Results 1 to 1 of 1
30-06-2013, 01:18 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
Indie blend of rpg/tower defense/hack&slash on kickstarter. Free DEMO available!
Hey there guys!
I am very excited to announce that my indie game project HollowFear, I've put so much effort and love into has finally made it to kickstarter, and to offer you an early, but highly playable demo for download.
HollowFear is an innovative and challenging blend of RPG, Tower Defense and Action Hack & Slash.
Key features of the game:
- A unique blend of different genres
- Innovative, fast paced yet tactical combat
- Weapon attack zones, shield defense zones
- Defense tower management (upgrading, defending, repairing...)
- RPG style character development
- Various level objectives (defending victory points, defeating enemy bosses, surviving, escaping etc. and combinations)
- Set in medieval land of Carantania (territory of present-day Slovenia), based on slavic pagan mythology
This is a true indie project from the grounds up. I started working on it 4 years ago as a hobby. The design was evolving slowly, with many iterations and considerations. I was in no rush. It is currently in a late development phase and is scheduled to be released in Q1 2014.
I developed the engine for this game on my own, from scratch. Because I am a programmer that's what I love doing most ;) Here I've written an overview about the engine's base elements, along with the resources used during development. I believe it should be an interested and useful reading for all the other struggling XNA developers out there.
Please let me know what you think about it. If you like it, and want to see it finished as soon as possible, with loads of new high quality content and polish, please support us on kickstarter and/or steam greenlight.
Thank you so much for your suppor!
Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=151542249
About development: http://hollowfear.com/development/the-engine/