Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't comment

Obscure Node

Can't comment

Somehow after ( i think ) updating Firefox i can't comment on any RPS article. No error shows after posting, just a refresh of the page and my comment is not posted. Going Back in the browser unfortunately doesn't recall my excellent writing, it's just gone into the void. You've made me sad at least once.

I cleared all the cookies and logged in again, all scripts on RPS are go. Any idea what else it could be?

Cheers :)

Same here, its really weird.

Which version of Firefox are you two using?

Type about:version in the address box if not sure.
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You wouldn't download a mouse" (Stellar Duck)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus TWChristine's Avatar
    Have you noticed if you're even staying logged in? There was an issue I was having a while back where I would log in, and when I went to make a post, it'd tell me to log in. To my understanding that was pretty much fixed, but figured it might be something to double check.
    Steam: Am I Doing This Right?
    Rock, Pen&Paper, Shotgun

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Network Hub
    I've been having the 'log-in and then I'm not logged in even though I just logged in' problem on Firefox.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I've been having the 'log-in and then I'm not logged in even though I just logged in' problem on Firefox.
    Same here. Usually I must log in again and refresh the page to make it work.

maybe it's a bug of firefox

I tested such bug in firefox

Apparently we're being banned from commenting on articles without warning or notification. When we post, our comments go into a black hole.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Uhm, clicking on text window in main site comments gets me into this thread: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/for...ew-Forum-Rules

Seems like someone didn't properly closed <a> HTML tag.

Can confirm clicking the comment box takes me to the forum rules post.
    Steam ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Origin ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Battle.net ID : Sp4rkR4t#1773
    uPlay: Sp4rkR4t

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fixed? Not happening for me, anyway.

Yeah it's all fixed now.
    Steam ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Origin ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Battle.net ID : Sp4rkR4t#1773
    uPlay: Sp4rkR4t

Obscure Node
    Um, not fixed for me. Log in a number of times and still no box to comment on stories. No adblocker running, either. Firefox, Windows 7.

Make sure all your browser caches have been flushed. If Ctrl-F5 doesn't work, try the following:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-firefox-cache
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Obscure Node
    OK, I'm seeing a comment box now, but this bit is strange: on the story about Perfectly average 7/10 action games, the second page of comments (by anyone, not just me) are not showing up either in Firefox or IE: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ge-2/#comments

I last commented when the count was around 110, now it's at 144, yet none of the page 2 comments appear at all.

Next day: now it's at 166 comments, all (well, the entirely new ones--not replies to other comments appearing on the first page) invisible as far as I can tell. I'm going to check on other stories and see if they also have phantom Page 2's.
    Last edited by Papageno; 05-08-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Obscure Node
    OK, that thread is up to 180 comments now, and none of the second-page ones are showing up. The blog software says that there's a second page of comments, but nope. It's a shame people's responses are going into the void.

I looked for other stories with tons of comments but couldn't find any that had an official second page of comments, unfortunately.

I tested such bug in firefox

I can log in, but I am automatically logged out the moment I click on an article. It's been like this for over a year, firefox and Internet Explorer, caches flushed and not, with updates installed. Sort your comments out RPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Snargelfargen View Post
    I can log in, but I am automatically logged out the moment I click on an article. It's been like this for over a year, firefox and Internet Explorer, caches flushed and not, with updates installed. Sort your comments out RPS!
    Is there any proxy or filter on the network(s) you are using? even home routers can have 'security features' that can interfere with the sites working properly. However, you should notice problems elsewhere, too.

If that is not the case: can you please PM me your account details? Wordpress username, time and date of the occurrence, and IP.