Red Dead Redemption 2’s map is a vast, complex beast and sometimes you won’t want to lug your horse halfway across the continent to start a mission. This is where having a method of fast travel comes in handy. While there’s no way of teleporting to discovered locations at any time from the map, there are several methods of transport that’ll certainly prove speedier than a horse.
Below we’ve put together a list of all the fast travel methods in Red Dead Redemption 2 and how to unlock them.
How to unlock fast travel in Red Dead Redemption 2
Here’s how you can unlock fast travel:
- You won’t be able to unlock fast travel until you start Chapter 2 in the main story.
- The first step is to complete the mission “Money Lending and Other Sins”. Hand in your first debt, and you’ll be taught how the ledger can be used to upgrade your camp.
- When you’ve got a free moment and enough camp cash, open up the ledger and flick to the Lodgings section. Upgrade it once, and you’ll have to the option to upgrade Arthur’s tent. Do this and you’ll unlock fast travel.
To use fast travel, go round the back of Arthur’s tent and view the map that’s there. Select a location that you’ve visited before and you’ll magically appear there along with your main horse.
This video by TagBackTV is well worth a watch as it'll show you how to unlock fast travel in-game if you're still unsure.
- All Legendary Fish locations - RDR2
- All Fence locations - RDR2
- All Trapper locations - RDR2
- All Treasure Map Locations and solutions - RDR2
- Trinkets guide - RDR2
- Best horses guide - RDR2
- Cheat codes guide - RDR2
Other methods of fast travel in Red Dead Redemption 2
There are two other ways of getting around the map quicker than normal: Stagecoach and train.
Unlocking fast travel from your camp is not a prerequisite! You can use these modes of transport from the beginning of Chapter 2.
How to use a stagecoach
- There’s a signpost icon near all the major towns and cities in the game, and this is where you’ll find a stagecoach.
- As long as you’ve been to a certain location previously, you can pay a fare to use the stagecoach to visit that specific destination.
- If the signpost symbol is locked and greyed out, this means you’re unable to use the stagecoach until after you’ve dismounted from your horse or exited a mission state.
How to use a train
- At most larger towns and cities there is an envelope icon. Head on over to these locations and you’ll be able to catch a train.
- Using the train, you can travel to any destination on the list from the very beginning of Chapter 2. It’s also cheaper than the stagecoach too.