Results 21 to 24 of 24
Thread: Free, awesome indie games
21-07-2011, 04:29 PM #21
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Reading, Berkshire
21-07-2011, 05:21 PM #22
1. In the book you don't see the main character till many chapters in
2. The book covers many years, with flashbacks to even earlier
3. The main characters is not sympathetic and his motivation is not simple
4. Several characters do things that the player would not do - I had to abridge the lengthy Fantine section because anyone who knows the story would spend their time stopping her!
5. There are lengthy asides in the book (e.g. about sewers and slang)
6. Some of the conflicts don't make as much sense to modern readers (e.g. some of the last chapters)
7. There is no obvious Hollywood ending
I also experimented with some features that made designing and coding it a real headache and I dropped them over the next four games (jumping between games, clues in heaven, allowing any character to think of any other character), etc.
But all in all I'm pleased with the result. :)
Last edited by EnterTheStory; 21-07-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spoiler tag doesn't work
21-07-2011, 05:25 PM #23
Why not post your own games?!? We can turn this into some kind of bastard child of a showroom for indie devs. It's a great place to get exposure AND critical feedback.
PS keep your games free and you'll get more of both. Haha jk. Seriously though.
28-07-2011, 12:42 PM #24