Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Must say, I adore this league setup thing. It's great for setting up competitions and is basically all I wished for when I was managing the Assetto Corsa hotlap compo here. Some really good thoughts have been put into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bismarck View Post
    Don Bradman Cricket 2014 is a fantastic cricket game on the PC. I have 214 hours and counting in it thus far.
    Aieee, that's new since I last looked, and my laptop won't run it. Damn.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bismarck View Post
    Don Bradman Cricket 2014 is a fantastic cricket game on the PC. I have 214 hours and counting in it thus far.
    Brilliant, brilliant cricket game.

Can someone confirm me, that I get this game to run smoothly on my rig? Got an old AMD 6 Core Cpu, GTX660ti, 8 gb ram, w8.1. Battlefield 4 and Elite Dangerous run perfectly on it. Im just a little unsure because the recommended system for dirt rallye seems quite high. And a game like this needs to run perfect :)

Im very tempted to buy it right now, especially for playing the league with you guys.

My 6870 runs it on medium settings (haven't actually bothered trying it on high, looks good enough as is), and is quite a bit slower then your 660ti. My CPU is faster then yours though, so I wouldn't know it in that direction, although I suspect it will be fine.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 06-05-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by der_Zens0r View Post
    Can someone confirm me, that I get this game to run smoothly on my rig? Got an old AMD 6 Core Cpu, GTX660ti, 8 gb ram, w8.1. Battlefield 4 and Elite Dangerous run perfectly on it. Im just a little unsure because the recommended system for dirt rallye seems quite high. And a game like this needs to run perfect :)

Im very tempted to buy it right now, especially for playing the league with you guys.
    I was concerned by the system requirements as I have a 512mb laptop card (Nvidia GT 650m). The card itself is above the minimum requirements, but it says 1gb VRAM minimum. After asking on the Steam discussion I decided to take the risk and I am pretty happy with my decision. The GeForce Experience software suggested settings were somewhere between low and medium in the game presets, and it runs well at those settings, and looks surprisingly great. The only times it doesn't feel smooth are on some Monte Carlo stages, but very importantly I don't get any input lag with the low frame rate, so it is still playable when that happens, just not as enjoyable.
    I'm running at the pretty low native 1440x900 of my laptop display, which helps things a bit. But I would say given my experience you will be fine with a 660Ti.

My processor is a mobile 2.3Ghz i7 3615QM. The min requirements for AMD say Athlon x2 dual core, so yours would have to be pretty old to be worse I'd imagine (they came out in 2005).

I haven't run Battlefield or Elite on my laptop, but it can run Assetto Corsa at just under 60fps on medium-low settings, so if you can run AC I'm sure you'll be fine.

tl,dr: I was worried about the seemingly high system requirements, but ended up going for it, and I've put 9 hours in over the two days I have owned it, so the experience is pretty positive haha. It looks decent on lower graphical settings. Hopefully that's some help.

Thank you for the answers. Sounds promising. I guess, I cannot resist very much longer :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm playing on medium with a 560ti, and it looks nice enough with constant 60FPS. I suppose things might change when they add rallycross to the game (more cars on the screen), but that's still a long way away, looks like.
    Do you enjoy pretending to drive really fast (and even not so fast) cars? Join us at the RPS Racing Forum!

Do you enjoy killing lots and lots of monsters really fast (and even not so fast)? Join us at the RPS Path of Exile guild!

Just for you info: The game runs fine on my rig. It set high quality by itself btw.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Assuming it's just the EGO engine (and I'm sure it is) it's not usually massively demanding BUT you need to tweak some of the things it offers because (depending on the card you have) some things can be VERY demanding/screw-up framerates.

GeForce Experience insists I can run EGO games maxed-out - and I get 60fps 'most of the time' BUT there are dips which are unacceptable in a racing game AND it generates enough heat to mean I can leave the heating off at home, some I clip it ;)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by der_Zens0r View Post
    Just for you info: The game runs fine on my rig. It set high quality by itself btw.
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Assuming it's just the EGO engine (and I'm sure it is) it's not usually massively demanding BUT you need to tweak some of the things it offers because (depending on the card you have) some things can be VERY demanding/screw-up framerates.

