Results 1 to 7 of 7
20-10-2011, 07:50 AM #1
Steam Offline Mode: Tech Support Edition
Good day to all.
I am hereby announcing that I will be testing steam in offline mode, trying to get it to work with going online a single time to install things. and then subsequently going offline again, and launching it, at least ten times on different occasions. (I will leave autostart off, so I can control when steam really launches, if its during internet times or not)
To make it more complete, I will after having only gone online once:
- launch steam without internet whatsoever, or any other kind of connection
- launch steam after having had an internet connection, but having disabled the network adaptor (or probably in my case, pulled out the cellphone that is powering the internet)
- launch steam in offline mode while being online
- launch every game installed and let it run for ten minutes or so, in offline mode (the games in question are: Sanctum, Terraria & Europa Universalis III Complete)
- repeat these steps atleast twice, to ensure that it wasnt just random working or failing.
Will post the findings to this thread, as well as to my tech blog, which is in dire need of updating.
I urge anyone to help me do exactly the same, even if youve done so before. Get the latest steam version, and do any of these steps, and please post your findings. I might even email the steam support staff with em, everyone credited of course.
PS: since I am going to berlin soon, I will mainly test in the first week of november, but I have my mac with me (a second gen macbook pro 17"; you know, when they still had good GPUs) and can perform the mac side of testing there.
PPS: the next step will be using steam in offline mode, and try to play the installed games in a LAN.
PPPS: also, I missed kads vote thread.
Last edited by QuantaCat; 20-10-2011 at 01:40 PM.