Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

Wot Stuff Have you Made?

This is a thin excuse for me to post a few films that I have made this year really!

Some of us seem to be creative types around here, so we should celebrate and shamelessly advertise the things that we have done. Off topic stuff like fiction/non fiction writing, filmaking, music anything like that.

So I will start with two films I've made, with some friends, this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j41lhccfnQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5IkKv1Myq8

Comments and criticisms and nice things said are always helpful :)

So yes what have you been creating?

Nice job with Upstairs. Definitely has a good unsettling tone - I liked the "crooked" shots in some areas and overall lighting work!

As for me, I've been making small experimetn HTML5 games and just bloggd about it. Might be some good food for thought. Let me know what you guys think:

What I learned from my first free experimental HTML5 game CRAVEN

After four years working on two major indie games, I decided to take a break by rapid-prototyping a few micro ideas. My first title CRAVEN already taught me a few good lessons!

Read On ->

Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

This is mostly student stuff but there are some nice things there.
    http://www.coroflot.com/djbeltrami

Still making games with Game Maker.
    Did a mech sim called Navpoint Alpha, now develpoing a plant growing game.
    Last edited by bad guy; 10-07-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Stuff I have made:

Sim rig:

Arcade cabinet:

Console cabinet:

Desk:

That box needs to go. Next project is a display stand for the PC.

Also, desperately need to finish this off:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nice arcade, but only one stick? :(

Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Nice arcade, but only one stick? :(
    Yes, sadly. It's too narrow for a two stick panel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Damn! So do you make that from scratch or do you have molds or boxes that you start with?

Seriously, those are some of the most impressive home projects I've ever seen. Amazing!! I second Xercies' question: how do you do this?
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Throatwobbler Mangrove

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Cheers. Yes, all made from scratch - mainly MDF sheet. Videos if you're interested.

Arcade cabinet:

The racing rig took about 350 hours to build.

I had a lot of fun building them!

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Seriously, those are some of the most impressive home projects I've ever seen. Amazing!! I second Xercies' question: how do you do this?
    Appreciate that. There's a very comprehensive build log here for the rig which will show pretty much every step of the process:

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/12...o-mount-added/

Quote Originally Posted by ThereIs0nly0ne View Post
    Appreciate that. There's a very comprehensive build log here for the rig which will show pretty much every step of the process:

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/12...o-mount-added/
    Thanks for the link, I will definitely read all of it when I have time.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Throatwobbler Mangrove

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Whoa, that's hella impressive. I'm a techno-geek-maker myself, but never had a knack for the physical world. Always admire when people can PutShitTogether™ like that :p

In other new, wanted to share that my upcoming Free HTML5 game design experiment GATHER can now be followed on GameJolt!

Discover the world, lead your minions, learn their language, and harvest sacrifice for the Gods. Free isometric adventure and exploration game set in an esoteric land.

You control a Wraith sent to the idyllic land and must learn the rules of the world on your own. Powerless to affect the material realm, you must find arcane words to command and grow your minions, gather various items and discovering their use. The Krewski god demands sacrifice - but of what kind? And how will you appease them?

Release Date: End of July
    Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

Just built a display stand for the PC:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Haha, I'd be terrified to balance a PC on top of anything that narrow! Doubly so if it had wheels. It looks really good, though. How often do you have these projects on the go? Is this a serious case of STOP ME BEFORE I BUILD SOMETHING AGAIN?

Also, Stuff Wot I Have Made - it's nothing next to that, but what the hell. I decided some cover art for my stories would probably be better than nothing, only I'm completely broke and have very little skill with Photoshop. So I came up with these after a few hours flailing away at GIMP with PD/CC resources. I am far, far, far from happy with them, but they'll do for now, I guess? Apologies if anyone dies laughing.

Smashwords (free stories I wrote) | Steam | Tumblr (reviews, games crit etc.)

I would like to remind everyone that this is not a place to peddle your products. We do have a sub-forum for promotions.

@rooks: They're not so bad, really. The motives are good but the fonts are a bit much. I've seen much, much worse sold in book stores though.
    Immersive Sims on Steam WIP

Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

Donít you feel the same way? When I cannot see myself, even though I touch myself, I wonder if I really exist.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    @rooks: They're not so bad, really. The motives are good but the fonts are a bit much. I've seen much, much worse sold in book stores though.
    Yeah, I know, you're supposed to make everything immediately legible from a thumbnail of the cover and stuff, right? I was really getting tired of looking at endless lists of fonts, though: I knew there was only so much I could do with limited resources, so I thought even if they weren't as readable as they could be I'd try and at least make them stand out a little. Still, I'm certainly not set on keeping them like that... but thank you for the honest appraisal, I appreciate it.
    Smashwords (free stories I wrote) | Steam | Tumblr (reviews, games crit etc.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Might want to edit the first post then, Anthile, 'shamelessly advertise' in a 'what have you made' thread kind of gives exactly the impression that it would be OK to peddle ones products here.
    I wrote a fantasy novel, called Lavender! Perhaps you'd like to read it.