Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: [README FIRST] ARMA 2 with RPS
29-12-2011, 05:55 PM #1
[README FIRST] ARMA 2 with RPS
Arma 2 is in the grand style of the original Operation Flashpoint. At the core, it's an infantry simulator with huge draw distances and no loading between areas. However, it's also possible to drive tanks, pilot jets, crash choppers and plan glorious artillery barrages.
The RPS group is NOT a MilSim community, or even particularly strict. You won't be shot for failing to salute, moving slightly out of formation, or having to go change the nappies of your newborn during a firefight. Many of our missions feature revive scripts so that an unlucky wing hit doesn't leave you sitting on your thumbs for several hours.
We do ask that you play politely and maturely and respect the fun of others. In exchange, we'll take some bullets for you.
We play through some organised missions every Tuesday from 19:30 GMT.
Join this steam group for notifications/reminders. The group is used ONLY for notifications, most chat goes on in the main RPS group.
Server Name: RockPaperShotgun - Combined Ops! [ARPS]
Server Password: rumpus
VOIP Client: Mumble
Please use push to talk (PTT) on VOIP!
- Q: Do I need a microphone?
- A: No, but it helps. You should join the Mumble server anyway, so you can listen to people make "danger close" jokes (and tell you when you're about to walk into the enemy's field of fire).
- Q: What version of the game do I need?
- A: Combined Ops (Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead) running the latest patch. If you only have Arrowhead, you can still play some missions with us if you ask nicely.
- Q: Do I need DLC? Mods?
- A: No.
- Q: Do I have to salute? Aim straight? Be able to tie my own shoe laces?
- A: No. We're relaxed about this sort of thing. We play for fun. Dying is the fastest route to glory.
We play with Folk on Sundays at 1930 GMT. There are some differences, though.
You can usually find up to a dozen people on the server during the evening. Try asking in the RPS steam group chat.
Why the new threads?
Because we were running out of space, incomprehenisble to newcomers, and filling up OTHER forums with our junk. Stickies and a subforum should help.