Results 23,341 to 23,360 of 33599
04-09-2014, 08:16 AM #23341
Apex of Sacrifice was just me messing around: I didn't realise what the map fragments did, but once I'd slapped them in the machine I did consciously think "Ah, whatever, YOLO!!1!1!1!1!!11". No-one to blame but myself.
And one hour of play down the drain - you misunderstand. I'm on Merciless, I meant 10% of my XP bar (or whatever it amounts to), not my progress through the map. ;) Portals are no help.
04-09-2014, 03:39 PM #23342
Ah, apologies. I assumed you were new to the game, my mistake.
04-09-2014, 04:59 PM #23343
04-09-2014, 05:16 PM #23344
04-09-2014, 05:24 PM #23345
04-09-2014, 05:44 PM #23346
Been playing FEAR 3 on the hardest difficulty because otherwise it feels unsporting. See in FEAR 3 your real opponent is your coop partner. The soldiers, robots and assorted monstrosities are actually just targets in a well decorated duck shoot. Playing it single player feels unsporting.
04-09-2014, 05:48 PM #23347
04-09-2014, 06:25 PM #23348
Free-Ar is my preferred pronunciation.
04-09-2014, 06:53 PM #23349
Final Fantasy XIV. Lots and lots of Final Fantasy XIV. It really got it's hooks into me this time.
Does anyone know if there's an RPS guild for the game in any server?
04-09-2014, 08:57 PM #23350
04-09-2014, 09:12 PM #23351
04-09-2014, 09:37 PM #23352
Point man rounds a corner with a shotgun and assault rifle, he's in close quarters and equips the shotgun. You round a corner to find a shotgun soldier exposed with no cover facing you at a moderate range you have 3 options.
- Stand and fire, take moderate damage and regenerate shortly, you'll need an exit plan if you get rushed from multiple angles after going loud, but it reserves your slowmo for counter attacks.
- Drop back and coversnipe, you will very quickly regenerate any splash you take and eliminate the opponent without exposing yourself and you'll reserve slowmo, risk of flanking is considerable.
- You tap slowmo and execute the opponent, this is the most dynamic option and allows you to easily reposition and equally loses you no health.
Or to be brief,
Paxton Fettel is in the same scenario, as a matter of reflex you hold right click and draw the exposed and alone opponent into the air rendering him harmless, what next?
- Do you close towards him and perform a one hit kill melee attack while the opponent is raised, this allows you to aggressively reposition and doesn't drain your "possession bar" which like slowmo is an excellent get out of jail card, incidentally, your opponent cannot hurt you.
- Do you slip backwards and get into a drawn out projectile fight, this will leave you eventually injured but hard to flank and with a fully charged bar.
- Do you possess the opponent, you gain the equipment set and meat shell of the soldier and are now equipped with a shotgun in a close quarters area and a free grenade. Either way the opponent is no more you are indeed armoured by the soldiers health *and* unharmed.
Or to be brief,
Consequently each fight is far more interesting depressingly, playing as Paxton requires either coop with a poor friend playing pointy man or to be replaying the campaign, somebody has to pay the price for your fun.
Paxton doesn't really require aiming on heads, you are sprightly and running about fleeing and ambushing instead of sitting behind cover waiting for slowmo to regenerate or someone stupid enough to flank you while you use a shotgun. Pointyman see's opposing snipers as someone to avoid, Paxton see's an opportunity, so he's a cannibal socio-path, at least he believes in giving his opponents a chance to be on his side?
Last edited by Heliocentric; 04-09-2014 at 09:40 PM.
04-09-2014, 10:19 PM #23353
- Join Date
- Sep 2014
- Gainesville, FL
05-09-2014, 04:03 AM #23354
05-09-2014, 04:26 AM #23355
Oh well. It was very aesthetically pleasing and very relaxing.I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom
You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0
05-09-2014, 08:39 AM #23356
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM #23357
Okay, my witch is doing better at Path of Exile (on Merciless) than I thought: Piety went down in less than a minute with me continually dropping minions on her - and I mean continually, I was holding down the key. Couldn't stop her getting to her powered-up forms but she was far too busy fending off my little army to get to me (dropped a Vaal Summon Skeletons on her, too, I swear you'd have to pay me to give that gem up). The one annoying thing was I had two of her cultists raised as spectres and it's nice the way they fling debuffs everywhere, but they kept raising zombies for me, too, and I swear their zombies didn't fit with my build - they should have been regenerating their health but they weren't. :( Oh, well. Plenty more where they came from, etc.
05-09-2014, 11:24 AM #23358
Your first bullet is magically accurate and unless you tap pretty fast every bullet is the first on a pistol.
05-09-2014, 11:49 AM #23359
If that's the case I'm pretty sure you can dig your way through with your nade+pistol combo and hurt every other explosive thing (or slow things down etc), that's like half of fear experience:p
It's a lot of skeet shooting fps stuff. Fear 2 has huge mines too.
05-09-2014, 12:54 PM #23360
Somehow I haven't played A Dark Room until now. The atmosphere of this text-based adventure is impressive.