It was always likely that Rockstar would want to inject just a little of the Battle Royale flavour into its monster hit Red Dead Redemption 2, and thanks to some clever data-mining by the playerbase it looks as though we have our first details of the mode.
Named Make It Count, RDR2's Battle Royale mode appears to be a 32 player based affair (so significantly scaled down from the usual 100 or so players), where the last player alive wins. You only have access to a certain number of weapons while playing and there is, apparently, a shrinking playable area to ensure no-one camps it out.
Once the mode actually goes live we'll have tips on how to thrive and survive in Make It Count, but for now here's a complete overview of everything - we think! - we know about the mode.
- Players - 32 players will be able to do battle against one another.
- Weapons - There will be limited offensive options as part of the rolling playlist. Throwing knives / bow and arrows are mentioned.
- Locations - It looks as though the location of the battle will change over time. Locations include Stillwater Creek, Saint Denis Plantation, Strawberry and Tall Trees.
SOURCE - illogicalMods
The following descriptions have also been revealed:
A true test of resourcefulness: Use nothing but a handful of throwing knives to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there's nowhere to run.
Bow and Arrow
A true test of resourcefulness: Use nothing but a bow and a handful of arrows to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there's nowhere to run.
Red Dead Redemption 2's online beta begins rolling out a little later on today, but it's a staggered affair and access is determined by when you began playing the vanilla game:
- Tuesday 27th November - Owners of the Ultimate Edition
- Wednesday 28th November - Those who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on release day
- Thursday 29th November - Those who played the game within the first three days of launch
- Friday 30th November - All owners of the game
The start time for each phase, on each day, is 5:30am PT / 8:30am ET / 1:30pm GMT / 2:30pm CET.