One of the many questions that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order raises throughout its lengthy campaign is this: what's a droid without his Scomp Link? This Scomp Link guide will show you how to repair your adorable droid BD-1's damaged Scomp Link, so that he can open all sorts of locked and hidden areas for you in return.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Scomp Link guide contents:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Scomp Link overview
- How to repair Scomp Link
- How to use Scomp Link to slice open chests and doors
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Scomp Link overview
So, what's a Scomp Link, and why is it so important? Early on in the Jedi: Fallen Order story, your little droid friend will have a bit of an unfortunate encounter with a Bog Rat. Don't worry; he'll be just fine. But the Bog Rat damaged BD-1's Scomp Link, which is part of what makes BD units so useful for accessing otherwise inaccessible areas.
Until you find a new Scomp Link for BD-1, you'll be taunted wherever you go by locked doors or chests that cannot be opened without the use of a Scomp Link. You'll know these particular chests or doors from the rest, because they'll be coloured red instead of the usual grey/white.
Scomp Link location - how to repair Scomp Link
So, where can you repair BD-1's Scomp Link so you can make your droid buddy whole again? Only on Zeffo - the second main planet of the campaign. Here are the steps:
- Gain access to Force Push. For full details on this, be sure to check out our Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Force Powers guide (don't worry, it's unlocked right here on Zeffo!).
- Head to the Weathered Monument region in the centre of the Zeffo map.
- Use Force Push on the giant cracked stone door (highlighted green on your map) to break it open.
- Follow the path clockwise until you reach an elevated platform with a workbench, much like those you'll come across for customising your Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order lightsaber.
- Interact with the workbench to gain the Scomp Link upgrade for BD-1.
How to use Scomp Link to slice open chests and doors
Once you have the Scomp Link, you'll be able to order BD-1 to slice all sorts of imperial tech. This includes all those locked doors and red chests that previously were unavailable to you.
Many of the chests, you might be slightly disappointed to find, don't contain anything more important or valuable than ordinary chests - but at least you can get more lightsaber parts now! The real benefit of the Scomp Link is that it allows you to open up all sorts of hidden areas and shortcuts, which will drastically help to cut down on the time you spend navigating the labyrinthine regions on every planet in Jedi: Fallen Order.
And that's just about everything you need to know regarding the Scomp Link upgrade in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Be sure to also check out our other guides below!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order tips - Find out our eight top tips for players of all skill levels on how to survive your time with Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order combat - Learn how to wield your lightsaber and the Force like a true Jedi with our combat tips and explanations.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree - This guide features full explanations of every single skill in the skill tree, along with our picks for the best skills to upgrade first!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Force Powers - Learn how and where to unlock Force Push, Force Pull, Double Jump, and more.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order lightsaber - Learn the ins and outs of lightsaber customisation, including how to get more colours, and where to find the double-blade and dual-wield lightsaber upgrades.
- Fallen Order Scomp Link repair - What the hell is a Scomp Link, and how can you get your hands on one? Learn how to open all those locked chests and doors with this guide!
- Fallen Order Tomb of Eilram - If you're a puzzle-hater like me, then this guide on completing and escape the Tomb of Eilram in less than 10 minutes is your Holy Grail.
- Fallen Order Tomb of Miktrull - Find out how to blitz through this nefarious Tomb of torches and vines and raise the Spire of Miktrull with ease!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Stim locations - Use this guide to find all eight Stim Canister Upgrades scattered throughout the game.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Grandmaster - High-level tips and advice on how to beat the game on the hardest difficulty mode available!
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bosses:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bosses - Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the Fallen order bosses, with some general top tips for tackling any of them.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oggdo Bogdo - Learn how to take on the game's first true boss and walk away without even a scratch.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rabid Jotaz - Evade this fearsome predator's strikes and carve him up with this in-depth boss walkthrough.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Albino Wyyyschokk - Learn how to easily defeat this monstrous spider without taking a single hit.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Second Sister - Learn to defend yourself against the most powerful of Cal's foes in this battle on Zeffo.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Ninth Sister - Take down this fearsome Dark Side Inquisitor by learning and adapting to her many unblockable attacks.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Nydak Alpha - Don't fall for this powerful beast's ruses! Let our guide teach you the nefarious ways of the Nydak Alpha.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gorgara - Trim the feathers of this colossal bird with our guide to defeating the Gorgara on Jedi Master difficulty.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Taron Malicos - Show this dual-wielding Sith what for in this epic battle in the ruins of Dathomir.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Trilla - Complete Cal's destiny by besting the dangerous Trilla Suduri once and for all.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bounty Hunters - Learn the ins and outs of these deadly late game Haxion Brood Bounty Hunters.