Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Rainbows, Paper, Siege

Rainbows, Paper, Siege: A Rainbow Six Siege Group

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege, to give it its full title, is a multiplayer, online "tactical" shooter. Each match plays out in a series of short (3-7 minutes) rounds of 5 vs 5 action, somewhat resembling Counterstrike but with wall breaching, rapelling, leaning and a whole variety of crazy "tacticool" gadgets. There's also a players vs hordes of AI mode.

To play with other RPS types, you can find us on the RPS Community Discord, where a shout out to "@R6Siege" will normally get you a response,
    on this very thread, and through our Steam group. Details of event should be posted in at least some of those places.

Here is the launch trailer, if you want a melodramatic idea of what the game is about:
    Last edited by CMaster; 09-01-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Just signed up for the beta, I didn't realise it was an 'anybody can sign up' type of thing. 'Closed beta' usually means you have to buy the game to get access.

If I get beta access I'll give it a try and see what it's like. Otherwise I'll have to see if I can find it for a decent price. I'm interested in the game, but not 60 euro interested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Liking it a lot. Probably not going to buy it anytime near release, but gonna keep an eye on it.

I also got Raven Shield and R6 Vegas on the bundle, are they still active online?
    Do you enjoy failing to race cars wot go fast? Then join us at the Racing Subforum!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Tired to get into a couple of games on Sat and just sat in the queue........
    Last edited by fersumengin; 28-09-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam and UPLAY: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Played some private terrorist hunt, which was good fun. Can do it without sitting in MM queues which is nice.
    We have a discord server! - https://discord.gg/rockpapershotgun
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community.
    Steam: Bodge, Origin/Uplay: Bodgemonkey

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Actually had no issues with matchmaking. The PVP queues were longer, but the Terrohunt ones were instant.
    Do you enjoy failing to race cars wot go fast? Then join us at the Racing Subforum!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am not good at this game.
    However matchmaking seems to be working this evneing.

Activated Node
    Got beta access via the bundle as well, unfortunately it crashes on startup. Hopefully they'll fix that and other issues within the month they have until release, cause game looks promising. In the meantime I'm going to kill people through walls in Counter Strike instead.

Ok so had a bit of a go at this last night and I really liked it. Controls are very sharp, love the atmosphere and sound effects and also I can shoot bad guys while upside down!

I think I prefer the Terrorist Hunt to the normal multiplayer (then again, I've loved Terrorist Hunt in all iterations of Rainbow 6). Siege has the added quirks of barricades and traps (fucking C4 and barbed wire everywhere) and I can see it being very replayable; definitely think I will pick it up based on the beta.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looks like the beta has been extended to 04/10. I have 4 keys for access to the beta if anyone is interested PM for a key.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam and UPLAY: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been creating a temporary channel on mumble when I'm playing. Getting a little better, although I'm still a bit rash.

I've been thinking about the fact that if your partners don't want to work as a team... all the experience can be a hell.

Got four extra keys for the beta. All yours:

LNU4-9HRM-83W4-L4TX
    JH34-NVED-DQY4-KLGE
    783Y-JVVU-UCEF-BM6L
    U89G-VMPX-WM93-ANPP

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Soo Beta is over, release is apparently Dec 1st.
    Here's hoping they figure out what the hell was wrong with matchmaking before launch.

Also, the 50 pricetag seems insane, especially when there were hints at real money unlocks in game. The beta felt like a 20 game, but not a more-than-major-AAA-title-with-an-SP-campaign-too price.

I enjoyed the beta much more than I expected. The grace of low expectations, perhaps? Assuming that they sort out the matchmaking issues, I think Siege strikes a nice balance between slower, more methodical shooters and twitchy action like CS.

Agreed that the value proposition is a little thin. However, with their current coupon, it's $40 US at greenmangaming, and that seems about right for me...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardParker View Post
    and that seems about right for me...
    Same as. I really enjoyed the beta, and I can easily see myself putting 30 hours or more into the full game so I think I'll definitely pick it up.

I played mainly the Terrorist Hunt mode, which is super fun, but despite it having three difficulty levels, I think they need to make it a bit harder. Even with a semi-organised group of people we were able to blitz through the hardest difficulty with minimal casualties.

The main multiplayer mode is fun, but the shields seem a bit OP. Also, I get the feeling that you need a dedicated team (much like CS:GO) to get the most out of it. Very tense though, I like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Confirmed that it's 50 (or a much cheaper $60) plus microtransactions by Ubi.
    http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/...m:148-76770-32

Also plans for updates. Intent to not split community by always making maps available to all.

Always so keen to kill their own games by gating access at a high price until the game begins to die for a lack of regular players, then opening it to sudden ridiculously cheap sales in desperation later, burning the game out for one last party as the veterans tear apart the newbies, confirming their own cynicism at the game's apparent simplicity, while the newbies feel alienated by the apparently 'unfair' game mechanics.

Everyone leaves.

Another game bites the dust.

Will they ever learn that multiplayer games/modes need to be marketed differently and require effort to sustain...

Obscure Node
    Got the game through free through buying new gfx and claiming it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus