Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar

Exclamation STARTING ZONES SPECTACULAR - Saturday 11th March - 21:00 GMT (22:00 CET)

Hello!

It's been a long, long, long time coming... and I indicated that we'd be doing this earlier in the month.

Here it is: Our open PvE GW2 event for the community... in NA!

January's Hidden Treasures of Tyria was great. A solid idea (inspired by a great Reddit post), coupled with some great art, support from you, and RPS and ArenaNet made a great event. Although we ran over time, the follow-up survey has showed us many people enjoyed it - with 42 respondents (29 from outside the guild), rating their enjoyment at an average of 4.21 stars out of five.

As this will be our first event in NA, we're going to start basic... so as many of us can join in as possible on free-to-play accounts. Therefore, replaying Fresh Start (a tour of each race's starting area) seems appropriate; new characters have one waypoint unlocked in all of them automatically.

Like the Fresh Start event we hosted on EU servers way back in December 2015, this will be based around all the awesome things found in the starting areas, skipping over all the boring stuff and focusing on nice event chains, mini-dungeons, jumping puzzles and world bosses. If you've wanted to roll on NA for a while but haven't had the opportunity, or wish to avoid the grind of playing somewhat solo, here's a good opportunity to create a new one and breeze through the early levels.

TL;DR: Turn up at 21:00 GMT (22:00 for most of Europe) on Saturday 11th March. Join us on Discord. Come for (roughly) two hours of funsies around the starting areas.

Unless you have a full NA account already, you'll be restricted with in-game chat on a free one. Create an account before the event, and post in this thread to get an invite to the guild.

I'd also like some lovely artwork, and it'd be great if someone could whip up a 30-second trailer? Perhaps based off footage from Ravbek or Jaysus?

Hope to see you there, for our first event on NA!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Before I forget, the date and time were selected because the US moves to Daylight Savings on Sunday 12th March... and so could have gotten messy with trying to coordinate the timings. 21:00 GMT is currently 16:00 on the East Coast, which is late enough in the afternoon. Plus, it gives us a good 90 minutes of raiding before, if we start at our usual 19:30 GMT time.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

OK so how do I go about getting a us account?

Got some footage, 90 seconds long but 30 just doesn't do it.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

You can sign up for an NA account here. I may poke ArenaNet for some full accounts too.

90 seconds sounds grand (that's what she said).
    Guild Wars 2:

Ugh, and for some reason if that link doesn't default to the Free Edition, just click the link below the black box to the left that explains what HoT is.
    Guild Wars 2:

Do I have to use a new email address?
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Yus I think so? Did you?
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Yus I think so? Did you?
    yeah course, 1:1 mapping with each core character
    Monksbjornsson - PS War Monksbane - Viper Necro
    Monksgaard - DH Monkscourge - Power/MM Necro
    Monksfenrisson - Tank Guard Monksderwydd - Druid/Ranger

Yeah bit of a pain, already have 2 accounts so had to dig out another one of my old email addresses. They want too much information from me when creating new ones. I don't want yet another company spamming my phone number with sales and texts!

Account set up though. I'm guessing we don't need to be a specific level...although I got a level 80 thing when starting which was nice. Kind of novel starting again from fresh.

Yes, I think it's rather charming to have a blank map stretched out ahead.
    Guild Wars 2:

Saph raised a good question in Discord: You don't need to re-download the client when you create an NA account. Simply create a new account, and log-in to your existing GW2 game with its details.
    Guild Wars 2:

So this thread hasn't had many updates since I first posted it, but we've been quite busy behind the scenes preparing for the event.

Rebel has kindly put together an amazing poster:

And Rav has crafted a fantastic trailer to complement:

I'm getting very excited now, and will be putting up the thread in the official forum shortly...
    Last edited by Krathor; 02-03-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Humble. /tencharrs
    Forum janitor in training.

Guild Wars 2:

Obscure Node
    Hey, not sure if this is the thread to get added to the NA guild, but here's hoping! My NA account name is: MatticusB.9128

Thanks!

Matt

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserBeahm View Post
    Hey, not sure if this is the thread to get added to the NA guild
    If it isn't, just blame me, invite sent.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: Hawksbane

Gaile replied to the official forum post yesterday, would be great if a few more RPS were to plug in comment to keep it up the top.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    If it isn't, just blame me, invite sent.
    I actually meant this thread, but doesn't matter so long as folks get in the guild.
    Guild Wars 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravbek View Post
    Gaile replied to the official forum post yesterday, would be great if a few more RPS were to plug in comment to keep it up the top.
    Rav's right; it was good for Gaile to reply... and since the official forum thread is generally where I'm directing the 'click here to find out more' traffic, it'd be good to show there's more than three of us going. I know it's a pain to log in to the official forum every. Damn. Time. But! It's worth it! The thread's here:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Saturday-11th
    Guild Wars 2:

Alice was nice enough to post about this on the official RPS page today - see here.

And even the comments aren't that bad.
    Guild Wars 2: