Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

RPS Bloodbowl 2 Season 1 Smacktalk/Matchreports

It turns out playing aggressive Wood Elves may not be the best way to play vs High Elves:-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sketchseven's Avatar
    DOD Division D Match 1 - Ethelred (Wood Elves) vs sketchseven (High Elves)

2015-10-08_00002.jpg

Let's take another look at that glorious sight, shall we?

'twas a fair wind that blew me only 8s and 9s on injury rolls. That said, taking his entire team off the pitch was rather hilarious. It's also worth pointing out that all but one of the leafy bastards woke up when I scored, and my KO'd thrower didn't.

Final score 2-0 as I was happy to keep things simple and run down the clock, although Ethelred did his best to encourage me to score by gang-fouling innocent linemen. The Woodies did suffer from the lack of skills/rerolls - burning rerolls on Leaping into the cage, only to find themselves then getting turnovers on 1D blocks or failed Dodge rolls.

Only one skill up, so one of my Blitzers is now a Blodger.

That is a fantastic way to start a new League. Well done both!

Also, props to sketchseven for playing on about the same standard of machine as me! Grass and Spectators, pshaw!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    You're doing Nuffle's work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sketchseven's Avatar
    I'd have preferred Nuffle to have sent me a few more red crosses over yellow bells, but hey ho - only two injuries in the entire match, a BH on a Woodie lineman and a BH on ... one of my Blitzers? Maybe? Can't remember now, the only thing I noted was there was no lasting damage done to either side.

Edit: yeah, I'm running BB2 on a early 2011 bootcamped Macbook Pro. I haven't tried it with the grass and spectators but I see no reason to try. The updated graphics on the players haven't got old to me yet.

DOD Division B Match 1 - Outc4st - Warp Scramblers (Skaven) vs Universal Hamster - Universal Ballfondlers (Human)

Well, that was my first ever real match and damn was it fun! Also incredibly tense. I kicked off and the Skaven swarm broke through my lines early on, only for a mail hary tackle at the last possible moment that allowed me to go all the way back up the field to score. I survived the rest of the half, (I'm not gonna lie, I got very lucky in this match) and the second half started really well with another opportunity to score. However, after some nice advancing and passing I got impatient to make it 2-0, my luck ran out when I tried to Go For It and I fell right before the endzone. Outc4st, the dastardly rat that he is took the opportunity to make an extremely swift counter attack, which left my players struggling to put up any sort of defence at all. It was literally the sixteenth round, I had just managed to get one defender to attack the ball-carrier, succeeding dodge and go for it rolls to make one desperate attack to save the win. My thoughts are as follows:

"Nuffle, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we played, or why we fouled naughtily. All that matters is that humans stood against rats. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Nuffle... so grant me one request. Grant me a successful blitz roll! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

To hell with Nuffle.

Final Score: 1-1
    Last edited by Universal Hamster; 10-10-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    "Nuffle, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we played, or why we fouled naughtily. All that matters is that humans stood against rats. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Nuffle... so grant me one request. Grant me a successful blitz roll! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

To hell with Nuffle.

Excellent. It sounds like you both had a good game.

To hell with Nuffle.

validated in game so any SPP you got will be live for level ups etc.

oh yeah - unless I hear otherwise from both coaches, I will validate results fairly quickly after the game, especially if you post here. Otherwise I will do so at the end of the match day.

P.s. I am away now for the weekend.
    Last edited by Ethelred; 10-10-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Obscure Node
    DoD Division B, Matchday 1, MrBonsai (Wood Elves) vs Alethron (High Elves)

An exciting game with lots of touchdowns for both teams. My wood elves managed to get the better of their cousins in the first half, coming up 2-1 on half-time. In the second half an unfortunate fumble by the high elves allowed the wood elves to steal away the ball and score a touchdown going up 3-1.

The high elves seemed out for blood on the following drive, injuring two wood elves, and killing a third (rip Amur Leopard). After a series of failed passes by both teams, the high elves managed to get a touchdown in the dying minutes of the game.

