Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Calamity's Avatar

Thumbs up Concluded [EUIV] Multiplayer - Alternate History House Party! Sunday Campaign

Sunday Campaign

Go to Thursday campaign

Hear ye! Hear ye! All ye couch crusaders and armchair commanders. Another RPS Europa Universalis IV Multiplayer campaign has reached its end. Let it be know far and wide that it's time to plan for a new one.

Session details

To start of I'd like to mention that this campaign will be played will all DLC enabled and only the host is required to have these as they are shared to everyone upon starting a multiplayer session. So you only need to own the standard EUIV game to join. If at a certain point in the campaign a new DLC is released we'll look at the stability of moving to the new patch. If it is unstable we'll remain with the older version of the game.

• The new campaign is planned to start on the 13th of September.
    • We play weekly on Sunday, starting at 19:30 BST and finishing around 22:00 BST.
    • We expect you to arrive a few minutes prior so you can join the multiplayer lobby.

• If you are late you can always hotjoin in to the session.
    • The save of a session will be online afterwards. This removes the time to load in the save when joining the lobby.
    • If you can't make the session, please let us know in advance with a post in this thread.
    • If more than 25-30% of the players can't make it then the session can be rescheduled or skipped.
    • We will be using the RPS Community Mumble server.

Campaign settings

• No bonusses
    • AI Difficulty on normal
    • No Lucky Nations
    • No Terra incognita in lobby
    • We'll see what people want regarding dynamic province names
    • Hotjoining allowed
    • Players are not allowed to play the same nation simultaniously, you can alternate with a mate though or have a stand-in though.
    • Everyone can save the game, however you'll still need to download the host save to skip loading the save when joining the multiplayer lobby.
    • Saves will be editable so you can play in singleplayer and try stuff out. It's also usefull so the host can change the AI of player nations in their absence if this is their request.
    • The ledger will not be locked
    • We'll be playing on patch 1.13

Campaign Theme

In this campaign we will use the random features inplemented by Paradox to create novel situations. This hopefully will allow players to really create their own nations and shrinks the gap between experienced players and those new to the game. The settings we'll be using specifically are listed below.

• Every player creates its own nation using the nation builder and is allowed to use a pool of 200 points to do so with. Using less is ofcourse allowed.
    • AI nations are randomly generated upon creating the campaign to allow for a novel experience.
    • Province values are random. Don't worry this will not let your building points go to waste. You can see basetax and manpower in advance.
    • Custom nations can later be added to the game in case some people join late or someone is eliminated early.
    • For people not familiar with the nation builder, we're hosting a server on the 3rd of September so you can get acquainted with the feature. Here you can evaluate what nation you'll be going with or see how you are able to spend your 200 points. For a quick start of the campaign on the 13th I recommend attending this session or trying a design before joining the lobby on the 13th.

Players who want to join the campaign can do so by posting their name below. You are allowed to choose the location of your capital province so we can visualize player spacing. When the campaign start you can choose the additional provinces in the nation builder.

We will keep track of the current applicants in the google spreadsheet here

Additional notes

• We play from 1444-1821
    • Screenshots of the session will be posted in the thread afterwards
    • After Action Reports are appreciated.
    • Upon the elimination of a player he is allowed to choose a new nation or create one.
    • Overpowered nations at the time might not be eligible for choice.
    • You are not allowed to use saves to spy on other nations. You are only allowed to load in as your own country.
    • If someone cannot attend a session, nobody is allowed to take any provinces of that nation in a war and should try to go for a white peace/war reparations if attacked by the AI. If a person cannot attend for two consecutive session they are fair game though.
    • Wars started before the player missed their first session are not affected by this.
    • As always, be excellent to eachother.
    • Victory conditions: 100 years (approximately) before the end date we make a note of everyone's points and in the end we calculate the difference between those points and total points at the end. The five people with highest modified scores are decreed awesome as fuck and gets to pick nations/locations first for the next multiplayer game (in order of highest score).

Player List

• Yafeshan : Ergenekon
    • Blackcat : Roman Empire
    • Kalelovil : Santa Fe
    • Chaza666 : Bank of Da World
    • Zorain : Mallorea
    • Pedal2000 : The Spuds
    • Prittstick1 : We Don't Need Boats
    • Ax1008 : Valhalla
    • XSonnyk5 : Free Nations of Bohemia
    • Vidiek : Vidiekland
    • Calamity : The Vandals
    • Ol'E : Swedish Invasion
    • n0m0n : Res Lucia

Province Map Chronicle

Province Map Week 1
    Province Map Week 2
    Province Map Week 3
    Province Map Week 4

Links

Last edited by Calamity; 28-10-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Campaign leader of the RPS Paradox games. HOI IV Multiplayer thread here
    My Steam

Activated Node
    Come on people don't leave me here by myself!

