Hands up, who is getting this Humble Monthly?

This month the marquee title is a knees broken, fingernails pulled out version of Codblops 3: Multiplayer, but no Custom Servers and no zombie mode. If anyone is here getting this month, would they care to justify it?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; Yesterday at 11:07 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

If the zombie stuff with situational combat is included maybe but Idk if it's good to begin with. meh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nope. Last month's was not convincing and I have no interest in any flavour of codblops.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    If the zombie stuff with situational combat is included maybe but Idk if it's good to begin with. meh
    The zombie stuff is explicitly not included, I'd have bitten if it was.

then it's a nope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Never bought one, this certainly isn't going to be the first.

I only got the Rocket League one, which I only needed the smallest nudge to buy (it's ace BTW).

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I'm not doing this one... this will be the second that I've missed. The preorder bonus doesn't look great to me and I have enough games... so we'll see what I miss this time around, I suppose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In a previous thread I commented that only 1 or 2 games had appeared in a Monthly - and SamuelErkison send me a code for one them which was awesome so I'd like to say thanks again for that

and that does mean I'm even less likely to bite on 'blind' bundles really - partly because I own too-many-games and partly because I think they're actually running-low on games to include???

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Never bought one and this one was definitely the most "Haha are you fucking kidding me?!" I've seen so far. It's like, cut the only reasons I might even vaguely be interested in the game why don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    and that does mean I'm even less likely to bite on 'blind' bundles really - partly because I own too-many-games and partly because I think they're actually running-low on games to include???

That's certainly why I don't buy them - they've had maybe one bundle where I didn't own about half the games (still kind of a good deal but meh), and as time goes on it seems like they're only going to either have to go sub-obscure or more into games I already have - or games they've done before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'm getting it because it's not expensive and the two I've had so far have had pretty great supporting games. Anything I don't want is pretty easy to get rid of and makes me appear nice, when I am in fact hooked on a compulsion to keep my Humble account clear of unclaimed keys.

I almost certainly won't play Call of Duty - nothing against it, I just don't ever enjoy PvP shooters any more - but I'm keen to see what else they've got.
    :emofdr:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Gus_Smedstad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The zombie stuff is explicitly not included, I'd have bitten if it was.
    "Bite the zombie codblops" has a certain ring to it.

For the record, I did sign up for the Mad Max bundle, and then dropped it the next month. I know some months the unknown games have been pretty good, but some months they've been nothing I wanted. So I'll continue to treat the unknown titles each month as a probable (if not certain) value of zero, and purchase solely on whether I think the announced title is worth the $12.

I'm getting it. Not for COD Blops bullshit. So far the teaser products have been dull, IMO. I have yet to be disappointed by the other games that pop up in the bundle though. It's $12/month which basically equates to the change I have in my car's cup holder at the end of the week, so that's justification enough.
    Steam: Viral Frog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus icupnimpn2's Avatar
    The Steam and GOG sales have been "meh." I haven't the slightest intention of playing CoD multi-player.

But, will buy.

Have been satisfied over all with HMB although most of the "play now" games have not appealed.

Buying HMB simplifies my game hoarding.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I'm getting it[...]I almost certainly won't play Call of Duty
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    I haven't the slightest intention of playing CoD multi-player.

But, will buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viral Frog View Post
    I'm getting it. Not for COD Blops bullshit.
    Can I direct a question to you 3, and anyone else who is getting it, if Humble announced nothing for the "pre announced game" would you still sub? Because that seems to be what you are suggesting.

It does appear to me that the reply is sitting there under your nose:

Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Have been satisfied over all with HMB although most of the "play now" games have not appealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viral Frog View Post
    I have yet to be disappointed by the other games that pop up in the bundle though.
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    the two I've had so far have had pretty great supporting games.
    I cannot really argue with that, Monthlies have regularly served up excellent line-ups.

Whether they are worth $12 to any singular person is a completely different and unrelated matter, as value is such a subjective and personal metric.
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Whether they are worth $12 to any singular person is a completely different and unrelated matter, as value is such a subjective and personal metric.
    And how much you are likely to get dupes, yeah. I'm so often on the cusp of subbing, I'm tempted to just buy a full year as a birthday present to myself so I can stop thinking about it, I've already had more fun out of the games I got from my month I got than I got from everything else I got in the last 12 months, mainly off the back of Rocket League than any other.

Scrap that, Hand of Fate was a humble bundle.

Yes, if you're neither in the "no brainer" camp, nor in the "no way" one, I understand how it can be a little frustrating.

While I am personally more aligned with the risk-averse who would only buy the Monthly if the instant unlock is worth $12 to them, my personal rationalization is "I could simply buy a $12 game off my wishlist each month instead!" - though I can see how that might not work as well for a different person.
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm tempted to just buy a full year as a birthday present to myself so I can stop thinking about it
    It could be the worst present you would get since grandma gave you that embarrassing sweater for Christmas when you were a kid, full of dupes and games you need to contact with Steam support to delete them from your account. That mean you will be basically paying to have interaction with Steam support.