Hello Rock Paper Shotgun Community,

My name is Sterling and Iím part of the team here at Stingbot Games and Iím also new to these forums. I'm the lead designer/programmer and owner of the company and for the past 2.5 years we have been working on an Action/Platformer game called The Forbidden Arts.

Players will assume the role of a young Pyromancer named Phoenix who sets off on a quest to learn more about himself and his role in the world, all while learning how to manipulate fire and control the element. Phoenix is shown below:

We just released our first official trailer for the game as can be seen here:

One thing we feel is unique about the game is the way players use Phoenix's skills as a Pyromancer and how he recovers his power. Each time he uses an ability "The Flame" is drained from his body. In order to replenish it he must siphon fire from the environment to regain his power. This could be anything from a campfire to a lit torch, so long as he's within range of the fire. Based around this mechanic we have thought up all sorts of cool and unique things the player must do to manage his fire pool.

The Forbidden Arts is still in pre-alpha but we look forward to sharing more of the game with you as we continue development. Thanks for reading and stay posted for updates. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, comments, or feedback. I'd love to hear from you.