Lesser Hivemind Node

Atlas Reactor - Turned based strategy PVP

Hey guys,

I've not heard alot about this on here so thought I'd make you all aware because it's a really good game.

Atlas Reactor - https://www.atlasreactorgame.com/

It's a turn based team PvP strategy game where turns happen simultaneously using 4 phases:

Prep - Healing moves and traps, some buffs like the sniper (Nix) casts his invisibility at this point. While all moves here are considered to be happening at the same time, it plays them in order so you can follow whats going on more closely.
    Dash - Special type of move phase, usually for when you think you are in danger. Everything in this phase happens at the same time and on the rare occasion that a Dash phase move would cause damage or a debuff to an enemy it won't do if they also used a Dash on the same turn.
    Blast - The vast majority of the attacks in the game (Now you can see why Dash'ing can be important, 90% of the attacks in the game happen after a Dash, this can lead to interesting plays where an opponent tries to educated guess where you will end up after a Dash).
    Move - Standard move, every character can move the same distance but buffs such as Haste can make this further, if you don't attack on a turn you can double move.

The games currently in a free to play event while its in beta, the first tourni just took place, footage can be found on https://www.twitch.tv/prepphase if you want to see some of the higher levels of play (if you can find any Team Trash footage on there they are really well coordinated).

The community so far is pretty friendly but I'd recommend doing the tutorial and maybe 1-2 bot matches first just because there is a high complexity to the game when you first start and it should help you get to grips.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd like to see more attention paid to this one. I played some in the alpha and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Really nice character design, great flow to the game.
    I think I'll get back into it soon.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The free "sorta trial" mode is now live so its a good time to try it out :)

Any good review of the game?
    С R A D L E O F M A G I C

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    This just went F2P a little while ago. Been playing this a bit and it's pretty good.

I really wanted to like this game-- a MOBA style of patient ability triggers at the speed of a card game. I bought into this, "Glyph," launcher-and-pyramid scheme, hopped into Atlas Reactor, and, later, quite a few games short of the Eva paint scheme for, 'Rask' a sort of were-sabertooth from a Cossack weight training room whose body vomits highly corrosive acidic ooze, I am forced to cram Atlas Reactor deep into my Steam pile of shame where it may one day be updated for a free gold promotion.

Atlas Reactor suffers from a common MOBA trope-- action, action, action, but no reason for our heroes to seek the death of their enemy team. The underwire of this deathmatch game system relies on the user to plug in their memories and emotions into the narrative of the, "video-game," without sufficiently rewarding a cost-prohibitive experience with some sort of tangible reward.
    "Who the mutha' flip is this fawkin' donkey-ass chimp bitin' me like he thinks I'm not gonna slap the good for nothin' ears offa' his knobby fuhhkin' neck."

Atlas Reactor, I like one of your core mechanics, turn-based MOBA play, but being that your characters are drawn flat without passion in their poses, it shows (to those who knows) you do not have a palpable story for this setting, but let's take them at face value, Atlas Reactor must be a cyberpunk "Street Fighter," played in a cyberpunk, "Re-Boot,"-ish early television cgi animation story, a comic or a film series. However, they expect us to dive into a nineties' "V.R."-exchange with our "modern" computer systems, without providing us any sort of dialogue in to which this scene is set. I had to make all of that up, and it took me writing a forum post about my play experience with Atlas Reactor from a full year ago to pin the tail on just what made me feel so uncomfortable--

"This is a MOBA. There is no story."

this is HotS saving grace, as after, before or during any given match, these characters with a rich backstory may meet in the woods, and tomorrow's fan fiction is dreamt today.