Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tom Clancy's The Division - Run the Dark Zone together.

Hi all just wondering how if there are many of you fine folk enjoying The Division and if so did you fancy running the Dark Zone a bit as we all grind out the phoenix credit and dz level.

If you fancy teaming up I'm Sp4rkR4t in uPlay the same as pretty much everywhere else.
    Steam ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Origin ID: Sp4rkR4t
    Battle.net ID : Sp4rkR4t#1773
    uPlay: Sp4rkR4t

Just noticed there has been a The Division channel added to the RPS mumble server.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BillButNotBen's Avatar
    I'm not likely to play this game, but I'm just wondering if it would allow a highly organized group (a la goonsquad / something awful ) to take over the area? From the little I've read about it it sounds like they could grab all the loot from people trying to extract from the dark zone. Unless it's highly instanced or something.

Not that I mean to imply that RPS forumites would ever be highly organized.

Banned
    Hey, I've opened a thread on the game already......

Then, what's your WIT on this game?

The game is highly instanced so doesn't lend itself to organised groups being Dick's, but rogue parties stalking extraction points are an issue for solo players.

Hey, I've opened a thread on the game already......
    Can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Then, what's your WIT on this game?
    I really am enjoying it, the only let down to the end game is the inability to solo and the massive variance in quality of the random matchmaking groups.
    Last edited by Sp4rkR4t; 14-03-2016 at 08:41 AM.

I've started and stopped multiple times purchasing this game, with my ultimate decision being to purchase Grim Dawn instead.

The Division simply seemed like a game I'd quickly get bored with in terms of gameplay. I might pick it up in a year or two when the base game is discounted in hopes of enticing customers to purchase the expansions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I'm playing The Division and I rather like it. New York is lovely and it has the Diablo-style compulsion for better loot. The shooting is pretty tight, though relatively static (it's more about good positioning and intelligent skill use/combinations than charging forward heroically). There are multiple ways to play and build your character that are equally useful and there is real challenge in the end-game that makes finding a good group and blitzing through a tough mission really satisfying.

Also the community is pretty decent, I've found a few regular team-mates to play with from the anonymous hordes and had a lot of fun playing with them. On the other hand I met two horrible racists who started using the 'n'-word as a punchline, but I guess that's the risk you run trying to play with randoms.

The Dark Zone is kind of a unique multi-player space and there's always the risk of running into someone bigger and badder than you. The dynamic gets flipped once you get into a group of four, it's easy to let the power go to your head, ordering people to back off and taking control of an area. When you're four-strong going rogue is more of a viable choice - you lose a crap-tonne of DZ funds and XP if you die as a rogue, so for the most part people don't do it. The extract mechanic is quite tense too, especially if you're in a small group in a dangerous corner of the map with some loot you really need to take your build to the next level.

My main concern for the game is the long-term appeal. The dark Zone grind is fine as it's a big enough area that it doesn''t get too repetitive, but there are only 4 missions available for the end-game 'Challenging' difficulty right now and only one of them is easily repeatable, which means the most effective way to get Phoenix Credits (special end-game currency) is just to repeat it ad-finitum, which gets boring.

They've got plenty of stuff to add in the pipeline, but the Xbox exclusivity for further add-ons could end up killing the PS and PC versions - an extra month to wait on content that is needed to add variety and further goals could be a deal breaker. I've been playing since release with some heavy time invested this weekend, but I'm almost at the end of what's currently in the game.

I'm Jockieuk on uPlay if anyone wants to add me.
    Last edited by Jockie; 14-03-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    I have written gaming stuff here, here and even here

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This game is fun. More fun that I trough It would be. I enjoy being hunt by 4 elite mobs in the darkzone, having to run, hide, snipe, drop a few grenades, run more. Now my gear is good enough I am the one hunting, but still is great.
    I play mostly in the PS4, but I still love a good PC game

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    I'm Jockieuk on uPlay if anyone wants to add me.
    Added.

I thought I'd try some different abilities which is when I noticed this issue, I have my post office fully upgraded but the master variants for each ability are still greyed out, I can only select the first 3 variants and not the last one. What have I missed?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    The Master ability is a passive upgrade to the abilities I thought?
    I have written gaming stuff here, here and even here

And on Twitter

That would explain it. Thanks.

Network Hub
    Playing as Fleabag-1 if peeps want to group up and kill stuff :)

Got to the point now where I can quite comfortably run the first three Dark Zone areas solo, it's a great & very tense experience, yesterday managed to find a good enough random group to take down the challenging daily event, those things are HARD.

Network Hub
    So I bought the game to try it, and it ran like shit on my oldish laptop.
    Had to ask for a refund :(
    I'll check the game again in a few months/years when I can upgrade...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Curse vid highlighting a option to grind out Phoenix Credits, that people may not know about as yet. I believe you need to have not killed this mob's group fully on your map or otherwise join a friends map instance to get access to it, if you have already killed them all on your's. Also ensure you dont kill the full mob pack only the named boss, to get it respawn :

GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam and UPLAY: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Can't imagine that 'exploit' generates that much extra credit than just running the Dark Zone, killing the bosses.

On another note has anyone been to the DZ06 safehouse vendor to spend their pheonix credit and is it worth it for someone who is only Dark Zone lvl 36 or should I wait to lvl 50? I ask because I tried running for the place twice last night and both times was killed by crazy shotgun dudes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It about 30-60sec loop from the safe room to the boss to reset it, 2-3 purples and 1-2 Phoneix credits per kill.

I'm on Uplay as captainjimbob if anyone would like to add. Could really use a group to run the DZ and dailies - getting constantly shot in the back in the former is getting really old.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well that loot cave is gone, lets see what the community comes up with next ; )

I would love to join people here. Hope it's not a problem if I haven't played the game yet, I got it with my new GPU and since I heard its best to play it with others I haven't gotten started with it.