Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus TheDreamlord's Avatar

The Dark Souls 3 support group thread

Knights and Dames, the hour is nearly upon us, probably for the last time in eternity. DS3 is about a week from being released on Steam and my panties are already dripping wet. So let us start the discussion, lets keep it fairly spoiler free (please white-out spoilers) and maybe just keep spoilers to specific questions people ask (again whited-out please) and just have some dark fun.

My first question (spoilers allowed): where did you preorder from or where are you buying it from? 40 is a tad much, but with a 20% discount I am good.

Praise the sun!

I heard through the grapevine that through Green Man Gaming you can get 20% discount using SPRING20 as discount code. But I was a sucker and just forked out the 50-something EUR on Steam instead... Anyway, I have cleared out a lot of my backlog and deliberately not started any new singleplayer games over the last 3 weeks so I can focus 110% on DS3 when it releases!
    "Time is a companion, travelling with us on the journey of life, to remind us to cherish each moment as it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I need financial support for new rig to run it. :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus zanchito's Avatar
    I preordered from some UK site that had it crazy cheap (like 30% discount) and is apparently very legit. Also ordered a Steam controller, should arrive this week, just in time to set it up using DS2.
    Steam: Zanchito || Guild Wars 2: Gatonegro || The Secret World: Mescalitoh || Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zanchito

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Praise the sun!
    There won't be any of that where you're going! :p

Quote Originally Posted by Frengler View Post
    I heard through the grapevine that through Green Man Gaming you can get 20% discount using SPRING20 as discount code. But I was a sucker and just forked out the 50-something EUR on Steam instead... Anyway, I have cleared out a lot of my backlog and deliberately not started any new singleplayer games over the last 3 weeks so I can focus 110% on DS3 when it releases!
    Unfortunately the coupons do not apply on DS3 :(

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    I preordered from some UK site that had it crazy cheap (like 30% discount) and is apparently very legit. Also ordered a Steam controller, should arrive this week, just in time to set it up using DS2.
    Do you remember which site it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    There won't be any of that where you're going! :p
    Ah, the place where the sun never shines!

Dreamlord, can't remember right now, but I found it using IsthereAnyDeal.com , a very good web site!
    Steam: Zanchito || Guild Wars 2: Gatonegro || The Secret World: Mescalitoh || Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zanchito

Yeah, I use ITAD all the time, but there is no 30% off deal atm.

Amazon offers a 20% discount on all prerelease games for Prime subscribers (at least in the US), but I believe this only applies to console versions.

Got it, it was Instant gaming:
    Dark Souls 3 + Dark Souls 3: Season Pass €57,48 EUR

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll be breaking my no pre-order policy and picking it up from Shopto.net for the PS4. Just under 40, which is OK for a console version.

Little disappointing to see Adam's positive, but deflated Wot I Think. It makes it sound like DS2 again, which I enjoyed enough, but was hoping it could be more in the same league as Bloodborne, which I loved like DS1 (probably more so.)

Either way, the Souls games are a unique experience. They are worth playing, even if they are not improving on what has gone before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Folded and preordered from Instant Gaming too. 47-odd for the game plus season pass, can't say I like season passes but Dark Souls series DLC to date has without exception been brilliant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I'll be breaking my no pre-order policy and picking it up from Shopto.net for the PS4. Just under 40, which is OK for a console version.

Little disappointing to see Adam's positive, but deflated Wot I Think. It makes it sound like DS2 again, which I enjoyed enough, but was hoping it could be more in the same league as Bloodborne, which I loved like DS1 (probably more so.)

Either way, the Souls games are a unique experience. They are worth playing, even if they are not improving on what has gone before.
    After watching some gameplays it doesn't look like DS2 at all. Everything I've seen seems to be much better than DS2.

Music is great.

The impression I keep getting is also that it's more Dark Souls 1 with Bloodborne influences and that they learned from the mistakes DS2 made. What I constantly see as well is that it's very familiar, treading the same waters in many ways. Depending on the reviewer that is held up as a positive or a negative. Also pretty much all reviews I have seen have been by people who have played DS1 and 2 a lot. Be curious to see how a Souls-virgin would view the game.
    "Time is a companion, travelling with us on the journey of life, to remind us to cherish each moment as it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Grabbed from Instant Gaming, cheers for the link.

I'm still avoiding anything with spoilers but Adam's WiT has me pretty certain that I'm gonna lose 100+ hours to another glorious Souls game.
    I have written gaming stuff here, here and even here

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Do you think it's necessary to play DS2 in order to get into this? Albeit I bought DS2 I never got around to playing it (too many games not enough time) , or is it unrelated?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil
    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men
    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi
    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....
    The Conclave beckons ... PM for details

I haven't played DS2 and I'm planning on playing this first. If I know anything about Dark Souls it's that having a background in its lore and continuity is in no way required to play and enjoy the game.

Absolutely no need to play DS2 before this. Reports say it's more related to DS1, lore-wise, but the story should hold on its own.

You can also look for VaatiVidya on Youtube, or EpicnameBro , both have really good lore videos for the souls series that will fill any gaps you might have (and again, there's no need to fill those gaps).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    OK. I did upgrade DS2 to SoTFS, but I'm not seeing a window to play that anytime soon in my schedule (still trying to wrap up my XCOM2 commander playthrough). But if the word is good I might jump straight to DS3
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil
    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men
    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi
    Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....
    The Conclave beckons ... PM for details

Kadayi, no need to have played 2, but you really should, as it is excellent.

So, I pre-ordered from GamesPlanet for 32 and am eagerly counting the days. It will be a week of little sleep, the next one...