Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar

Exclamation WvW Saturday - Saturday 10th June - 17:00 UK // 18:00 CEST

Hi everyone.

Thanks to all of you who came to Dragonfall last Saturday. It was a great success, and we even managed an extra Silverwastes run after the evening had 'officially' ended.

Tomorrow, several updates to the game will be dropping, and I'm interested in the changes around WvW. Many of you may not remember this, but [RPS] used to be an extremely active presence on the Gunnar's Hold WvW scene - and we still have people frequently representing us in the maps.

After tomorrow, I feel many of us will be motivated to return to WvW - especially as there's now a legendary backpack up for grabs. Therefore, this coming Saturday afternoon may be an excellent time to dive back in.

What are we doing?

As more recent guild outings in WvW have not attracted zerg-like numbers, I'm recommending we tag along to an existing Gunnar's commander on Saturday to support the main army (in whatever map we're most needed). This will include joining the main zerg on TeamSpeak as required (see the thread on the Gunnar's Hold community forum for a bit more information).

Take note of the starting time: Trying to join WvW any later could result in the main four maps being too full. Plus, it means we can raid afterward (around 19:30 UK time) if people are up for it.

What do you need?

Firstly, you need to ensure you can actually play WvW with us. This is constrained by whichever server you picked as your home when you first started the game.

You can check this by clicking this button when on your Character Select screen (it's in the bottom left):

World Selection.PNG

Your home server is the one with the house next to it:

Gunnar's.PNG

You'll also be given an option to transfer to Gunnar's on this menu, at the cost of 1,000 gems. That's a sizable sum, and so I suggest you only consider it if you are truly dedicated to the guild.

NOTE: For this event, you can also play with us (as in, on the same team) if you have a home server of Vabbi or Ruins of Surmia. This is due to current world-linking.

Secondly, please ensure you have a decently-equipped level 80, with a WvW build for zerging. MetaBattle has some good suggestions.

Thirdly, we will primarily be using the guild's Discord for voice chat to begin. Then, as it becomes apparent as to which TeamSpeak we'll be using, we'll switch to there. Download TeamSpeak here.

Any questions?

Please put them below.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Oh, and naturally we'll decide on which map to visit on the day. This means you just need to be online in-game and on Discord to join in.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Be aware that certain Vabbi commanders have an unhealthy, and incredibly tedious, obsession with rangers and you'll most likely be kicked by them if you play ranger (and probably thief too).

Could hope Flex leads that day (might be difficult to get into his squad as it usually fills up very quickly, but worth a try).

Obscure Node
    If I'm reading the GW2 website correctly, there may be a need for smaller groups running around. I'm happy to tag up if needed for such a mission. Although I am working until 5:00pm, so would be home by 5:30.

I'll be there, bringing Frank The Tank (or Frank Tankborn or whatever he's called) for some sweet hammer time
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior) Crustycuffs (Tree)
    Elder Scrolls Online: @crustycuffs (Godsmote the techno viking)
    Discord: Crustycuffs Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: crustycuffs Origin: ​Crustycuffs
    Planetside2: Crustycuffs
    Elite: CMDR Crustycuffs
    Part of the Distant Worlds Exploration - 65,000ly (and maybe back)

Retired:
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25

Great to see the replies so far folks. Looking forward to Saturday.

I dipped into WvW with Tweet, Matt, and Visko last night after the patch went live. Was really refreshing to see so many people back on the maps, and even experienced some fantastic fights in the Desert Borderlands (I'd never seen those numbers there before!).
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Think we'll have queuing issues?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Possibly. I'm almost certain that there will be queues, but not with the numbers we've seen since yesterday; the hype will have died down a little by Saturday afternoon.
    Guild Wars 2:

Activated Node
    Excellent initiative! Can't promise, but will do my best to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Be aware that certain Vabbi commanders have an unhealthy, and incredibly tedious, obsession with rangers and you'll most likely be kicked by them if you play ranger (and probably thief too).

Could hope Flex leads that day (might be difficult to get into his squad as it usually fills up very quickly, but worth a try).
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserBeahm View Post
    If I'm reading the GW2 website correctly, there may be a need for smaller groups running around.
    Yes, could be a better option and we might have the numbers to run as a guild group, with the few regulars, plus some casuals and all the new or returning players. Also, we would avoid all the annoyances related to being in a full squad (those Vabbi guys can really be toxic, indeed).
    Hiro Matthys - Guardian, WvW
    Nawi Limedove - Warrior, PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Possibly. I'm almost certain that there will be queues, but not with the numbers we've seen since yesterday; the hype will have died down a little by Saturday afternoon.
    I sat in queue for home BL for two hours last evening, and then gave up because I was stuck at #29 and the queue wasn't moving at all. I eventually got into desert BL (which, of course, had a commander I won't follow) and from there to home, but by then it was pretty late in the night.
    It probably won't be quite that bad tonight, but it's still weekend, so perhaps it might be an idea to decide on which map we're going for, so people can start queuing early.

Activated Node
    Seems alright at 15.40 CEST

Queue.JPG

Yeah, with two hours to go it seems things are looking OK.

For reference, I've played WvW every night this week since the patch hit, and the most I've queued has been an hour - but that was to get through 90 places for Eternal Battlegrounds.
    Guild Wars 2:

That seemed to go well. Duke didn't even get shouted at in team chat or anything (highly unusual these days).

I got ganked and had to WP while the zerg was at the other end of the map, so I started doing my own thing (and got ganked again when I had nearly reached the zerg later on), and eventually ended up in home because of emergencies there.

Edit: Off for the next week, btw. I doubt I'll log in much if at all (my parent's computer can barely handle even my home instance...).

Activated Node
    It went very smoothly, yes.
    Definitely on board if this becomes a weekly thing

Hi everyone!

Thanks for coming along on Saturday. In total, we were on the map for two skirmishes - amounting to a full four hours of WvW. Jade Sea turned out to be a pretty nice server to fight, but Desert Borderlands definitely isn't a good place to roam.

I think the first half was better for fights; as the day went on the team got their shit together and was able to actually beat us. Still, I was very impressed at how much we were able to get done, and I'll probably remember that fight while capping the Fire Keep for the rest of my GW2 career.

And yeah... no toxicity from the map, aside from a few tongue-in-cheek comments when I was basically like, "Fine! Open raid!" Was good.
    Guild Wars 2:

Would anyone be interested in doing the same again this Saturday, at the same time? We're linked with the same servers on Gunnar's still, and since I started selling my rares I made about 200 gold from last Saturday's run.
    Guild Wars 2:

Activated Node
    Absolutely, ok for Saturday 17

I should be around as well!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Three's basically a squad.

See you then!
    Guild Wars 2:

Activated Node
    Will there be an event tomorrow?
    Could be a good occasion to do some WvW guild missions