Results 41 to 60 of 115
Thread: 2012 game predictions
29-11-2011, 12:28 AM #41
Game's will get more shallow as we progress,you'll see.
29-11-2011, 12:29 AM #42
My prediction: AAA games will continue to be less interesting to old-school PC gamers and we will continue to look to the smaller studios and indie devs for games that will at least attempt to push boundaries in any area beyond graphics.weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...
29-11-2011, 12:49 AM #43
1) Origin rage continues despite no real cause. Meanwhile, at Valve, Gabe laughs all the way to the bank, while rolling slowly towards it in on a stretcher after suffering an MI. Fanboys hold vigil outside Valve offices.
2) Speaking of Valve, Episode 3 is either cancelled or scaled back, since Valve are terrible at episodic content and decide to either release DLC or bite the bullet and move on to Half Life 3. Either way I think we'll hear something about Ep3. It's been 4 years since Episode 2, and it was a 6 year gap between Half Life 1 and Half Life 2, but 2 years between HL2 and Episode 1. These numbers therefore mean absolutely nothing but it sounds like I've got something to back this one up.
3) Tale of Tales releases another art-"game" where the player walks in a straight line representing a human lifespan. The entire world is black to represent hopelessness. Subsequently it's revealed the game has no point and it was just a dream. RRP of $29.95, released to widespread critical acclaim on RPS.
4) Online piracy war heats up, even more publishers rant and rave about PC piracy and more titles leave the platform. PC gaming still remains strong. PC gamers everywhere claim they don't want those "dumbed-down titles" while condemning the backlash. Lawsuits increase with each passing month. Copyright infringement overtakes murder as the crime with the most severe penalty. Four nations implement the death penalty for copyright infringement (one of which most likely being China).
5) X: Rebirth is awesome and shows what can be done if you stop clinging to your useless UI. Dwarf Fortress receives a major update that includes a working and logical UI. Scores of players leave because it's been "dumbed down" or is "too intuitive and therefore hard to use."
6) SWTOR dies, and deserves it for being WoW with lightsabres.
7) ARMA3 is released, runs at 15 FPS average on high end systems and crashes after 15 minutes of play. Bohemia Interactive Studios is widely praised for having their most stable day-one release yet. Emergency patch fixes issue with memory leak, causes campaign to bug and sound to stop playing on all systems. AI now set to deliberately aim to hit trees while driving.
8) Duke Nukem Forever 2: The Day After Tomorrow is released. Rockets to 100 on Metacritic, PC exclusive release.
9) Mannconomy crashes, flareguns and Hatless Engie become hot commodities, refined metal now worthless. Hundreds of idlers banned in the process.
10) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 released. Consists of 20 minutes of non-interactive gameplay. Multiplayer mode is an additional $59.95 a month and lets you choose your name in-game and play with a knife and a pistol on one map. Extra weapons are $4.95 each, maps are $20. Alternatively, pay $145.90 a month and get everything while you rank up.
29-11-2011, 04:28 AM #44
More shitty games are made. I continue to not buy those shitty games.
29-11-2011, 04:31 AM #45
29-11-2011, 04:39 AM #46
29-11-2011, 04:55 AM #47
I'm only buying games I know I'll enjoy. I'm not buying something just because it's on special or just because it's an indie title.
29-11-2011, 06:05 AM #48
Only pain, misery, and disappointment can lie ahead. The life of the gamer will continue to be one of mental anguish.
29-11-2011, 08:57 AM #49
29-11-2011, 09:08 AM #50
29-11-2011, 11:49 AM #51
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
I predict ....
ME3 will be a big success but will continue the trend of being simpler and more "Awesome" and Bioware will have continued its trend of making poor quality games in 2012.
X Rebirth will be quite good but many people will be angry at the changes and it will not sell that well.
TOR will be a run of the mill, boring MMO, but will sell quite ell due to Biowares overfunded marketing department.
Bethesda will continue to reap the rewards of Skyrim proving that dumbing down is the way to go.
There will (hopefully) be a slew of indie games, taking risks, some of which will be quite good. (one can hope)
AAA games will continue their downward spiral. A new keboard with one button will come out being sold so PC players can comfortably play the new cinematic experiences. Bioware will have designed the new keyboard.
Diablo 3 will see some success but the game itself will be terrible.
2012 isnt really looking very good so far.
29-11-2011, 11:51 AM #52
You guys may not think this to be important, but there are rumors new generation of MS and Sony game consoles will be announced or even launched next year. Epic has publicly spoken for those speculations. I have high hope that those new gaming platforms will bring new gameplay innovations to the industry. Nintendo's new game console is quite a disappointment to me as it is not as ground breaking as Wii. I am so tired of thousands of PC games which are played only on mouse-keyboard and joypad. Of course, no one actually owns the PC gaming platform so naturally no one would invest in any innovation than higher computing power. I wish that new and exciting gameplay systems of new game consoles would force PC game developers to bring those to PC.
And I predict that Kinect PC will be proved a failure within 2012. MS will not work well with other game dev.
Last edited by squirrel; 29-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.
29-11-2011, 12:04 PM #53
29-11-2011, 12:19 PM #54
29-11-2011, 12:26 PM #55
Even though though Blizzard are being so shitty about paid content and always-online single-player in Diablo 3 it will probably well and truly eclipse Torchlight 2, which will be a shame.
29-11-2011, 12:48 PM #56
Bloody hell, reading all the negative comments in here is making me depressed.
I'll enjoy 2012 at least, I think Bioshock Infinite and Dishonored will be very good. There's a bunch of indie games that I'm looking forward to as well, including Monaco, SpyParty and The Witness; I'm sure they'll all be great. Hopefully Natural Selection 2 will get out of beta as well, it's shaping up to be a worthy successor to the original.
29-11-2011, 01:50 PM #57
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Probably will be same shit, different year.
Just ask Wizardry.
29-11-2011, 01:55 PM #58
29-11-2011, 02:08 PM #59
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
All and all, I think 2011 has been a great gaming year. Or at least it had better games than last year.
29-11-2011, 03:28 PM #60
- Join Date
- Jun 2011