These rules apply to all competitions in Rock, Paper, Shotgun unless we say otherwise, right?
1) All entries to any competition on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, whether photograph, text, physical object or idea, automatically become the full copyright/moral right of Rock, Paper, Shotgun Ltd, and can be reused by us in any way. In other words, if you don’t want to give it away, don’t send it in. This may seem harsh, but we have to do it.
2) Anything you submit cannot be returned. This is most likely because we’ve used our strange powers to disintegrate it.
3) Entries must be submitted within the start and closing dates of the competition. Or they are fed to our dragon/cat.
4) Personal correspondence sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org will be kept on our secure server for six months, or until we’re sure the competition prizes have all been dealt with. All RPS email eventually gets deleted, and we promise not to sell your house to hungry hobos, or give your details to the evil spammers. However, in the case of a third-party sponsoring the competition then the winners’ mailing address will be forwarded to the sponsor. That’s how you get the prize sent to you. If you’re not comfortable with that, don’t enter the competition.
5) Winners are chosen by the Rock, Paper, Shotgun editors, and their decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. We actively enjoy ignoring people. It’s a fun time.
6) The prize is the prize. No cash equivalent is available. Should something go insanely wrong with the prize, we will replace it with something of equal worth/loveliness.
7) No heavy petting.