #366
Even though I was only around for the first quarter I still want to say thanks. It was a really fun way to experience the game.
30-06-2014, 06:08 PM #367
Alright guys, this is it. The result of our final challenge. It came with a suprise (for me :) ).
Congratulations to Bexo Dust!
New scores, pt 1
New scores, pt 2
Old scores, pt 1
Old scores, pt 2
Well, I guess this is a nice finish for this little competition. The table is not easy to play, but since you can always activate the ball save again, you just have to have a lot of patience, to get any decent score there.
Anyway, since this was our last challenge, I compiled the list of our past winners into a compact challenge winner list:
- Kinlug - 15
- AngoraFish - 7
- ChaosMaster - 4
- Bexo Dust - 3
- Don Himself - 1
It comes to no suprise that kinglug is at the top. He won half of the challenges, making him the undisputed champion of our group, congratulations!
Table of the weeks:
Whatever you want!
The next round will last until you grow tired of the game, 21:00 GMT
Well, I already said what I wanted to say the last time. So thanks again to everyone that took part in these challenges and happy pinballing!
28-11-2014, 09:36 AM #368
05-05-2015, 02:37 PM #369
05-05-2015, 02:38 PM #370
07-05-2015, 08:59 AM #371
Oh man, looking forward to the next sale. There are a few new tables added that I can't justify full price to myself. (Not that they aren't worth it, just my own finances etc.)
07-05-2015, 10:25 AM #372
It does look nice. I'm a bit sick of Marvel and Star Wars themed tables now, so anything different is most welcome. The PvZ and South Park tables in particular have been most enjoyable.
The Pinball Family group is still going strong on Steam if anyone fancies a bit of competition still.
12-05-2015, 08:52 AM #373
Every now and then I drop back into it and see if I can crack top ten on a few tables.
14-05-2015, 03:18 PM #374
Ahhh people socialize about Pinball FX2 scores? I have spent way, way too much time with this game lately. My wrists kinda hate me for it. :( I just picked up the Core Pack, and have been spending a lot of time with Rome. Secrets of the Deep is really fun, too. My favourite table in the game (aside from Sorceror's Lair, which is still fantastic) is Starfighter Assault, though I still don't have a clue how half the mechanics in that work.
"UPGRADE YOUR TURRET CANNONS OR SHIP CANNONS OR SHIP ENGINES OR-"
"Whichever one.. Makes the ball.. Score.. Better?"
But the meshing of mechanics & theme in that table is fantastic. I don't really have many friends who play though, so I'm sat at the top of my friends' scores kinda twiddling my thumbs. I should poke around the global leaderboards and get subsequently Very Disheartened.
21-05-2015, 02:53 PM #375
21-05-2015, 08:03 PM #376
21-05-2015, 08:52 PM #377
27-05-2015, 10:08 PM #378
28-05-2015, 09:05 PM #379
The Portal table is great! I've played a couple of hours of it now, and here're my thoughts:
* It's generally a very beginner-friendly table. You can bounce the ball around and collect shinies at a relatively sedate pace (though in terms of ball speed it's quite fast, Boba Fett is probably the closest I've experienced, though it's not as dangerous as BF), and while some of the missions are challenging, none are outright sadistic. Doubtless this'll piss off some diehards, but it's clear it's Zen trying to breathe new life into the game and bring in a new audience.
* Multiballs are harder to get than in, say, Ghost Rider or Sorceror's Lair, but by no means impossible. There are two, one based around Portal 2's co-op mode and the other based around the Personality Cores. Spell ATLAS & PBODY and shoot the (easy to find) lock lane in between for the main one. Complete a specific 3 lane combo 3 times for the second one.
* The bumpers are powerful, and can easily shoot the ball back into one of the side-drains with little warning. It's a good idea to brush up on your tilting for when you see the ball dancing around those.
* It generally tries to be very thematic, and it's clear they've put a lot of thought into how to go about that for an adaptation of a (narrative driven, but still) puzzle game. Most missions will centre heavily around shooting two lit lanes to make a portal, then the centre button/ramps, with more portaling interspersed. The use of the elevator to enter/exit missions is a great touch, as is putting the majority of Portal's 'behind the scenes' aspects on minitables.
* The skill shot seems hard at first, but is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. (Hold the pressure meter at just-before halfway, wait for the portal to flash to the bottom panel. Then shoot the top loop.)
* Keying into the newbie-friendliness, this is a table that likes giving you points. Even failed missions will generally net you an ample amount of points, but the challenge lies in getting beyond that. Completing missions quickly will net you a lot, as in other tables.
* The models that hang around the table are pretty unobtrusive, fit well with the table and avoid the "plastic action figures jumping around biffing each other" cheesiness of a lot of the other tables. The fact they're also mostly not human (apart from Chell, who's more realistic-looking than a lot of the SW/Marvel models) helps a lot with this.
* Likewise, the SFX are unobtrusive and don't get in the way of the gameplay.
* There aren't any non-pinball minigames (that I've encountered?). So it all ties together very nicely, and doesn't jarr you out of the experience (contrast with the Starfighter table's "Now play Arkanoid!", or Biolab's marble maze)
* The minitables are challenging, mostly thanks to their sheer speed and some tricky lanes. But they do let you hold the ball fairly easily, and the instructions are clear.
Overall I really highly recommend this table, and would rank it up there with Ghost Rider, Sorceror's Lair, and the other PBFX2 Goodstuff. Definitely a hit, and definitely worth the pound or two for the experience.
Last edited by Dilapinated; 29-05-2015 at 06:31 AM.
28-05-2015, 10:12 PM #380
I've been successfully sucked into the world of Pinball FX2 with this new Portal table, and as a beginner I can vouch for the fact that it's enjoyable! I particularly like the fact that when you activate a mission, you can choose which one to play. I tend to go for the mission with the mini-table: I'm not very good, so that extends the time between me loosing a ball...