Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

PaperBack Scriber's (The Scribing thread)

Any Hints tips, guide's or advice for scribing this is the place to share and goto and request stuff:
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam and UPLAY: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rough guide from reddit: for the early levels :

Link to org :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...ribing_to_125/

Transcript:
    Required:

• Tavern (Tavern upgrade 2): Guild Banquet Schematic

At this point, some small guilds may not have this if they didn't have the upgrades from before Heart of Thorns released. If this is the case, You won't really be able to level scribe using the method below.
    Optional Extras:

• Decorations Merchant

If you find it easier to craft general decorations over other things. Use your decorations to level up from 50 - 125. This method is highly expensive over refining materials and crafting books.
    0 - 25
    Refine (Level 0): Stretched Rawhide Leather Section, Bronze Ingot, Copper Ingot, Bolt of Jute, Green Wood Plank, Green Wood Pulp
    25- 50
    Make: Coarse Book Cover
    50 - 100
    Make: Guild Banquet Schematic Refine ( level 75): Silver Ingots, Iron Ingots, Soft Wood Plank, Soft Wood Pulp, Cured Thin Leather Square, Bolt of Wool, Iron Ingot
    100 - 125
    Make: Rough Book / Basic Book
    125 - 150?
    At this point I'd suggest to make banners. But it's become quite clear that it's almost impossible to craft anything due to Basic Scribing Kit. This kit requires Resonating Fragments which cannot be obtained, crafted or bought.
    Another alternative is to craft decorations, which would require the decoration merchant to be either level 2 or 3.
    So at this point you will find you won't progress much past level 125 unless you obtain the upgrades and items to level with decorations. You will need Resonating Fragments from here on out, which are absent from the game currently. As you can see below in the screenshot, the banner can be crafted, but the materials required are level 200.
    [Guild Karma Banner Schematic]http://imgur.com/GsXbvvo
    The craft level is 125, but the materials are 200. This is clearly a bug as the only unobtainable material is Resonating Fragment which s level 75 crafting component.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Thanks for making this thread, Fers. Here's a repeat of Tav's post from earlier:

My biggest concern right now - except the obvious stuff from the treasury - is getting our scribes to lvl 75 for the lvl 75 sandpaper.

That requires a small mountain of resonating slivers and brown pigment.

I did 3 banquets the other day, at 3 slivers (90s each) and 10 brown pigments (30s) each, getting me just over a level each.

Doing decorations would get me more levels, but that requires crystalline ore.

I guess we can tell people about those needs at guild missions?

If non-scribes donated the slivers they get (and pigments) to the guild the scribe's life would get a lot easier - these 25 levels cost ~125g just in pigments and slivers atm.
    On Crystalline Ore, reports are that drops have been buffed (I haven't been able to verify this yet). Apparently noxious pods now drop either 1, 3 or 10 ore.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Any chance you could write a specific list of the harder to get items, maybe in the first post. I can see lots of stuff in the second post but I don't know what's holding back progress.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Thanks for making this thread, Fers. Here's a repeat of Tav's post from earlier:

On Crystalline Ore, reports are that drops have been buffed (I haven't been able to verify this yet). Apparently noxious pods now drop either 1, 3 or 10 ore.
    hmm definitely been getting a minimum of 1 ore from all the pods ive opened last 2 days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    25-50
    Green Wood logs,
    Copper,
    Coarse Sand,
    Jute,
    Stretched Rawhide Leather Section,
    Resonating Sliver's, (Awarded from completing the Guild missions) are tradeable and not account bound.
    Brown Pigment Pouches,
    Flax seeds (or Vials of Linseed oil)

50 - 100

Make: Guild Banquet Schematic Refine ( level 75): Silver Ingots, Iron Ingots, Soft Wood Plank, Soft Wood Pulp, Cured Thin Leather Square, Bolt of Wool, Iron Ingot

beyond that is to be confirmed

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Discovery recipe : Simple Scribing Kit + coarse paper + t1 blood/claw/venom makes 1 Writ, what ever that is not sure if it is a low level item or how much xp it rewards

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For the Pigment pouches people can turn to Cooking and salvaging :

We need a cook level 100 to make all the base unidentified color dyes. From these we open them and salvage.
    Unidentified Yellow Dye (Yellow Pigment)
    Lemon - 100 Karma bought
    Onion - 25

Unidentified Orange Dye(Orange Pigment)
    Carrot - 25 (there is farming patch in Drytop)
    Onion - 25

Unidentified Brown Dye(Brown Pigment)
    Nutmeg Seed- 100 Karma bought
    Potato - 25 (there are farming patches in Metrica Province and Plains of Ashford)

