Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

The Divine Guild of Engineering Masterium - Poly Bridge

Whether it's stability, fractal beauty or just being rad, bridges have many ways to please, but the most profound is building a bridge for half the price of your peers and hearing the lamentations of their (wo)menfolk.

Add me on steam, these peons are not up to the task.

Except in levels after 1-4 where I have spent insufficient time mastering them!

I AM THE MASTER OF 1-4, look upon my works and disrepair!

Please submit your steam username in a post below and I'll add you here for fellowship and subjugation.
    Usernames:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/heliocentric
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/wfish
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-03-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    I am once again writing a blog, vaguely about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Hooray for Rock, Paper, 'Sploding Bridges! Let's keep a list of leaderboard opponents?
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"I'm too big of a hothead, I've got a history, I've got implants...take your pick."

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Hooray for Rock, Paper, 'Sploding Bridges! Let's keep a list of leaderboard opponents?
    Yes! I just beat you in 1-5 BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes! I just beat you in 1-5 BTW.
    Your 1-4 crown was just smashed:

(took your road trick and ran with it)
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"I'm too big of a hothead, I've got a history, I've got implants...take your pick."

This is my profile code

Code:
    alms
    ...justice is served:

Last edited by alms; 12-03-2017 at 11:30 PM. Reason: fixed image

Sorry, I was too busy building this sick jump.

That was the sound of me beating you in 1-7 btw

Whoa, nice rebound! Later, I'll see what I can do about that.

Your 1-4 crown was just smashed
    I hope your moment in the sun was wonderful.

1-7 $5314 #300.

1-7 $5314 #300.
    1-7 $5,126 #242

Are the people at the top of the charts legit? $3.442?

edit:
    Well, that's my brain tapped out, how do the others get better scores? My curiosity is sated, they are simply all wizards!

My build for posterity:
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 13-03-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Behold:

Ooh, resting the bridge on the car, nice.

Car wash:

Last edited by alms; 13-03-2017 at 10:17 PM.

I have to say I'm not a big fan of the hydraulics. In theory they should be easy enough to handle but in practice they're incredibly fiddly. Getting them to do your bidding is much more difficult than it should be.

Also:

Do a flip!

Monster truck physics are really something!

I am two levels away from finishing the Desert - on 2-13 I scored a placement in the 60s, with what looked like an unexceptional solution and amount of optimization: looks like most stop playing around the end of Meadows/beginning of Desert :(

That's likely, going far in these games require a math/physics mindedness which goes beyond 'fun' to a sort of meditative state. And to be competitive in optimization you need to often completely rethink your reasoning, 'admitting you were wrong' to yourself. Worse with no leveling up or even unlocking content, players have no breadcrumbs to lure them along, if you 'can't complete a level' and you are weak minded you might skip it, right into the arms of a harder level which you can complete even less.

Essentially, this game was completely unsuitable for Humble Monthly commitmentphobes. Which means they likely didn't eat to far into their customer base.

I'm halfway through the ice world and at this point the game gets very challenging. You have tight budgets and one poorly placed piece can make all the difference between collapse and 50% stress.
    These hydraulics? One percentage off and it all falls apart. Often a right solution looks indistinguishable from a wrong solution.

I, uh, meant to do that.

TBH I've been running out of Steam, wait, steam, at the end of Desert. It's a little because, well, it's desert - no people, and because that Squid-Faced guy made me obsess on World 1. I've been playing PvZ and Defense Grid instead..?!?