Rock, Paper, I suck at Dota 2.

Hello, I'm Id- and I suck at Dota 2.

I'm level 5, so I'm not matched against,- or with,- particularly good people, but I still find myself feeling like I'm contributing nothing whatsoever to the team and am more of a liability than anything else. I have a lot of experience with League of Legends, so the foundation is there (sort of), but the transition has been jarring, and Dota seems to me much more complex and with a much steeper learning curve.

I'm looking for some kind soul to help me get to a place where I'm at least reasonably competent at the game, because I want to get into it without feeling like I'm ruining the game for 9 other people.

Here's my steam profile if you're feeling charitable, feel free to add me. I'm more specifically interested in finding someone with the patience to coach me, but any help is greatly appreciated.

We're all fairly causal. I used to play LoL in the past too, but have struggled with the transition to Dota, even almost 400 hours in.

Added you anyway - I play with others mainly on evenings.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Something I used to like doing was watching (or skimming through) a Purge video then trying to replicate stuff. I still kinda do if I want a refresher on a hero I haven't seen in a while.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hi,

Welcome to Dota2 then I guess

You'll be wanting this:

https://purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/ (Honestly the best guide on the net, don't take the title to seriously)

and

If you want some coaching I'm always happy to help: http://steamcommunity.com/id/denieduk

I think you should play with bot first, and win it before the game reach 30mins, then you can go play with real human, and remember blaming will ruin your game, just play it friendly and you will have fun. Good luck.

Obscure Node
    SEA players are baaaad!!!!

Obscure Node
    Yes accept it you suck at dota 2 big time you need to play with bots 1st to learn the hero properly then check live matches of the specific hero which will help you to learn strategies
    Quote Originally Posted by Id- View Post
    Hello, I'm Id- and I suck at Dota 2.

I'm level 5, so I'm not matched against,- or with,- particularly good people, but I still find myself feeling like I'm contributing nothing whatsoever to the team and am more of a liability than anything else. I have a lot of experience with League of Legends, so the foundation is there (sort of), but the transition has been jarring, and Dota seems to me much more complex and with a much steeper learning curve.

I'm looking for some kind soul to help me get to a place where I'm at least reasonably competent at the game, because I want to get into it without feeling like I'm ruining the game for 9 other people.

Here's my steam profile if you're feeling charitable, feel free to add me. I'm more specifically interested in finding someone with the patience to coach me, but any help is greatly appreciated.