Final Score 3-2 to the wood elves

Very entertaining back and forth game, with lots af action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    oh yeah - unless I hear otherwise from both coaches, I will validate results fairly quickly after the game, especially if you post here. Otherwise I will do so at the end of the match day.
    Can you add people as admins so we can admin our own matches... I mean, uh, help out if needed?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Hamster View Post
    DOD Division B Match 1 - Outc4st - Warp Scramblers (Skaven) vs Universal Hamster - Universal Ballfondlers (Human)

Well, that was my first ever real match and damn was it fun! Also incredibly tense. I kicked off and the Skaven swarm broke through my lines early on, only for a mail hary tackle at the last possible moment that allowed me to go all the way back up the field to score. I survived the rest of the half, (I'm not gonna lie, I got very lucky in this match) and the second half started really well with another opportunity to score. However, after some nice advancing and passing I got impatient to make it 2-0, my luck ran out when I tried to Go For It and I fell right before the endzone. Outc4st, the dastardly rat that he is took the opportunity to make an extremely swift counter attack, which left my players struggling to put up any sort of defence at all. It was literally the sixteenth round, I had just managed to get one defender to attack the ball-carrier, succeeding dodge and go for it rolls to make one desperate attack to save the win. My thoughts are as follows:

To hell with Nuffle.

You've learnt the most valuable lesson, Nuffle never lets you score on a GFI.

Hey Al, human catchers are AV8 now and their ogres are 10K cheaper...

Apologies to division A participants. Grinn is in, but hasn't yet used his ticket to join so I can't start your schedule.

I have validated a lot of other games from b, c & d, but in fairness I want to keep all divisions in sync.

Please bear with me!

i have added chainsawhands as an admin too.

My lizards' muscles are atrophying from all this time on the bench. So when I lose all my matches, it's not really my fault, it's Grinn's.

Right we're all on and started. Post here for urgent validations, contact me if there are any disputes.

As I said in the other thread, I will roll the day early if possible because of the delays we have had, otherwise you have until October 24th to get your games in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    i have added chainsawhands as an admin too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

DOD Division C Match 1 -- Dedryk - The Fumble Bees (High Elf) vs. Elusiv3Pastry - Sev'ered Tongues (Orc).

The Elves spent most of their time lying flat on their backs admiring the nice weather during the first half:

Despite their horizontal status, they managed to get through the game suffering only one injury after Azhag Eet'Elbow could no longer stomach any more poetry recitations, and broke someone's jaw. Orcs played a standard bashy game, rolling a cage slowly up the field to score twice, though inflicting a disappointing number of casualties. Elves managed to avoid a blowout by making a brilliant long pass over the head of an oblivious Blitzer, and the receiver managed to make three dodges and two GFIs with a reroll for the TD.

Final score: Dedryk 1, Elusiv3Pastry 2.

Cheers to Dedryk for a fun game!
    Last edited by Elusiv3Pastry; 16-10-2015 at 02:58 AM.

Network Hub
    Nuffle giveth, and Nuffle taketh away. Cheers for the game. Not sure how I got away with my touchdown.

Shall we say that this one escalated a bit?

(Shards/Chaos) Blood and Gold 1 - 0 Dodgy Deluxe (Grinn/Delves)

http://imgur.com/mh0BL52

Fairly stale first half of failed grind for chaos highlighted by a dead Delf Lino, a BH Beastman and some comedy passing attempts by Grinn's moody mooks after breaking the cage.

Second half, looking like a 2nd turn Delf passing TD, but picked off by a Beastman! Then a big ol' scrummash in the Chaos half lead to ANOTHER dead Delf lino and a BH Chaos Warrior. The plucky intercepting beastman was picked off, but the ball bounced into the pocket of a Chaos Warrior. It was then a case of Delfs getting zero dice (having burned their RR's early in the half) and a breakaway Chaos sub-team scoring on turn 16 for the win.

Good game Grinn, thanks!
    Last edited by Shards; 16-10-2015 at 12:04 AM.

And I think that's MD1.

Well played everybody. That brings us to more or less where we'd be if we had all started on the 7th so I will roll the day later today and you all have until Tuesday 27th October to get the next round in.

More deaths please!

Still a game to play in Div A? Jockie vs Aerothorn?