Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rock, Paper... States?

Hey all! I've been a huge fan of RPS since I first discovered it (a few months now, better late than never), and the community here is wonderful! The only downside is that I'm in the Americas while RPS is predominantly European. I'm wondering if there are any other RPS fans and community goers that are also from the Americas? I'd love more people to play games with! I'm hoping there's enough of us here to make this a thing. Also, anyone in the EU (or anywhere else) that keeps odd hours that would align with US time zones (mine being PST) are welcome to post if interested.
    Last edited by Krathor; 08-11-2015 at 06:55 PM.

I'm not sure there is, frankly. I tried running an Americas PS2 outfit back in the day and it died pretty fast while the UK one is still going strong. There's just a lack of critical mass.

People from the States tend to bounce off RPS because all the events are scheduled around the EUTZ.

Nim

Yeah, ping and time zones are like natural barriers against zerging American gamers.
    Perhaps, someday, some brilliant mind will find a way to overcome these obstacles, but til then.. there's 4 of us here now, you guys wanna play something??
    Lemme know.
    Steam: dead moms walking
    also check out
    the Game Orphanage and RPS/NA

Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    Yeah, ping and time zones are like natural barriers against zerging American gamers.
    Perhaps, someday, some brilliant mind will find a way to overcome these obstacles, but til then.. there's 4 of us here now, you guys wanna play something??
    Lemme know.
    That is the sad truth. Let's hope for quantum computing sometime in the near future.

And yes, we do have four of us here now! They say three's a crowd, so with four of us, we're basically a certified... gaggle? Works for me! I've got around 345ish games, so I'm sure we're bound to find something to play. I've been doing a lot of TF2 and CS:GO lately.

I'll send Steam requests when I get home from work (44 minutes 'til freedom!) because the mobile app is being finicky.
    Steam: Viral Frog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I'll possibly play something depending on the time.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR
    The Red Blades, a Battle Brothers AAR

Network Hub
    Fellow West-Coast Yankee here! I'll post my Steam tag when I get home tonight.

*EDIT* http://steamcommunity.com/id/x_kot/
    Last edited by X_kot; 07-11-2015 at 08:09 AM.

I think there's enough of us here to warrant yet another RPS Steam group.
    It is still in the building stages, and can use any input you all may have (adding games to list, scheduling events, main page info, etc.)
    Also, at this point, anyone who wants to be an admin or wants to curate, let me know and I will give you privileges.
    I couldn't seem to get the avatar function to work, but will check into that.
    Also, not sure about if/how we can use the RPS mumble... but will look into that, unless someone would like to take charge of that.
    I'm really not much of an administrator, I just like to make profile pages. :-)

You are all more than welcome to join and help out!!!
    also check out

Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    I think there's enough of us here to warrant yet another RPS Steam group.
    It is still in the building stages, and can use any input you all may have (adding games to list, scheduling events, main page info, etc.)
    Also, at this point, anyone who wants to be an admin or wants to curate, let me know and I will give you privileges.
    I couldn't seem to get the avatar function to work, but will check into that.
    Also, not sure about if/how we can use the RPS mumble... but will look into that, unless someone would like to take charge of that.
    I'm really not much of an administrator, I just like to make profile pages. :-)

You are all more than welcome to join and help out!!!
    I'd be more than happy to help out with mod/admin support on the group. I'll look it over when I get home from work and see if there's any suggestions I can think of. As for Mumble, I have been toying with the notion of renting a server. Don't count on that for certain, though. I'm still on the fence about the idea.

Edit: Wish I could change the title of the thread. Rock, Paper, States sounds much better. :P
    Last edited by Viral Frog; 08-11-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viral Frog View Post
    I'd be more than happy to help out with mod/admin support on the group. I'll look it over when I get home from work and see if there's any suggestions I can think of. As for Mumble, I have been toying with the notion of renting a server. Don't count on that for certain, though. I'm still on the fence about the idea.