Unidentified Purple Dye(Purple Pigment)
    Blueberry - 25
    Basil Leaf - 100 Karma bought

Unidentified Red Dye(Red Pigment)
    Tomatoes - 100 Karma bought
    Strawberries - 25 (there are farming patches in Kessex Hills and Snowden Drifts)

Unidentified Green Dye(Green Pigment)
    Spinach - 25 (there are farming patches in Brisban Wildlands and Gendarran Fields)
    Oregano Leaf - 25

Unidentified Gray Dye (White and Black pigment)
    Walnut - 25
    Black Bean - 100 Karma bought

Unidentified Blue Dye (Blue Pigment)
    Blueberry - 25
    Beets - 25

Link to original source :
    http://gw2-particle-shift.tumblr.com
    Last edited by fersumengin; 20-11-2015 at 07:29 PM.

As a 400 cook I can tell you its often cheaper to buy the dye than make one with cooking.
    Steam: Taverius
    GW2: Katekk | Astrid Lissani | Eindís Starfire | Lamya Medhea | Janina Björnsdóttir | Taizo Smokerend | Ylva Blightstep | Ásleif Stormwalk | Ashken Medhea

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taverius View Post
    As a 400 cook I can tell you its often cheaper to buy the dye than make one with cooking.
    I will second that!
    Tweetiti, known in GW2 also as (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel, Liltweetie, Tweet Manstalker and Tweetfanny Adams
    Subscribe to our @RPS_GW2 Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some evidence of some of the statue's existing in game atm, mostly the Orr ones. Visages ie components for them seems to drop from the Temple events in Orr :

http://imgur.com/a/JdAdR

Source Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...on_compendium/

and an example of the mats needed to craft one (looks like you need to be a lvl400 scribe).... :

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Visage_of_Grenth

1 Grandmaster's Finishing Kit
    30 Orichalcum Chisel
    1 Visage of Grenth
    25 Basic Boulder
    Last edited by fersumengin; 11-12-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So managed to get myself upto Lvl 130 ish, and thought i would share details of the next set of mats needed in this tier. That the Guild Scribes may need: Wool, Silver Ingots, Iron Ingots, Soft Wood, Cured Thin Leather Square's, Pouches of Red Pigment, Resonating Slivers, Green Wood.

*Note that for the "Basic Ink Set's" you need the lower tier ones to make them as well, i.e. "Simple Ink Sets" that require Brown pigment pouches. So Green Wood would still be needed to craft those.
    Last edited by fersumengin; 11-12-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Well the silvers not a problem, that stuff almost worthless lol. I have about 10 slivers, maybe more. I'll check pigments. Typically everything else (except green wood) I need to for my legendary and asceneded gearing...I'll see what I can do though.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

what I buy to scribe still is green and soft wood, flax and brown pigment
    Tweetiti, known in GW2 also as (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel, Liltweetie, Tweet Manstalker and Tweetfanny Adams

I don't suppose we have anyone at 225 yet that can make these http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Supe...f_Transference ?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ok so for the Wintersday deccoration you can buy Snow Pile's from the Guild Decoration Trader(Near the centeral WP in the Guild Hall) for 100 Flawless SnowFlake's. These piles of snow are then used to craft other Scribe decorations. (I've chucked down some this morning to start giving the place a bit more of a Wintersday vibe for us)

(Note i: These are automatically deposited in the Guild Decorations Storage Tab)

Scribes check your crafting panel and you will see a Holiday Wreath available to craft at the low tier of things (Lvl75) needing ;
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Holiday_Wreath (Follow the link for a pic, true to decoration form atm its a bit crap)
    1 Simple Finishing Kit
    25 Candy Cane
    5 Snow Pile
    1 Basic Shrub (This is available from the decorations vendor at the market )
    Note (Next tier of decorations in the guild hall needs to be unlocked to be able to buy these)

Next crafting Tier up detailed so far is a Tree at Lvl 375 :
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wintersday_Tree

Other decorations i havent found any details about as yet.

So atm we are limited to Snow piles, if you want some festive decorations around the hall hang onto those Flawless Snowflakes (or buy some from the TP) and trade them into the Decorations vendor for snow piles.
    Last edited by fersumengin; 16-12-2015 at 08:34 AM.

I bought 1000 of them snowflakes yesterday as the patch hit before the price most likely skyrocketed. I'll donate them to ya later today.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

The price did double but has gone back down now, still only about 60c.

cool it's gonna be cold in the GH soon

If I don't see this in the GH when I'm back from holidays you're all fired https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdvQ...ature=youtu.be