Is Blood Bowl 2 good for new players?

Pretty much what the subject says, I've been watching some videos and it looks pretty great. I've never played BB1 or the board game.

I've also seen people saying that BB1 Chaos Editions is better? Is this just because all the races are in there or are there problems with BB2?

Thanks Everybody!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus karaquazian's Avatar
    Join our BB group. You can then have matches against people who will help if you explain you're a newbie.

Yeah its pretty addictive, but I'm big on shortish time competative turn based games. I'm also playing a lot of chaos reborn which ticks similar boxes.

The tutorial in BB2 is much better, the AI is somewhat better too.

Thanks! I'll take a look when I buy the game next month (Who knew renting a flat was so expensive?).

Network Hub
    The tutorial in BB2 is very good. If anything it perhaps over explains and goes on for a bit too long, but as an introduction for players new to the game it's hard to fault.

Those who own the earlier editions have fewer reasons to buy BB2, and a decent case can be made - largely centered on race availability - of the earlier versions being "better". But for new players, or for those who own no other Bloodbowl computer client, I'd unreservedly say BB2 is by far the better game - though it is, for the time being, undeniably more expensive.

The races included are limited yes, but give a huge range of playstyles.

BBtactics & Fumbbl are good sites to brush up on strategies, in addition to the wealth of friendly RPS knowledge available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BillButNotBen's Avatar
    I still feel like I haven't played BB1 enough to justify getting BB2 (mainly my own fault, but also because the tutorial is crap and so it took me longer to learn the ropes than it should have.)
    I must go back to BB1 sometimes.

Karaquazian, I've bought Blood Bowl 2 and taken a look in the forum but it looks like your main league has already started so how would I go about joining?

Thanks! Having great fun already!

You can join the crest of the earl ladder so you can arrange matches with other rpsers. But yeah the fixtured league is full.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
    The tutorial in BB2 is very good. If anything it perhaps over explains and goes on for a bit too long, but as an introduction for players new to the game it's hard to fault.

Those who own the earlier editions have fewer reasons to buy BB2, and a decent case can be made - largely centered on race availability - of the earlier versions being "better". But for new players, or for those who own no other Bloodbowl computer client, I'd unreservedly say BB2 is by far the better game - though it is, for the time being, undeniably more expensive.

The races included are limited yes, but give a huge range of playstyles.

BBtactics & Fumbbl are good sites to brush up on strategies, in addition to the wealth of friendly RPS knowledge available.
    they need to add undead, because they are popular side

and even more so goblins because they are so different to play with their tactics based around cheating with a large squad of cheap players, provide a challenge and can be a good counter to the proliferation of chaos teams.