Edit: Wish I could change the title of the thread. Rock, Paper, States sounds much better. :P
    Aaaand done.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

You had to post on this thread...now its tainted by Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2uk View Post
    You had to post on this thread...now its tainted by Europeans.
    Hear-ye. Hear-ye. Let it be known, to all who can read, that this thread has been declared the Official Embassy of the North American Continent of Free RPS Gamers. And, as such, must be considered to be sovereign NA soil that shall not be tread or posted upon by any non-NACOF RPS Gs. (Unless we're having a party.. then, of course you're all invited.)
    Violating this sanctity will be considered a most grievous act of attack, at which we will retaliate. (We've got a Sergeant At Arms, ya know.)

Also, as (self declared) ambassador of fore mentioned embassy, I will have full diplomatic immunity all over these here boards, right?
    also check out

Shipping 1,000 tonnes of tea for the party, any and all taxes charged on this delivery must be paid by the recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2uk View Post
    Shipping 1,000 tonnes of tea for the party, any and all taxes charged on this delivery must be paid by the recipient.
    And, we've said thank you by ordering 900 'Dominator' pizzas from a Domino's in Anchorage, Alaska.. to be delivered over to you folk.
    Btw, we told them you'd be paying in cash.

Oh, and don't forget to tip the delivery person.

Now, shoooooo... ;-)

OK, let's call this meeting to order.
    I know Steam groups tend to pop up like weeds, then once the related game, theme, gimmick or whatever gets old, those groups become all but abandoned.
    That's why we shouldn't think of Rock, Paper, States (and Canada) as a group, but as a resource and then really use it as such.
    I've dropped a couple topics in the Discussion section, as a foundation. So, let's build something.
    Also, let me stress again that any input, and all suggestions will be welcomed.
    Heck, doing something as simple as adding a game to the game list, would be helpful.

Mumble
    Like other RPS groups, we should be able to use the RPS mumble server (I'm pretty sure they knew I was kidding about that whole "sovereign soil" "diplomatic immunity." thing) Still, manners and protocol probably dictate, that we let them know that we might, collectively, want to use a channel from time to time.
    I'm also going to look into making a small donation to the server, on our behalf. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now anyway.

Ok, that's all I have to say.. except, tea will be served, after the meeting... and probably after every meeting from now on.
    also check out

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    FYI I am usually available on weekends, mostly in the mornings. Monday nights work too, though I sometimes game with a friend those nights, though he may be open to playing with others. He's a yank, so no worries about cross-contamination there.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR
    The Red Blades, a Battle Brothers AAR

Obscure Node
    I've recently relocated from the UK to the US so am also looking for a group of people to game with. Have been thinking of buying Vermintide, but would want some like minded adults to play with. Not sure what the approach is to joining a group.... is there something on steam/mumble? I notice you said there are some topics in the discussion section - links would be good :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1111 View Post
    I've recently relocated from the UK to the US so am also looking for a group of people to game with. Have been thinking of buying Vermintide, but would want some like minded adults to play with. Not sure what the approach is to joining a group.... is there something on steam/mumble? I notice you said there are some topics in the discussion section - links would be good :)
    Post your Steam name here and I'll toss you an invite to the group. Once you're invited, you can find it from within the Steam desktop application by hovering over the tab that says your username, and go down to "Groups". Click on the name of the group and it'll take you to the overview page and you can access all the other sections (discussions, etc) from there!

As far as Vermintide goes, I don't have the title myself. I'm hopeful that It gets a decent discount with the upcoming holiday sale. Either way, I planned to pick it up around the time of the sale anyway.
    Last edited by Viral Frog; 11-11-2015 at 11:08 PM.

It's a public group, no invite should be needed.
    Just go here, and join.
    If you have any problem, just let us know.
    See ya there!
    also check out

Activated Node
    Let's be friends.
    Last edited by sabby787; 30-12-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Just to leave a small mark here too.
    I'm currently living on the west coast (SF Bay Area) and looking for fellows RPSers to play with.
    I've always been very impressed by the community here, so let's play some games.
    I have lots on my Steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/frenchy2k1/
    And even more not even added to it (I tend to buy a lot of bundles).
    I mostly play "Heroes of the Storm" lately, lacking the motivation to start a big solo RPG.