Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar

DRAGONFALL - SATURDAY 3rd June - 19:00 UK // 20:00 CEST

Hi everyone.

We've not held an open PvE event since March, and even then it was based on NA servers. While that was successful, I'm keen to get back on the wagon of hosting events and encouraging activity - especially as there's a new expansion on the horizon.

Way back in 2014, we hosted the Battle of the Five Armies. This was a huge, coordinated event that took weeks to plan - but it paid off with our biggest attendance ever. In my mind, it really put [RPS] on the map.

At the start of June this year, I'd like for us to pull off something similar, with an assault on the Silverwastes - and then on to Dragon's Stand.

I'm suggesting we hold this on a Saturday, as regular raiding has sorta died off lately.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

At 19:00 UK time (20:00 CEST) on Saturday 3rd June (depending on available commanders), we'll gather up in an empty Silverwastes map and run the Vinewrath meta there. Fortunately, the meta there isn't on a specific timer - and we can likely kill the final boss within an hour.

That gives us the time to move over to Dragon's Stand in time for the meta there to spawn at 20:30 UK time.

The beauty of this idea is that we can form into three lanes during the Silverwastes, and keep those squads for Dragon's Stand.

WHAT DO YOU NEED?

• The Heart of Thorns expansion (if you want to come to the Dragon's Stand part of the event);
    • At least the first waypoints in both the Silverwastes and Dragon's Stand zones;
    • A well-geared level 80 character; and
    • Access to the Discord to join us on voice chat.

WHAT WE NEED:

Three capable lane commanders for both the Silverwastes and Dragon's Stand (one lane each).

And!

Three capable sub-commanders, to handle general communications, inviting people etc.

I'm sure many of you will know the Silverwastes event chains, but willing commanders for Dragon's Stand are a bit rarer.

Like with the Battle of the Five Armies, I will only be coordinating this event - that is, non-[RPS] will message me directly to join the event, but I will then assign them to a squad. I leave it to the expertise of folks far better at organised PvE to manage the night's success.

LIST OF COMMANDERS:

Lane One:

Commander: Glorious Guild Leader Tweetiti
    Sub-Commander: Laorch

Lane Two:

Commander: Maat
    Sub-Commander: elec

Lane Three:

Commander: Ardi (from [PSDH])
    Sub-Commander: MonkeyMonster

TL;DR:

Turn up on Saturday 3rd June in the Silverwastes at 19:00 UK time (20:00 CEST) for funsies. Stay on after Vinewrath for Dragon's Stand. Join Discord for voice chat.

QUESTIONS?

Put them below.
    Last edited by Krathor; 30-05-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

sounds good! Saturdays tho.... hopefully will make it

i'll be there.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Obscure Node
    Me me me!

Can sub-command if required.

I'll be there if everything goes smoothly. I won't be commanding though... Is Tweeti still the only one up for the task?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'll make every effort to be there.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: Hawksbane

Hi everyone.

Great to see the replies so far, and I know many of you are excited for this - from what I've seen in-game and on Discord.

After much, much deliberation between the usual party planners, we've settled on a 'proper' name for the event: Dragonfall. Thanks to Rebel for coming up with the name, and producing this great poster:

More information about the actual event is in the next post - stay tuned!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

In relation to the commanders: Yes, we now have three volunteers to lead each of the lanes.

As above, we have Tweetiti leading one of them, then our very-own Maat, and finally Ardi from our friends in the guild [PSDH]. Many of you will know [PSDH] from the various Dragon's Stand and Tangled Depths runs that Tweetiti has helped out with in the past. It's great to see one of them coming over to help us next week.

So far, we only have Laorch volunteering to be a sub-commander (at least according to this thread). Therefore, it would be great if we got two more before next week - in exchange, you'll get access to our super-secret Event Planning channel on the Discord!
    Last edited by Krathor; 28-05-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

excellent poster as always

Now our infrastructure and poster is in place, I'd encourage everyone to go and show their support for the event! We now have threads up in public in which you can go post:

Official forum thread: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...urday-3rd-June

First Reddit post (second to follow during the week): https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/..._uk_time_2000/
    Guild Wars 2:

Cheers Smokie, I made a post on my tumblr showing off some of the work that didn't end up visible on the poster. https://rebelmaren.tumblr.com/post/1...t-guild-wars-2
    "Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"

so this is the form so many options anyway was told to come tot not force pls dont hurt me anyway quite talkative on event and done the silverwastes and dragon stand so know somewhat of the event there so can prob try being a sub commander

Well done for finally posting in the forum elec. I'm assigning you to Maat's squad, and then Monkey will help Ardi.

As mentioned on Sunday, there's generally four commanders in the Silverwastes - but I'm happy to cover Red Rock Bastion along with a few others (perhaps a party's worth of people overall), leaving the three main squads to handle the other bases.
    Guild Wars 2:

Second (probably last) Reddit thread about this is up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...dragonfall_on/
    Guild Wars 2:

And now with reminders up on Tumblr...

http://duke-w.tumblr.com/post/161322...-it-earlier-in

...and Twitter too:

https://twitter.com/D_Witherheart/st...42469690552321

I've not chased ArenaNet this time to get them to help promote it, and that's because I'm extremely certain we'll get sufficient numbers for this event; having two clear objectives gets around the usual reasons for trying to sell it to outsiders.

We've been very active in the Super Secret Discord Channel in preparing this, so am really looking forward to Saturday!
    Guild Wars 2:

Thanks to Sir Duke, excellent event as always

Secondary Hivemind Nexus zanchito's Avatar
    My computer suffered thermal shock (yay sunny Spain!) and shut down before 30 mins had passed. Thanks for organizing, it was fun while it lasted, as always! Please no more dragon jokes.
    Steam: Zanchito || Guild Wars 2: Gatonegro || The Secret World: Mescalitoh || Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zanchito