Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

About HP's Latest Online Video Commerical "The Wolf"

You mates have watched the recent HP commercials starred by Christian Slater?

I am quite fond of his works actually.

But talk back about the commercials themselves. Not sure how many HP has made, I watched two. It's very amazing how computer printers can be hacked. Not only printers can be hacked so one can intercept print-out which from time to time contains classified information. Of course, in office, you don't just watch out for hackers. Some dishonest coworkers would wait for print-out at printing room. Not kidding, I myself publicly shouted at a lady of dubious moral fiber two years ago and till now no one dares to do the same thing again in the office I'm in.

In those commercials, however, malwares can utilize unprotected printers as midpoint to infect the whole network, so no matter how routers, desktops and servers are well-protected in an office, and usually they are, printers can be very vulnerable because many do not realize the printers can be utilized for such sins. Honestly, I could not imagine such thingy myself.

So is it really that possible?
    Last edited by alms; 01-07-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    You mates have watched the recent HP commercials starred by Christian Slater?
    [...]
    Not kidding, I myself publicly shouted at a lady of dubious moral fiber two years ago and till now no one dares to do the same thing again in the office I'm in.
    Plot twist!

For reference, it's very possible, easy even to compromise devices, making them do more than ddos is hard though.
    Last edited by alms; 01-07-2017 at 01:04 AM.
    I am once again writing a blog, vaguely about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

XCM2 LNG WAR CP Campaign Recruits Welcome.

In case of forum degradation pull cord.