Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What games have you played recently that you really enjoyed?

As the title says, what have you played recently that you really enjoyed? Like had a good story, great gameplay, etc?

I haven't really been gaming much for awhile, just haven't had much interest. Been a bit bored lately so wanted to try some new games.

Recently started playing Arma 3 trying to find a good server to play on but haven't found 1 I like, or maybe its just me not liking the game that much. Been trying to play on exile mod pve servers with zombies, but it seems the enemy AI (like military, bandits, etc) are just too difficult. They spawn out of nowhere most times, can see for miles, and have aimbots.

Can't remember the last game I really enjoyed playing. Most games I've bought lately I play a little bit and then get bored. Nothing keeps me interested long enough.

I hate buying a game and then not liking it and not being able to return it. I guess with steam you can refund if you play less than 2 hours, but sometimes thats not enough to gauge a game. I'm sure if you keep refunding games over and over they will eventually stop giving refunds?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dark Souls after a few weeks long break when game became somewhat stale. Still glorious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Inside, Talos Principle, Hexcells/+/infinite. What sort of games do younormally enjoy?

Activated Node
    Dead State, Age of Decadence, Shadowrun: Hong Kong- Extended Edition, Celestian Tales w/ Howl of the Ravager DLC, Life is Strange (even if I found the ending disappointing I was surprised how much I enjoyed this game).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Life is Strange (even if I found the ending disappointing I was surprised how much I enjoyed this game).
    Which one? I think one where you decide to just live with the consequences of your time travel is much better than the other.

House of the Dying Sun! It has been a long time since mission based space combat games were a thing, and House of the Dying Sun scratches that itch quite a bit. It's Freespace 2 for minimalists, and I love it for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davey View Post
    Dead State
    How'sthegame?

Incredibly depressing, for me. The UI is clunky, and combat is utterly lethal, and yet the game's tutorial creates the expectation that you should be fighting like in any other turn/party-based RPG. It's not the case.

I think there's a good game trapped in there, struggling to get outside, despite all the limitations and shortcomings that the indie scale of the project has brought on.

Just make sure you walk in with the correct expectations, and you should be OK.
    The Onward March of Bundles - filling your backlog since 1911. For a list of active deals, and more, click here.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You wouldn't download a mouse" (Stellar Duck)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    House of the Dying Sun! It has been a long time since mission based space combat games were a thing, and House of the Dying Sun scratches that itch quite a bit. It's Freespace 2 for minimalists, and I love it for that.
    Guess I'll have to give this a try, should be really fun in VR.

The only "new" game I've been playing recently is Battlerite. It fits right in with a routine of Blizzard games (WoW, HS, OW), as it has a similar loot/quest system. I think it's closer to an isometric Super Smash Bros than it is to what is traditionally considered MOBA.
    Last edited by Xzi; 15-10-2016 at 04:46 AM.
    ~

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Which one? I think one where you decide to just live with the consequences of your time travel is much better than the other.
    I didn't particularly care for either because they don't really take into account any of your actions for the entire game... So it was disappointing in the same way ME3's endings were disappointing. If this was a movie it would have been a fine ending, but it's a game where you're lead to believe that your choices matter. When they don't, it feels cheap, IMO.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BillButNotBen's Avatar
    Grow Home.. though I didn't really get it for the first 30 minutes or so.

Other than that, not so much has grabbed me lately.

Sunless Sea with the new Zubmariner DLC. It's -delicious-.

The question is... are you a delicious friend? :D

Quote Originally Posted by davey View Post
    I didn't particularly care for either because they don't really take into account any of your actions for the entire game... So it was disappointing in the same way ME3's endings were disappointing. If this was a movie it would have been a fine ending, but it's a game where you're lead to believe that your choices matter. When they don't, it feels cheap, IMO.

If you think back to the toilet scene when you first met cloeh you find the controlling arguments in symbols, which is choosing between the society in the picture you rip off and the other thing, which max goes for, along with a "story starts now/ time to mature" butterfly to announce cloeh coming in (which pops up at the end as a full stop). The first controlling metaphor was that of repetition at start, when you find out disaster hasn't struck yet, and it's mainly to give you more chances to state what kind of person you want to be between extremes in choices through the game instead of owning the world in perfect order. So I think the game was honest me opinions.
    So, while you have little options, it's fine because of its impossible arguments players take personally given the inclination to become fans and confront each other afterwards.

I played avpclassic2000, ahahahahaah where do I begin, well it's old but has short levels I don't save in so it's tense and it's pretty much all I'm playing, it's grown on me, I only wish it had higher mouse sensitivity.
    Last edited by Wenz; 15-10-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Activated Node
    I was really impressed by renowned explorers, played for 16 hours on normal then eventually won my first game on classic difficulty :-).
    Reaper's due in crusader kings 2, one of my favourite games.
    Now playing persona 4 and just picked up two more expansions for europa Universalis iv on sale but still playing ck2... ;)

Is persona 4 on pc and how is it?:0

Activated Node
    Persona 4 isnt on PC and its alright, although for a JRPG you will have only 3 fights in the 1st 3 hours of gameplay!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I wrote an extensive diatribe on how Dark Souls dragged me into a similar ennui, how well balanced strategy games like Tropico 3, Renowned Explorers and Hand of Fate came some way to offer relief, but I wrote too slowly and my browser decided it looked delicious...

Go play a game with your friends, whether side by side or other the tubes, or just take a break. You probably hunger for something, listen to your mind, what's it asking for?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Shenzhen I/O (my brain hurts), Duelyst (lovely pixel art, f2p card+turn based strategy ), SOMA (having no weapons made me so tense), Californium (weird and short Philip K. Dick inspired "walking simulator").

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Full Bore, an open-world puzzle solving game and I love it. Creeper World 3 it's turtling the game. I love it so much. Elegy for a Dead World it's a collaborative visual novel that I found interesting.
    Last edited by Internet; 15-10-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    How is HotDS nowadays? When it came out I liked the art style, but it struck me as a bit, well, simple, compared to my usual space sim haunts (Elite, occasionally Evochron, Diaspora and some of Star Wraith's older games whenever I spot them lurking in my downloads folder), so it's been sitting on my wishlist for a while now, but I've yet to take the plunge and actually buy it. I might soon though, seeing as the only other upcoming mission-based sim (Squadron 42) has just been pushed out to infinity.
    Last edited by EPICTHEFAIL; 15-10-2016 at 10:30 PM.