Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

GOG.com Sales General

ICYMI, the GOG.com summer sale just started. You can also get System Shock 2 for free with GOG Galaxy.

https://www.gog.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do not dawdle. I lust for my revenge.
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.

Lesser Hivemind Node gordianblot's Avatar
    Bought Anachronox and Gemini Rue. I am weak. Came in under 4USD total though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gordianblot View Post
    Bought Anachronox and Gemini Rue. I am weak. Came in under 4USD total though.
    Play Rue soon, don't play Anachronox , Its legitimately bad. I don't care if you own it already, it's horrible
    I am once again writing a blog, vaguely about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

XCM2 LNG WAR CP Campaign Long War novices Welcome, now with 100% more laser guns!

In case of forum degradation pull cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Play Rue soon, don't play Anachronox , Its legitimately bad. I don't care if you own it already, it's horrible
    But the main character is named Sylvester Sly Boots. How could it possibly be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by gordianblot View Post
    But the main character is named Sylvester Sly Boots. How could it possibly be bad?
    Cancer is a pleasantly formed word, it looks like a cross between 'Chance' and 'Dancer'.

XCM2 LNG WAR CP Campaign Long War novices Welcome, now with 100% more laser guns!

Cancer is a pleasantly formed word, it looks like a cross between 'Chance' and 'Dancer'.
    And it's my favorite sign in the Zodiak!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I posted this in the bargains thread, but I will post it again here.

Firstly some recommendations

80 Days 50% off at €4.39 - https://www.gog.com/game/80_days
    Its a wonderful vehicle for stories. You are valet to Phileas Fogg and you chart the course to go around the world in 80 days, meeting interesting people along the way. It is a mobile port, and its text only for the stories and a interactive map. If you want action don't look here.

RENOWNED EXPLORERS: INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY 50% off at €10.09 with €1.30 off any future purchase - https://www.gog.com/game/renowned_explorers
    Pick a group of explorers and travel across the world to find treasure and earn renown. Combat is done on a hex grid, and each character has abilities and weakness, its quite deep and engaging in a fun art style. It really nails the one more run feeling. Make sure to use the right character for the right enemy, no point getting Jan Piet to seduce a goat!

Sunless Sea 50% off at €8.39 - https://www.gog.com/game/sunless_sea
    Take charge of your own steamship on the underzee around Fallen London, try not to succumb to madness! Another great story game. Lots of places to visit and interesting characters if you can survive the most dreaded of foes, slow gameplay. It will take a lot of sailing around slowly before you get into the stories. I really like it and keep telling myself to fire it back up, but I don't. It is something that if you have a couple of evenings to spare you could dive in.

Now questions, has anyone here played Stories: The Path of Destinies, The Deadly Tower of Monsters or Technobabylon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    80 Days 50% off at €4.39 - https://www.gog.com/game/80_days
    Its a wonderful vehicle for stories. You are valet to Phileas Fogg and you chart the course to go around the world in 80 days, meeting interesting people along the way. It is a mobile port, and its text only for the stories and a interactive map. If you want action don't look here.
    Worth mentioning 80 Days is currently in the BTA tier of the Humble Narrative Bundle, which is selling for $4.5 as I write. For those interested, 4 games out of 7 come with DRM-Free downloads, except 80 Days itself and Sorcery Part 1 & 2.
    The Onward March of Bundles - Bundles, bundles, bundles! click on this nao! Humble Monthly September 2017 Edition instantly unlocks Killing Floor 2, and other marvelous games later, you can betcha! Like what I'm doing? new subscriber? just want me shut up? use this link, please!, some vBucks are thrown at me, no cost or inconvenience is thrown at you! Thankees! Steam - HowLongToBeat - weirdfish#2792 (HotS)

Whatever we do to the Web, we do to ourselves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Don't listen to Helio.

Play it but I doubt you will beat it. It is really interesting and fun game. It does have own flaws.

and what I said in steam sale thread applies here as well.

Homeworld is sooooo tempting. And while I am not that great at rts i am also not terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Worth mentioning 80 Days is currently in the BTA tier of the Humble Narrative Bundle, which is selling for $4.5 as I write. For those interested, 4 games out of 7 come with DRM-Free downloads, except 80 Days itself and Sorcery Part 1 & 2.
    Completely forgot that that bundle was still running. Get 80 Days from Humble Bundle because you also get the equally good Sorcery 1 + 2, Her Story and Read Only Memories for that price and Broken Age and Cibele which could be your thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Don't listen to Helio.

Play it but I doubt you will beat it. It is really interesting and fun game. It does have own flaws.
    Such as being a sub circa 1993 JRPG, make sure you level up and equip the right characters, because at the end some characters are snatched off you and others made mandatory. Good luck with beating the game without a few hour long farming sessions money for potions and equipment.
    Here's a better idea, watch the lovely cutscenes in YouTube and walk away.

Such as being a sub circa 1993 JRPG, make sure you level up and equip the right characters, because at the end some characters are snatched off you and others made mandatory. Good luck with beating the game without a few hour long farming sessions money for potions and equipment.
    Here's a better idea, watch the lovely cutscenes in YouTube and walk away.
    For all its flaws I never found the need to farm anything in Anachronox. Combat might be sluggish but worldbulding certainly makes up for it.

I've been trying to figure out whether Spelunky is going to be free for all. The free tasks add up this way:

Task Score
    Checking in every day 1400 XP
    5 Check-ins in a row 100 XP
    Galaxy Client 500 XP
    GOG Account 1000 XP
    Visit settings page 500 XP
    Wishlist adds 500 XP
    Social networks 500 XP

GT: 4000 XP or 4500 if you share on Facebook and Twitter.

Then there's the Twitch.tv events. The first one for Stardew Valley gets everyone 300 XP if it succeeds, 100 XP otherwise.
    The Onward March of Bundles - Bundles, bundles, bundles! click on this nao! Humble Monthly September 2017 Edition instantly unlocks Killing Floor 2, and other marvelous games later, you can betcha! Like what I'm doing? new subscriber? just want me shut up? use this link, please!, some vBucks are thrown at me, no cost or inconvenience is thrown at you! Thankees! Steam - HowLongToBeat - weirdfish#2792 (HotS)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DevinSmoth's Avatar
    Stardew Valley already succeeded, just throwing that in there.

My personal GT hasn't been updated yet.

Since every event is going to be 300 XP if successful, it's all a matter of how many there are and how easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    For all its flaws I never found the need to farm anything in Anachronox. Combat might be sluggish but worldbulding certainly makes up for it.
    I might have been too studious getting "high end gear". But the combat was rubbish.

I wasn't really a fan of GOG. Still am not. I just decided to post the summer sale offering here just in case someone missed it. So, thanks for the list of recommendations. I might buy one of them soon. x)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    All the old D&D gold box games are bundled in a nice package. How playable are those these days, for someone familiar with the system? There's a certain itch for some old school RPG, but I worry about bouncing off a $22 purchase.

I might have been too studious getting "high end gear". But the combat was rubbish.
    It is, but in what other game can you find a companion like Democratus?