Obscure Node

Virtual Reality makes you feel like a badass.

It also makes you look incredibly goofy. However, while you're in the headset you pretty much feel like John Wayne.

Everyone seriously needs to try this piece of technology out at least once.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ah. I thought this thread was going to be in the theme of general "VR makes you feel" kind of thing. From what people have been saying, it's very immersive.

It brings up a lot more of the arguments for and against certain aspects again.
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Watching the delicate placing of the cartridges, rounds or whatever the correct terminology is made me really want to try Tabletop Simulator in VR.

Alternatively, a recreation of the Matrix lobby scene.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, should work well. I've seen people throwing the controllers and catching them as the tracking is that good. :P
    It is a technical difference, but's there none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Watching the delicate placing of the cartridges, rounds or whatever the correct terminology is made me really want to try Tabletop Simulator in VR.

Alternatively, a recreation of the Matrix lobby scene.
    Tabletop Simulator dev might be looking into VR support. That would absolutely be a killer app.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    Yeah, should work well. I've seen people throwing the controllers and catching them as the tracking is that good. :P
    Absolutely. I can juggle better in VR than I can IRL. With my setup it's 100% 1:1 motion tracking. HTC/Valve claim sub-millimeter, but different setups can definitely impact that. My setup not being anything non-standard, of course, just opposite corner mounting in the walls with screws, free of anything blocking the path to the play space floor.
    Last edited by Xzi; Yesterday at 07:07 PM.
    ~

For all of the hype around anything labeled "immersive", a la google glass, I'm really fucking glad that something finally came through. Really excited for whats in store with the future of this tech