Thread: Giveaway

Network Hub

Giveaway

Hey all!

So, long story short - I want to get rid of my account's valuables and YOU, my guildies, are the ones getting it! I've come to realize there's not much that's valuable in my inventory but I hope someone could use some of this stuff so..

I'm not sure how to do this yet, so I'm going to wait a day or so during which you can come in here, take a look at my stuff and comment with what you'd want. Here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/zryq2
    I know some of it is account-bound but I couldn't be bothered with sorting it out. I think the most value is in the 526 Mystic coins and my gold (yes, I'm giving that away as well, apart from some 10g I'll keep) so I guess that's going to be a grand prize and I'll randomly choose one person from all commenting on this thread, or maybe just the Mystic coins are going to be the grand prize, I'm not sure yet.

Well, that's all. Happy gaming, guys! See you around!
    GW2: Eknurr (Engineer), Elaina Mischievous (Ranger), Neeaha (Mesmer), Bald Carl (Guardian), Krikk Windforce (Elementalist)

Activated Node
    Anddddd the first vulture arrives!

I'd like 300 gold, or a stack of mystic coins.

Or both. Been meaning to gear up a PS warrior for a while now...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Hmm I'm not sure I'm very comfortable about this, is there any hope you'll come back to the game? It's nice of you doing this but I read this with sadness too. What if I propose that you include the guild into that prize draw and if you ever come back we can help you get you back on your feet.
    Tweetiti, known in GW2 also as (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel, Liltweetie, Tweet Manstalker and Tweetfanny Adams
    Subscribe to our @RPS_GW2 Twitter

Network Hub
    I think I really, REALLY don't need any of that stuff as the only thing I do in GW2 is WvW and you don't need any money for that. I don't feel like crafting legendaries (I hate grinding), I have enough soulbound stuff in the bank vault I can exp another character to 80 if I feel like it just with scrolls, Tomes of Knowledge etc... So either I can convert all my stuff to money and sit on it like Smaug or I can make someone's day. I chose the latter
    GW2: Eknurr (Engineer), Elaina Mischievous (Ranger), Neeaha (Mesmer), Bald Carl (Guardian), Krikk Windforce (Elementalist)

Any particular reason you're leaving? If you're fed up with the game or need a break might be best to hang on to it in case you come back. I did that for about a year. You don't even have to play a lot just log on once a week, once a month and can still be fun

If you really are set on leaving though, obviously the gold interests me :P If not some wood or T6 mats or mystic coins
    I want to start working on a legendary at some point. Waiting until they finalise the Armour but if not I want to go for Nevermore. Though both are far off goals as I currently only have 80g to my name

Activated Node
    I'd like some t6 mats and mystic coins for my first legendary. I'm really close to finishing my precursor, only needing copper and iron to finish the collection.
    yonis.8347

Well, I could use some ectoplasms and/or some mystic coins
    I would keep everything if I were you though
    Imraith - Nimpha´s - Nan Tai - Llissia - Aurialys - DesmŰi Iphyt

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    may I have the leather sections you have (and cloth tbh) - all tiers... Plus will ponder but suspect as a guild (in an officer role) a) we can turn what you have into money/mats to help create wvw banners, consumables etc. and b) we'ree more than happy to liquidate majority and turn into nice things for everyone rather than specific looters...
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 30-06-2016 at 06:17 PM.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, hardcore spectre of ghastly damage
    Monksgaard, hunter of dragons with bow and trap
    Monkscourge, provider of bonus conditions you didn't know you needed
    Monksfenrisson, a burning scandinavian who can support his friends at party time
    Monksderwydd, an irish chap who can wield staffs, bows and pets

Obscure Node
    I'm not greedy, I wouldn't mind your cotton, wool and linen. Thank you!

Huh, so not a Smaug role-player? I thought that's like every GW2 player.
    Anyway, I would be interested in tier 4 and above leather, tier 6 blood, mystic coins or gold (obviously).
    Good luck figuring out the best way to give this stuff away.

Ifrix has good words if you're feeling burnt out, breaks help.

Anyway, bestow upon me whatever you feel like bestowing. Or just some ecto I can gamble, it's all good.

Maybe you can donate good portion of your goodies to guild bank? At least gold in some amount, we always can use more prizes for races.
    Smoldur Ripjaw Revenant
    Gar Grond Engineer
    Foxmal Mesmer
    Typhus Necro

Activated Node
    Wouldn't mind a stab at those mystic coins, even with the new events, those are still really damn expensive, and i fear i might need a bunch for legendary armour soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure I'm very comfortable about this, is there any hope you'll come back to the game? It's nice of you doing this but I read this with sadness too. What if I propose that you include the guild into that prize draw and if you ever come back we can help you get you back on your feet.
    This.

Should you go on and donate everything, we'll be here in some shape or form if you decide to come back and happy to help (you will ask for help if there's anything shiny of interest).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Consider converting your valuables to gold and depositing the gold in the guild bank? The guild can use the gold for future upgrades and decorations and effectively you would be giving your money to the people who are the most generous towards the guild as they wouldn't have to pay for it themselves, but maybe that's less fun for you than a prize draw...

Network Hub
    So I sent out a portion of the prizes today. I used random.org to determine who gets what. Not everyone was online therefore if Ifrix, Salix, Volux, Maurish could shoot me a PM with their in-game name or time during which they will be online that would be peachy ^^ Maybe I forgot about someone, I'll check it more thoroughly tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    may I have the leather sections you have (and cloth tbh) - all tiers... Plus will ponder but suspect as a guild (in an officer role) a) we can turn what you have into money/mats to help create wvw banners, consumables etc. and b) we'ree more than happy to liquidate majority and turn into nice things for everyone rather than specific looters...
    Damn, I was going to ask for that lol. All that leather! But given I'm not in game much at the moment I might be a wasted recipient.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)