Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-02-2013, 10:37 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
I have recently started a small project - a website that helps you find quality resources featuring a specific theme. Let me quote the site's introduction:
Hi! This is thematick. You can use it to explore high quality, community picked resources (e.g. books, movies, games) featuring themes that you are currently interested in.
Themes are like tags. They can be general (e.g. @zombies) or more specifc (e.g.@environment exploration). They can also be combined to define an even more specific theme (e.g. @survival in a @hostile environment with elements of @camp building).
Thematic was created out of need. Sometimes, when you get really enthusiastic about a theme, you start looking for resources that include or feature that theme. Like when you get all excited about a movie you have just watched featuring @zombies. And you want to explore that theme, maybe read a book or play a videogame that revolves around that topic!
The thing is, that if the theme is very specific (e.g. @colonization of an@unknown planet with elements of @terraforming and @resource gathering) finding these resources (ha!) can be very difficult...
This is where thematick kicks in! Thematick will help you find exactly what you are looking for, because it is created by enthusiasts just like you.
Dive in and enjoy!
And when you are ready, join the community and start adding resources and themes that you like and think others might enjoy as well.
So that's basically the idea. The site is already online, but it is still under development. I have implemented just the basic features, the minimum that is needed to start addding content.
- adding themes
- adding resources
- matching themes with resources
- voting on matches (you can give an 'up' or 'down' for particular match between theme and resource
- commenting on matches (the same)
- dynamic search by theme or resource title
- creating accounts
- signing in and signing out
- basic user interface
- temporary address (name of the site can still change)
It's very easy to sign up (you don't get a confirmation e-mail, the account is active from the start). You need to sign up to add content and to vote. Browsing and commenting can be done anonymously.
What am I currently looking for is:
- feedback from the community (I would love to hear what you think about the idea and if there is anyone other than me, that might find it useful)
- ideas on what should be developed next (like I said, the basic engine is working, I have many ideas on what can be done better and what features to add - but I need some priorities, so it would be great to hear what's most urgent / most annoying etc.)
- people that would like to help out adding content (I still have plenty to add myself, but of course my experience and imagination is limited - I'll be focusing mostly on themes I have explored myself, because the ideas is to add resources that you know, you've tried them, you know they deliver what you promise ;))
OK. That's it for now. You can check the website at:
For questions, sugestions and feedback please reply in this thread or send me a private message.
Any feedback will be valuable and welcome.