GeForce Experience insists I can run EGO games maxed-out - and I get 60fps 'most of the time' BUT there are dips which are unacceptable in a racing game AND it generates enough heat to mean I can leave the heating off at home, some I clip it ;)
    I'm pretty sure the EGO logo shows when you start it up.

The most recent EGO game I had run before this was F1 2012 which GeForce Experience said I could run maxed out (seemed to work fine), so it seems to have got a bit more demanding in the last few years.

I just went with the GeForce Experience settings in Dirt Rally so I could start playing, but will have a play with the settings at some point. Any tips on what settings to tweak?

To be honest, I was surprised when Codies announced DiRT Rally. Even more when they released it as an early access on the same time. I was skeptical at first, because I was eagerly waiting for DiRT4, so this was kind of a bummer.
    However, few videos on youtube and positive feedback on Steam was enough for me to give it a chance.
    After few hours of playing with a DFGT wheel I must say that it feels great. The last time I had so much fun with rallies was with Colin Mcrae Rally. Now, compared to DiRT Rally, all those rallies in DiRT 3 look ridiculous and poorly made.

I can't wait for the Pikes Peak update.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchbay View Post
    To be honest, I was surprised when Codies announced DiRT Rally. Even more when they released it as an early access on the same time. I was skeptical at first, because I was eagerly waiting for DiRT4, so this was kind of a bummer.
    However, few videos on youtube and positive feedback on Steam was enough for me to give it a chance.
    After few hours of playing with a DFGT wheel I must say that it feels great. The last time I had so much fun with rallies was with Colin Mcrae Rally. Now, compared to DiRT Rally, all those rallies in DiRT 3 look ridiculous and poorly made.

I can't wait for the Pikes Peak update.
    DFGT - check
    Loved CMR - check
    Positive vibe from YT vids - check
    Just started leave - check
    Willpower to delay purchase after just having picked up GTAV - waivering

Network Hub
    How are you guys handling the awful FFB? I heard theres a fix going around, has anyone tried it? is it legit?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd have any opinion on the FFB if anybody would actually deign to tell me what it was. It might as well be the flux capacitor for all I know.

The force feedback is basically on the same level as it was on Dirt 3 at the moment, which means it's the worst of any game I have played thus far. That being said, it's not misleadingly horrible or anything.

Network Hub
    The good news is that someone put together a 10 minute video pointing out what garbage the FFB was, and perhaps why... and Codemasters got that person onto a long Skype call to talk about it with their physics guys, and are going to invite him to the studio to play when they've had another crack at it.

That could all turn out to by Molyneuxian puff, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. I like this game with a 360 pad... if I can ever get my wheel working properly I might like like the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I'd have any opinion on the FFB if anybody would actually deign to tell me what it was. It might as well be the flux capacitor for all I know.
    The long form explenation, since I am feeling like it: In any vehicle, your steering wheel (or bar or whatever) is attached to the front tires. If something happens to the front tires, you will feel this in the wheel: It will jerk into one direction, it will become light or it will become heavy, that sorta thing. As such, a driver gets information on how well his front tires are doing trough the wheel. You will notice this especially when karting.

Force feedback emulates this. It's one of the reasons why having a proper force feedback steering wheel is so damn cool :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
    How are you guys handling the awful FFB? I heard theres a fix going around, has anyone tried it? is it legit?
    The fix from RaceDepartment definitely helps. It's more a bandage than a fix, but it helps.

@Serenegoose: What Grizzly said. Force feedback is much more than simply vibration that you can find in gamepads... if the FFB is good, it becomes an essential tool to let you know when you're losing grip, locking the tyres under braking, etc. It's a pretty great feature, and that's why whenever a new driving game is released the questions usually are "how are the physics? How is the FFB? How is the AI?". Very few games manage "acceptable" in all these questions.

Sadly, FFB wheels (especially the Logitech G27, which is more or less the standard one these days) can be clunky and noisy (not something you'd ever use when there's, say, a baby sleeping next door. I've never done something like that. Nope. Not at all.)
    Do you enjoy pretending to drive really fast (and even not so fast) cars? Join us at the RPS Racing Forum!

Do you enjoy killing lots and lots of monsters really fast (and even not so fast)? Join us at the RPS Path of Exile guild!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    oh ok. I didn't even know it stood for force feedback. The full explanation is appreciated :)