Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dreadnought [BETA]

Anybody else going to be playing this?

Basically big ships in space going shooty mcshoot shoot. Sounds good right? Not enough for you? Fine, have some links! Like this one to the official site. Or this one to the most recent RPS article.
    RPS Mumble Server [mumble.rockpapershotgun.com:64738]
    ServerAdmin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I signed up for the beta, not sure what the odds are of getting in. Looks interesting, thats for sure.
    Steam: Dominicus
    Uplay: ​DominicusSarth

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    For anyone who's been able to play this, what's it like compared to Fractured Space? They look fairly similar (big spaceships with activatable abilities and kind-of 3D movement), but I was bored stiff by FS within 5 minutes of the start of my first match, so I'm hoping Dreadnought will be a bit better, since there aren't any other capital ship combat games out there. Also, I seem to remember hearing somewhere that it will be getting some kind of PvE mode, anyone know anything about that?

I haven't played FS for at least a year, but Dreadnought feels weightier. The ships really do feel like you're hauling tonnes of weight around. Mechanically fairly similar but I really need to play FS again to see the difference.m

Dom, drop me your email; I have a code for you.
    ServerAdmin

Send you a pm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Picked up the cheapo founders pack so have 2 keys for closed beta if some are wanting to try it out a well.
    Last edited by fersumengin; 28-04-2016 at 06:50 PM.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam and UPLAY: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

*raises hand* Hopefully it will go better than the last time I asked for a beta key.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICTHEFAIL View Post
    *raises hand* Hopefully it will go better than the last time I asked for a beta key.
    PM me your email

After some tests, it seems to run fine. Looks and feels good, but it lacks communication options (or I just have not found it yet).

If people are up for some rounds then give me a poke on steam (although I can't promise I have time)

This does look like it might be fun.
    Steam ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Origin ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Battle.net ID : Sp4rkR4t#1773
    uPlay: Sp4rkR4t

Downloaded just in time for the servers to apparently go down. Ah well, at least the tutorial makes it look very promising. Everything feels a lot weightier and more impactful than Fractured Space, I really like the energy management system and what I've seen of the ships thus far. It also does look quite nice, even if THE ASTEROID BELT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THAT.

Goodness me, this game's fun. Sure, my PC can barely run it and I'm getting some ridiculous stuttering, but it's still brilliant. Now that the store is working properly, I've bought a dreadnought and a destroyer and, I have to say, I'm having a hard time deciding which I prefer. Sure, the DN is amazing for long-range firepower, and there's nothing that can beat the sheer satisfaction of making a warp-jump to point-blank range and unloading a plasma broadside into some poor sod's face. Except, perhaps, for doing the same with a jump drive-equipped DD and a tonne of short-ranged missiles and torpedoes. And, as a bonus, the DD can jump around as much as it likes, sniping isolated targets with cooldown and flak alpha strikes, trolling arty by jumping around and rolling up their flank and generally being a right bastard constantly hanging around the edge of the battle and making bigger ships miserable while staying out of trouble by never sticking around long enough for its shields to run out before it can jump back to safety (or another target). And I haven't even tried flying an artillery cruiser or a corvette, though I doubt I'll enjoy either.

Nice to hear the game's good as it sparked my interest as well. After my schedule gets a bit more open I might look to pick this up
    Campaign leader of the RPS Paradox games. Stellaris Multiplayer thread here & HOI IV Multiplayer thread here
    There's a Black Desert Online guild on Croxus.

My current issue is aiming the fixed broadsides - there's no indicator of where it's going to hit, what the range is etc etc. Frequently I end up annihilating some bugs and fresh air.
    ServerAdmin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Nice to hear the game's good as it sparked my interest as well. After my schedule gets a bit more open I might look to pick this up
    I still have a key if your for the closed beta if your looking to try it out. Same goes for anyone else as well. PM me your email if enterested
    Last edited by fersumengin; 01-05-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Watching some of the media on this makes it look rather interesting, whether or not they get the progression or balance right we can hope.
    Last edited by Bodge; 01-05-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community.
    BF4 Platoon admin
    Steam: Bodge
    Battlelog/Skype: Bodgemonkey

I'm having a lot of fun playing the tactical cruiser. Although sometimes this turns matches into a slugfest if both sides end up with 2 or more tactical cruisers.

Overall it plays and feels right, hopefully we can give it a try at some point with 5 people on mumble.

I'm tied up this bank holiday weekend with the new boat, but next weekend I should be around or some bits during the week?
    ServerAdmin

Quote Originally Posted by Cei View Post
    My current issue is aiming the fixed broadsides - there's no indicator of where it's going to hit, what the range is etc etc. Frequently I end up annihilating some bugs and fresh air.
    Broadsides have a max range of 2 km (you can tell if you're in range because the ability icon turns green) and do have a pretty good arc of fire as long as you're vaguely side-on to the enemy and they're not too far above or below you.

Oh interesting, hadn't noticed the green light.
    ServerAdmin