Obscure Node
    How friendly would this be to someone who has never played EU IV in multiplayer, but understands the basic principles behind the game?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by stambo View Post
    How friendly would this be to someone who has never played EU IV in multiplayer, but understands the basic principles behind the game?
    I am in exactly same position and I think it will be only great fun.

Activated Node
    If you understand the game then it will be a fun experience with a mumble server being used player alliances can be made and coalitions will be formed against nations that go absolutely crazy so there's no fear of being destroyed by a player early on, especially as everyone will be on the same footing at the start with custom nations being used.
    Also I may be the only one in the spreadsheet right now there are some players that will be moving from the thursday game to this game when they are on and able to switch over as the spreadsheet only opened yesterday.

Basically all that Zorian said. It'll be fine. In mumble you can always ask question about the game and learn things whilst you're playing.
    My Steam

Obscure Node
    Alright, wrote myself down on the spreadsheet. Now just to figure out this custom nation building thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by stambo View Post
    Alright, wrote myself down on the spreadsheet. Now just to figure out this custom nation building thingy.
    There will be a session on the 3rd where you can fiddle with the feature if you don't have it unlocked.

As a side note I'll be away for the weekend so I can't respond to anything
    My Steam

Activated Node
    Glad to see you join Stambo the custom nation designer isn't that hard to understand, it can be hard to decide how much to spend on ideas and how much to spend on land haha. When people in the other spreadsheet come back on and see the sunday game the people that can't make the thursday game will switch over to this one so that should be good.

Network Hub
    Looking forward to this, never played a competitive multiplayer game before, want to try and play with the loan feature as the AI has no interest when I offer it them, see you all there ;/

Activated Node
    Yeah the developers disabled the ability to offer loans to ai as they never paid it back giving players CB's anywhere they wanted it got abused quite a lot.

Network Hub
    I suppose that would make sense. Been thinking about it and might see if people would be interested in paying me to build heavy ships for them, I could get ideas to reduce cost and then charge less that the 50 ducats they usually are, this way can make even more money

Activated Node
    That could work out fairly well, I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to go for expansion for the free claims on Africa and India or to go for Exploration and try to get all of the islands it seems custom nations usually take a lot of them so it's getting really hard to work out even with my testing.

Network Hub
    With exploration you can always get some colonial empire on the west coast of america somewhere, but then as you said expansion gives you the free claims.

I was wondering, if venezia has a low development, like 3-3-3, would I be able to pick somewhere different as I was going to try and play as OPM, so dont really want to cripple myself even more by having a poor province ;/ And in a random world, does it remove all the trade bonuses to provinces?

Activated Node
    In the beta patch 1.13 which we will be playing on, it still keeps all the trade bonuses for provinces. Also until the multiplayer starts capitals aren't set in stone, but if someone else has put it in the spreadsheet then you can't take it. So if Venizia turns out to be a bad province you can pick another capital in-game as long as another player hasn't already taken it.

Network Hub
    Ahh if it keeps the trade bonuses I will be fine with a poor venezia I think, I can Boost it up later through development if it turns out to be below average

Activated Node
    You can just turn it into the best province in the game over time haha Especially when you will have amazing ideas.

I guess one of your problems with giving out loans is you'll need a good military/allianes to make sure they actually pay up or you might just lose all of your money.
    Last edited by Zorain; 23-08-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Network Hub
    yeh, I am worried about people not paying but I can keep loans smallish at the start to find out who will pay up and then I can pay people to act as enforcers if people start getting naughty with repayments, give the enforcers better rates on loans and ships, and other activities I may engage in . Basically, make as much money as possible, and make venezia the greatest province the world, and do it all through means you cant really do in single player.

Activated Node
    It sounds like it could be really fun you just have to work out the way to make the most money for yourself so you can have an endless supply of mercs haha, ideas have been the part that I've found hardest to work out and decide on.
    Last edited by Zorain; 23-08-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Network Hub
    I think I have my ideas pretty much sorted, I mean,the way I want to play the game means I am going to have to have certain ideas, but I am pretty happy with the ideas I have sorted now, got the 20% heavy ship cost straight away and managed to fit 20% development reduction as well towards the end of the ideas which are the two main ones I wanted. Idea groups I also have a decent idea what I will go for, at least the first 3/4.