Want to know how to unlock Eri as a party member in Yakuza: Like a Dragon? During Chapter 5 of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, you can unlock a secret party member named Eri. Eri is a very powerful party member who you may want on your team before leaping into any tough battles.
In this guide, we'll explain how to unlock Eri as a party member in Yakuza: Like a Dragon. We'll also break down her skills, so that you can see just how worthwhile she is as a party member.
How do you unlock Eri in Yakuza: Like A Dragon?
To unlock Eri in Yakuza: Like A Dragon you'll first need to reach the tail end of Chapter 5. During the story you'll bump into her outside of Otohime Land and it'll turn out that she's your way into the business management minigame. And don't worry about missing out on meeting her as it's totally unskippable.
Alright, so you've unlocked the business management minigame (which is also a great way to make money fast in Yakuza: Like a Dragon), now what? To cut a long story short, Nick Ogata (a bloke who invests in your business) needs you to reach shareholder rank 100 within a certain period of time. If you're unfamiliar with the minigame, it's basically telling you to manage a business called Ichiban Confections in such a way that you'll climb the rankings, hit rank 100, then move onto whatever's next (spoilers: it's moving up the ladder even further).
So, let's say you've now run the business successfully enough that you've hit rank 100. Good job, because you're almost there. Kasuga will invite Eri out for a drink at Survive Bar to celebrate, so head on over. When you arrive, speak to Eri who'll be sat at the bar alongside your existing party members. This'll trigger a lovely chat, after which she'll join your party! It's worth quickly noting that you'll need to head into the Party screen in the options menu to swap her into your squad.
That's not where the journey with Eri ends, though, as you can go a little further and enter into a romantic relationship. To do this, you'll need to reach the top rank in the business management minigame. Eri is just one of six romance options in Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and romancing them all will earn you a special reward.
What skills does Eri have?
Here's a quick breakdown of Eri's skills in Yakuza: Like a Dragon:
- First thing to note: Eri starts off at level 1 and won't have any gear apart from her Boxcutter which she uses as a weapon.
- Eri has a natural aversion to sleep and rage, but she's more susceptible to being stunned.
- Eri's a Clerk which is a Job exclusive to her. She cuts down enemies with a box cutter and her fighting style is speedy and agile. If she specialises in this class she'll gain bonuses to Agility and Attack, as well as a fairly broad range of abilities. She's got a self-healing skill, offensive abilities, and some single-target debuffs.
- Much like Saeko, Eri's able to swap Jobs to: Idol, Dealer, Hostess, and Night Queen.
- Unlike the rest of your party members, Eri's bond level only increases as you grow your business. Increasing her bond also has more benefits than most, as it'll give her access to new jobs and skills. So it's wise to invest in your businesses if you want to invest in Eri.
I'd say Eri's worth swapping into your party if you need some extra damage, but you'll need Saeko or Nanba to keep your team alive with healing skills. I've found success swapping Nanba out for Eri, and keeping Saeko as the team support with her incredibly strong Idol healing capabilities.
That's it for our guide on how to unlock Eri Kamataki in Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Those eager to 100% the game still have plenty to do, though, so it's time to get to work. If you want to complete the Part Time Hero quest and earn some money, check out our guides on how to find all Kappa Statues and how to find all missing cats in Yakuza: Like a Dragon.