Virtual Vision ≠ VR

The name (VR) Virtual Reality is a bit misleading for a headset, don't you think?

I guess there is sound and head interaction too, but it is in no way not close to reality yet.
    You can't touch things. You can not feel weight, heat, rain, smell, taste.

The name Virtual Vision (VV) is more fitting. It's a segment of VR. Just like Virtual (Surround) Sound.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Meh, it's just a name.
    Like smartphones - they aren't smart, they are just as stupid pieces of junk as older mobile phones.

Quote Originally Posted by bad guy View Post
    The name (VR) Virtual Reality is a bit misleading for a headset, don't you think?

I guess there is sound and head interaction too, but it is in no way not close to reality yet.
    You can't touch things. You can not feel weight, heat, rain, smell, taste.

The name Virtual Vision (VV) is more fitting. It's a segment of VR. Just like Virtual (Surround) Sound.
    It's a matter of interpretation. Yes, you can't feel the weight, heat etc. But you can feel your motions in virtual reality mode and you can act in it.

Digital things cannot be "real" in the strictest sense. Yet when your sight and hearing are surrounded on all sides by digital content, that's your reality at that moment. Some people get motion sickness because your inner-ear balance and brain function get tied exclusively to that digital reality. The term is sensible.
    ~

Yeah especially sight is a massive chunk of VR, so I guess you can call it VR.

But some day when the chips are interacting directly with our brains, everything (like smell) will be possible, and true VR will be born.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

But some day when the chips are interacting directly with our brains, everything (like smell) will be possible, and true VR will be born.
    I'm scared.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3183

Live another life, in another world? I'm sure by that time marketing will be able to come up with a new buzzword for it. Or maybe 3D goggles will bomb and will be long forgotten and they'll just go back to VR.
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"