Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

You Guys Look Forward to Upcoming Need For Speed?

This one looks quite cool, outstands itself from previous installments. It also is up to the standard of another of my beloved illicit racing game: Midnight Club.

But again, curse EA for the delay of PC version. No, we don't get it next week. It will be delivered 6 Jan, next year.

Network Hub
    It sure is wet !

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's not January 6, it's sometime in the Spring mate

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    It's not January 6, it's sometime in the Spring mate
    I thought January 6 is already an intolerable delay, turns out there is a new low...

F you, EA.

So is this basically just NFS: Underground 3 then?

It any case it looks close enough that I'll probably have a go once it's released.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    The often somewhat grumpy folks over on PretendRaceCars aren't impressed: 'Initial Feedback from the Full Version of Need for Speed is… Not Good…'

If the rubber banding AI is anywhere close to similar to earlier releases I'll note this down for a €5,- Steam sale. If Android games like Reckless Racing 2 can create a dynamic AI setting that is adjusted based on your results against it - not on your current speed(!) - then why do we need to rely on these dated methods of creating 'exciting' races on such a big budget title?
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

No but I'll check the ost out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    From my ultra-skimming of the videos, could it be that they made a real successor to the 2005 Most Wanted? It even has FMV cutscenes!
    I'm now cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    No but I'll check the ost out.
    This too.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Bin the .exes to get it high.

Forced Online bullshit, skip.

Network Hub
    No, not buying this. Always online, rubber band AI, i mean come on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYRTW7wh3ZY

Looks OK, performance moody, NO WHEEL SUPPORT, NO MANUAL GEARCHANGE, choice of third-person or bumpercam views only

None of that is surprising (see NFS:MW remake and so on) but none of that says "buy me" either...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    NO WHEEL SUPPORT, NO MANUAL GEARCHANGE
    ROFL

What's next? Battlefield 5 - no mouse support, no manual aiming?

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    The often somewhat grumpy folks over on PretendRaceCars aren't impressed: 'Initial Feedback from the Full Version of Need for Speed is… Not Good…'

If the rubber banding AI is anywhere close to similar to earlier releases I'll note this down for a €5,- Steam sale. If Android games like Reckless Racing 2 can create a dynamic AI setting that is adjusted based on your results against it - not on your current speed(!) - then why do we need to rely on these dated methods of creating 'exciting' races on such a big budget title?
    Must say that I am not a big fan of Pretend Race Cars. Their tendency to seemingly randomly bolden sentences creates a few articles that are quite frankly, difficult to read. Their normally quite interesting (Jeremy Clarkson inspired) reviews are replaced by a seemingly random screenshot dump in this article... Blergh. I do expect a bit better from them.

@Gamecat - NFS has had no manual gear changes for quite a while now. It's gone the burnout route - which is not neccisarely a bad thing. The 2012 most wanted remake/Burnout Paradise 2 was a great load of fun, and I personally enjoyed that one a lot more then I did with the original Most Wanted. And the original Most Wanted was great fun too, but it suffered from rubberband AI and a very inconsistent driving model. The 2012 one still has rubberband AI but it's far less noticable, and the driving model is simply sooo muuch fun!

NFS always had various directions. The first titles were quite actiony. The 4th and 5th titles had some more realistic edges, whilst the titles following that went more "movie style" (culminating into the Most Wanted and Carbon variants). It has shifted back and forth between those two styles, and the burnout route is just another direction. Nevertheless, I have had fun with every NFS game I played, so I don't actually doubt this new one. Or atleast, not untill full on reviews come out.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 01-11-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I mean, even more arcade Outrun have manual gearbox. Goddamnit, every game with real cars should have option to turn the manual gearbox. There's no excuse for not having it.
    Last edited by GameCat; 01-11-2015 at 09:49 PM.