Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Original Sinister

Since the patch that fixed conditions, condition builds have been growing in popularity and with the raids they are a major part of the meta, especially Engis, Rangers and Guardians. In raid sparticularly this means full Sinister/Viper to keep toughness down, and the only way to achieve this is completing at least 2 parts of the LS2 story achievements, as well as enough SW grinding to get another few pieces

Some folk got these earlier, but myself and a few others unlocked the story episodes but did not get all the achievements (Rav, Alyss are 2 i know). I think it'll be more fun to get these as a group - so jot down below if you are interested and times in the next week or 2 that you might be about to group up for these so we can plan a couple of runs

I should be on Tues, Wed and Thurs evenings this week about 8:30-9 plus after missions on Sunday. Mon, wed and thurs next week
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Hari Scarlett

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I'd like to do these!

For those who don't know: a sinister amulet and accessory are available from the SW merchant for 1000 bandit crests and 10g each after you've completed LS2 (not the achievements). For the other accessory and the two rings, you need the achievements.

I'd want to target the specific episodes that give those three pieces - not so worried about the rest.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    I have random achievements from those episodes, so I'd be up for getting the rest.

Can you get the achievements if your character hasn't played the episodes (i.e. if someone else starts the instance)? My ranger is the only one who's been through them all and that class might not be the best for all achievements.

I have only Wicked Rodeo left, but i like challenge modes in LS so i'll be happy to tag along!

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Can you get the achievements if your character hasn't played the episodes (i.e. if someone else starts the instance)? My ranger is the only one who's been through them all and that class might not be the best for all achievements.
    You can only get them on char who already finished that episode. It's a bit pain in the ass.

Also talking about perfect classes. I think Daredevil was born for doing those achivs. 90% of them involve not being hit by stuff, those dudes are perfect at avoiding.
    Last edited by Denso; 24-11-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Smoldur Ripjaw Revenant
    Gar Grond Engineer
    Foxmal Mesmer
    Typhus Necro

I should be able to do most evenings this week with a bit of notice... thanks for organizing this Ohara!

Saph, that's useful to know, need to check how many badges I have - probably not enough considering I haven't really farmed SW that much.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Count me in, I'll be around most nights. Plus I think I have 4000 badges so I can get those too, I wasn't sure if they were dups of the LS ones or not.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    I'd like to do these!

For those who don't know: a sinister amulet and accessory are available from the SW merchant for 1000 bandit crests and 10g each after you've completed LS2 (not the achievements). For the other accessory and the two rings, you need the achievements.

I'd want to target the specific episodes that give those three pieces - not so worried about the rest.
    Almost. To clarify you get a sinister amulet and one ring (not accessory) by doing LS as Saf says-
    "Echoes of the past" and "Point of no return" will get you the two accessories.
    Tangled path will get you the other ring
    I think (but am not 100% sure) that if you buy a second Veratas seared ring with bandit crests and 10g that you can infuse one and that you can wear the infused and non infused versions together as they are no longer unique. This will save doing the tangled path cheevos at the expense of one infusion slot so not ideal if you are planning super high fractals on your condi character.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Hari Scarlett

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravbek View Post
    Count me in, I'll be around most nights. Plus I think I have 4000 badges so I can get those too, I wasn't sure if they were dups of the LS ones or not.
    No they are not dups but you can only wear one amulet so you only need the extra one if you are going for Luminescent armour

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    No they are not dups but you can only wear one amulet so you only need the extra one if you are going for Luminescent armour
    luminescent armour (achievement) is worth going for since it's a free piece of ascended armour, that costs practically nothing.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: Hawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    also ready this post it details getting sinister gear.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: Hawksbane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    ok if im around i;ll join
    Tweetiti, known in GW2 also as (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel, Liltweetie, Tweet Manstalker andTweetfanny Adams
    Subscribe to our @RPS_GW2 Twitter

Activated Node
    I'm still missing quite a few LS2 achievements (not only the ones that open sinister stuff ), and i'm always up for grouping up for them !
    Flarr & others assorted creatures (GW2).
    I like to jump on floating platforms.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    So the good news is that there's another way to get sinister rings (& viper's too!)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...ded_ring_drop/

The bad news is that it seems to just be an RNG drop from raid bosses, so no hope of working towards this one.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rav and I did a few of the Hidden Arcana achievements tonight - not that bad if you have a few of you and you can repeat them if you need to.

Despite disabling all boons the last achievement bugged out on me so I still need to run the whole thing again if anyone wants a go. Also need to do the arcana Obscura ones that are good in a group, so shall put out a call when I am on at some time next week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks to Noaru and monkey tonight (plus Rav last month)for helping me through a few of these. Only 2 to go (rock dodger and dancer in the dark) to get my full set of Sinister trinkets. Necroing the thread as happy to help any guild folks out who need these, definitely easier in a bigger group.

Was just thinking about this this morning...strange. I really would like to finish all the achievements. I've done everything in LS2 except a few of these.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravbek View Post
    Was just thinking about this this morning...strange. I really would like to finish all the achievements. I've done everything in LS2 except a few of these.
    I'd be interested too
    Tweetiti, known in GW2 also as (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel, Liltweetie, Tweet Manstalker andTweetfanny Adams
    Subscribe to our @RPS_GW2 Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    The main dragon minion fight if people want cheevos needs 5 to make it quicker/easier
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, hardcore spectre of ghastly damage
    Monksgaard, hunter of dragons with bow and trap
    Monkscourge, provider of bonus conditions you didn't know you needed
    Monksfenrisson, a burning scandinavian who can support his friends at party time
    Monksderwydd, an irish chap who can wield staffs, bows and pets

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think tweeti is finally feeling left out as a non condi engi.
    After missions Sunday?

Sounds good! I pretty much need most achis bar what we did last night.

PS !@#!$%!# ninja spawning invisible walls in that labyrinth...
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.