Results 1 to 7 of 7
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM #1
Topia Online - sandbox MMO with scripting, permadeath and more (and a Kickstarter)
I'm not personally involved in this, but I think it might push the right buttons for a few people here:
From the KS pitch:
Topia Online is a completely player-run MMORPG sandbox. Our mission is to give players a wealth of tools to build the game world. (...) From the beginning, we knew that we wanted to create an online game where you could truly 'do anything'. In order to accomplish that, we are building a powerful set of tools that the players themselves can use to expand the game world and it's features.
Here's a quick overview of the Unique Selling Points:
- No NPCs - "Each creature in the game is 'owned and operated' by a player. There are no 'NPCs', except the ones that players create and program themself." Shopkeepers, guards, crafters and much more besides will all be created using the above scripting.
- Monster Play - As well as human characters, all monsters will be controlled by players. Join packs with your fellow creatures, or strike out as a lone terror. From humble slimes to deadly archdemons, there's plenty of choice.
- Permadeath Ė Once your character dies, theyíre not coming back.
- Personal Worlds Ė Donít like the rules of the game? Tweak the scripts and create your own personal world. Other players will be able to connect as soon as itís set up.
Hope thatís piqued some of your interest; it certainly got my attention.
11-12-2012, 07:17 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
13-12-2012, 01:24 PM #3
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Bucharest, Romania
I wanted to make a thread about this too! It sounds really awesome!
13-12-2012, 03:02 PM #4
This sounds like it will be a massive clusterfuck and griefer's paradise and I can't wait to get in on it when it comes out in three years' time.
13-12-2012, 03:31 PM #5
Permadeath and everything is controlled by other players? Sounds like a recipe for fun, no, not fun, what's that thing that isn't fun?
13-12-2012, 10:28 PM #6
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
2. It's more difficult to grief than it sounds. It takes more time to get the skills necessary than it is worth to break into a person's house, considering that you'll probably die.
3. People with the right skills can track down criminals and get paid for doing so.
4. People on their home turf have a defensive advantage, not to mention all the traps they may have placed, or all the hirelings they may have hired to defend their home.
Last edited by aattss; 13-12-2012 at 11:39 PM.
15-12-2012, 04:15 AM #7