Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Activated Node

Does anyone here play Elder Scrolls Online?

Hi folks,

Apologies if I have missed any information on this, but I could not find anything via the forum search function. I've just picked up The Elder Scrolls Online and I'm really loving it. I was wondering if anyone here also plays the game (on the EU server) and if so whether we could join up to do some questing/dungeons/pvp/anything else sometime?

All the best

James

Obscure Node
    Hi James,

I think no one here have played "Elder Scrolls Online" or may be not interested in replying :P

I haven't heard about it before but after watching your thread i searched it and liked it, I kinds like such games though i am not that full time gamer but still.

At the moment i am browsing its online site and trying to figure our how to get to it :P

Please tell me is it free to play online and if yes what are the requirements ? I would love to play this game if its free and can be played online with minimum requirements. Thanks for introducing this game to me :)

Cheers :)

It is amusing that RPS has quite branchy, say, GW2 community, while a game as big as ESO seems to be ignored!? (BTW, far from being the only one - just a striking example). No idea how this happened, and I noticed such trend on couple other places as well.

Speaking of some other sites - Massively OP has it's favorites and MMORPG reddit does too, while, say, MMORPG.com seems bit more balanced (just a bit...).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I think it's just a matter of what people happen to stick to - I know the GW2 guild for example has recruited a lot in game and brought a lot of people into the RPS community, rather than just drawing on existing RPSers.

As for ESO, I own it and have got to lv ~15 a couple of times. I'd like to play it more but there always seems to be something more interesting to do. It's never quite captured my imagination. (That and the inventory management is ridiculous)
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Yeah, what Saph said. RPS' GW2 community (or any of the others we're active in) didn't spring up overnight; they grew over time through the efforts of teams of dedicated players. Scale isn't just what counts either - the games we play together are intrinsically fun and, with significant toil, the communities eventually get to that sweet critical mass where they can perpetuate themselves.

Of course, if you'd like there to be more RPS activity in a game like ESO, then there's one person who can change that: You. :)
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

@Krathor @jha4ceb that might be part of the reason, thanks for explaining!

For what it's worth - I haven't played a single second of ESO, and maybe a week of GW2. I'm just observing that, well, somewhat strange situation.

If I ever start something here (which I actually might do), it will be about either Crowfall, Camelot Unchained or couple other incoming indie MMOs on my waiting list. Thou I'm still not sure what would be the best place (and way) to do it!?

In an attempt to gather some like-minded RPS-types in Elder Scrolls Online, I've created a guild. I'm hoping there might be a few folks around who play. Leave your account name here or message me in-game @cbabd for an invite!

I've never actually played it, but have been considering doing so for some time now. Perhaps this will push me over the edge. I had been thinking I'd use the Morrorwind expansion later this year as a good excuse, but possibly I'll jump into it earlier.

The game's on sale at the moment on GMG, in case anyone's considering whether to take the plunge.

I play this on and off with my partner. Still trying to work out if I like it or not.
    Steam: Dilapinated

will the Gold version be needed for the upcoming Morrowind expansion, or can the (cheaper) Tamriel Unlimited release be used?

I'm currently playing, if someone could shoot me an invite.

My account is @crustycuffs and my character is called godsmote (I have no idea which one is needed for the invite)
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior) Crustycuffs (Tree)
    Elder Scrolls Online: @crustycuffs (Godsmote the techno viking)
    Discord: Crustycuffs Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: crustycuffs Origin: ​Crustycuffs
    Planetside2: Crustycuffs
    Elite: CMDR Crustycuffs
    Part of the Distant Worlds Exploration - 65,000ly (and maybe back)

Retired:
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25

Invite sent!

hey!

Beginning tomorrow and running through April 18, the ZeniMax MMO Elder Scrolls Online will be offering a week of free play, with unrestricted access to the full Tamriel Unlimited base game, plus 500 Crowns that can be spent in the in-game store on pets, costumes, boosters, or whatever your heart desires.

^via
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-is-going-free-for-a-week-starting-tomorrow/

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    hey!

Beginning tomorrow and running through April 18, the ZeniMax MMO Elder Scrolls Online will be offering a week of free play, with unrestricted access to the full Tamriel Unlimited base game, plus 500 Crowns that can be spent in the in-game store on pets, costumes, boosters, or whatever your heart desires.

^via
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-is-going-free-for-a-week-starting-tomorrow/
    That's pretty cool!
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior) Crustycuffs (Tree)
    Elder Scrolls Online: @crustycuffs (Godsmote the techno viking)
    Discord: Crustycuffs Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: crustycuffs Origin: ​Crustycuffs
    Planetside2: Crustycuffs
    Elite: CMDR Crustycuffs
    Part of the Distant Worlds Exploration - 65,000ly (and maybe back)

Retired:
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25

Maybe we could do an event?

Btw, do you do invites based on account or character?
    Steam: Dilapinated

I'll try to remember to download this tonight. I've never played before, but am certainly excited to give it a shot!

I'll ask for an invite once I set up an acct, unless there's a way to search for the RPS group or something in-game?
    Last edited by noiseredux; 11-04-2017 at 03:15 PM.

I don't know if there is a way to search. Invites can be for character or account I think, but they definitely work for account, so let's go for that :)

k, downloaded the game and fired it up and now... it's downloading more stuff.

But do send me an invite: noiseredux

Great - will send an invite later.